Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    At a P5, I'd be really worried about his recruiting
    I'd be really worried about his recruiting if I was UNI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
      Just don't forget, in FBS football land, money I not a difficult hurdle to overcome.
      He's right now in the Top 10. 5 Million per would put him in the Top 3-5 paid coaches at least (not exactly sure) I think that even in FBS, that is another stratosphere for most schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        He's right now in the Top 10. 5 Million per would put him in the Top 3-5 paid coaches at least (not exactly sure) I think that even in FBS, that is another stratosphere for most schools.
        It's more than a lot of football coaches are making as well, which won't go over well at most schools

Comment

Which is why we really dodged a bullet when Alabama targeted Gregg. They were one of the relatively few that could do this.
          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Also have remember how many are willing to pay their basketball coach more than their football coach? There are very few in that boat currently and most are the ones making more the Marshall. Alabama could offer 4.5 because they pay Saban like 7 plus million. So the only place that can really pry Marshall away has to be a blue blood where it's part of the athletic department's culture to be over invested in basketball or where, like Alabama, football king & they'll can spend big bucks but the fan base mostly isn't that crazy about basketball. I guess a team without football, like us, could pony up too but that seems unlikely.
            If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan7 View Post
              Also have remember how many are willing to pay their basketball coach more than their football coach? There are very few in that boat currently and most are the ones making more the Marshall. Alabama could offer 4.5 because they pay Saban like 7 plus million. So the only place that can really pry Marshall away has to be a blue blood where it's part of the athletic department's culture to be over invested in basketball or where, like Alabama, football king & they'll can spend big bucks but the fan base mostly isn't that crazy about basketball. I guess a team without football, like us, could pony up too but that seems unlikely.
              Some that would do it would be Kentucky, N. Carolina, Louisville, and maybe Duke. Not many others would but a few might.

Comment

• You'll need $30 million to start any legitimate discussion. Then you better be a hell of salesman, with one hell of a good product.

And that's just to get your foot in the door.

Comment

• “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Doc Sadler just finished his 3rd horrible year at Southern Miss. Heiar used to be an assistant there, no idea if there would be any interest on either party's side.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      In this hypothetical world that has nary a chance of occurring, I would want:

Jans
                      Forbes
                      Heier

In that order.
                      I would actually go
                      Forbes
                      Jans

In that order. Forbes has high Division 1 experience as an assistant, WSU assistant, and numerous Juco Head background. Forbes also has a lot of charisma.

Comment

• Marshall REALLY trust Jans on all the x's and o's. Best assistant coach, oh I mean "advisor" out there.
                        Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Hire Jacobsen, with Muller, Lusk, Moser as recruiters and Hinson for a hype man ... And still have money left over...

Comment

I would actually go
                            Forbes
                            Jans

In that order. Forbes has high Division 1 experience as an assistant, WSU assistant, and numerous Juco Head background. Forbes also has a lot of charisma.
                            I'm not knocking Forbes at all, and I've never met any of them. Jan's also has had success as a D-I coach, but my reason for Jans over Forbes is that after this year's juniors graduate, not a one of them will know Forbes. Meanwhile Jans should be able to maintain current and future recruits after the loss of a legend. Not sure Forbes could.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              I'm not knocking Forbes at all, and I've never met any of them. Jan's also has had success as a D-I coach, but my reason for Jans over Forbes is that after this year's juniors graduate, not a one of them will know Forbes. Meanwhile Jans should be able to maintain current and future recruits after the loss of a legend. Not sure Forbes could.
                              Is Jans allowed to recruit in his current role? Since he's not technically a "coach".
                              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                                Is Jans allowed to recruit in his current role? Since he's not technically a "coach".
                                I don't think so, but the players know him at WSU. Only the juniors know Forbes...my take.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X