The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    The canary has survived the coal mine. Austin Reaves has signed his LOI.

http://www.goshockers.com/news/2016/...of-intent.aspx
    But Reaves still hasn't said publicly that Gregg Marshall told him privately that he was going to make a public statement to deny the message board rumors that he was a top candidate for the Memphis job. And furthermore, Alabama.

Comment

• BUT ALL THE TWITTER TWEETS MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR MARSHALL TO RECRUIT

Comment

• Looks like Tubby Smith has emerged as the top candidate for Memphis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Looks like Tubby Smith has emerged as the top candidate for Memphis.
          Yep, that's what Jason King just tweeted.

Comment

• Not sure if this is a Swing and a miss for Memphis or just a swing and a foul ball.

Think he will maintain the status quo there for a few more years. Nothing great, nothing bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
              Yep, that's what Jason King just tweeted.
              Well... cue the Texas Tech evolution of this thread. Only that stage should be hilarious from the WSU end. Like watching monkeys throw poop, while us humans watch from behind the glass.

Comment

Looks like Tubby Smith has emerged as the top candidate for Memphis.
                And the swarm heads southwest.

I feel sorry for Red Raider fans.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanESPN · 23m23 minutes ago

Tubby Smith has done one heck of a job in Lubbock. Texas Tech is an extremely difficult job. Memphis IMO a Top 25-30 job.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    Well... cue the Texas Tech evolution of this thread. Only that stage should be hilarious from the WSU end. Like watching monkeys throw poop, while us humans watch from behind the glass.
                    It will be fun for sure. I'm going to love to hear how TT is a better job than WSU when their coach just left to go to a job that Marshall already turned down.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      Jeff ******* ‏@GoodmanESPN · 23m23 minutes ago

Tubby Smith has done one heck of a job in Lubbock. Texas Tech is an extremely difficult job. Memphis IMO a Top 25-30 job.
                      I think that's maybe what you might call a backtrack.

Comment

It will be fun for sure. I'm going to love to hear how TT is a better job than WSU when their coach just left to go to a job that Marshall already turned down.
                        Personally, I'm looking forward to the part where they tell us with a straight face that Lubbock is a better place to live than Wichita. You know cause we all want to live in a bigger version of Garden City/Dodge City/Liberal.

I'm no huge fan of Wichita, but LOL @ Lubbock.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          And the swarm heads southwest.

I feel sorry for Red Raider fans.
                          Yep, and they're off!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

To his credit he already backtracked like a day after calling it a top 20 job. He said it was an off the cuff radio remark, and after revisiting it said that its more like Top 25-30.

Comment

That goon changes his story by the second. And that's why I value very little to what he types out and/or says.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Good News View Post
                                Texas is back on as a possible now that Patterson is gone as AD, although unless Shaka pulls a Brad Stevens I could see him settling there for a very long time.

3G already turned down A&M so they're off. I could see him considering a Florida, but not a football school with as big a gap between the sports as the Ags have.

Funny story that I can tell now that time has passed - it was either after Turge's first season in College Station or before he'd even coached a game.

Someone I know was in a meeting when the other person had to pause to take a call from Turge. During the call the person covered the phone, turned, and said "they have NO idea how much he hates being there".

I thank Turge for what he did in Wichita, but I'd say that whole situation turned out pretty well...
                                The feeling was mutual. At A&M, customs and traditions are woven into the fabric of everyday life of current and former students. Coach Turgeon was not interested. His aloofness did not play well.

Except for taking a recruit with him, I appreciate everything Coach Turgeon did for the University.
                                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X