The Annual HCGM's WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post
    Memphis is a far better job than MTSU or Vandy...we paid Cal almost 2.5 million, and paid Pastner almost 3 million...money isn't the issue.

don't be mad at Memphis for wanting to better itself...you should flattered that we covet your HC...means you're doing something right.
    If it's not an issue, why weren't you going to do a buy out on your coach. Neither of those salaries match Marshalls current salary, not accounting for what you still have to pay GT to take your coach

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      The AAC won't be much better than the MVC if UConn and Cincy bolt....

There's a risk for GM to consider.
      lol, with champ game deregulation there is zero need for the Big XII to expand until the next TV deal is worked out...and that;s like 2024 or something

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
        Why, just why, was Fogler part of that search committee? Would we EVER ask Turgeon to help us locate a replacement? Did the Vandy people say, "Yes, he left us for South Carolina, but that's SUCH a better job we don't blame him! In fact, let's ask him to help us find a replacement!"
        Doesn't fogler oversee some sports consulting firm these days?

That scenario reeks of the arrogant ***** he was when he was our coach. I thought so even then. That was my introduction to "At this level..." type contempt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          Ummmmm. That's what we call a buyout.
          nope, it's liquidated damages WITHOUT a mitigation clause...it's the most ridiculous contract I've ever seen...no idea what we were thinking...it's a golden ticket, not a buyout.

Comment

the 10.6 million IS NOT a buyout...it's guaranteed money for the next 4 years from Pastner's contract if we FIRE him...the issue was paying that AND paying 2-3-4 million for the next guy.

now that part A is no longer an issue...neither is part B
            Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Ummmmm. That's what we call a buyout.
            It is certainly the "buyout" from the perspective of the current employer.

Marshall's buyout for suitors is something like $500K; if WSU wanted to fire Marshall today (in some odd, parallel universe) the price tag is more like $19M.

Comment

• ^ this...his buyout is 500k...if we canned him we had to pay his ENTIRE contract (liquidated damages) and even if he got a gig, we STILL had to pay the full amount 10.6 million (no mitigation clause)

WTF?

Comment

nope, it's liquidated damages WITHOUT a mitigation clause...it's the most ridiculous contract I've ever seen...no idea what we were thinking...it's a golden ticket, not a buyout.
                Let's not get caught up by hair-splitting semantics that most college basketball fans understand. For all intents and purposes, it's a buyout from the university's perspective.

My question is, is the money UofM is now going to pay Pastner to coach at GT from a clause in the contract or was that a negotiated deal meant to benefit all three parties?

Comment

^ this...his buyout is 500k...if we canned him we had to pay his ENTIRE contract (liquidated damages) and even if he got a gig, we STILL had to pay the full amount 10.6 million (no mitigation clause)

WTF?
                  If that is true, I hope whoever negotiated on behalf of Memphis is no longer employed at an educational institution.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    It hurts recruiting. You can take that to the bank. No butthurt here, just objective reality.
                    This.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
                      Jason King tweeting that he's been saying for 2 years,Memphis would be perfect for Marshall. Man this crap gets old.
                      He's not wrong, Memphis would be perfect for Marshall. But the things that make Memphis perfect for Marshall are what makes Wichita State perfect for Marshall.

Comment

• 'If that is true, I hope whoever negotiated on behalf of Memphis is no longer employed at an educational institution.'

^ it's true...for the record, I think Marshall says 'no' to Memphis...and we hire Peal/Marshall-lite in Steve Forbes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          I am sorry Jeff ******* ... But Gregg and Lynn Marshall will be the judge of that.
                          Exactamundo.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Memphis is a far better job than MTSU or Vandy...we paid Cal almost 2.5 million, and paid Pastner almost 3 million...money isn't the issue.

don't be mad at Memphis for wanting to better itself...you should flattered that we covet your HC...means you're doing something right.
                            I agree with this statement almost completely. I'm not certain about Vandy or Memphis being as far as one being far better than the other (only because I'm not familiar enough with them). I don't think money would be an issue for Memphis. I also don't think HC3.3G will leave Wichita because of money. And I don't think Memphis is currently a better job than WSU, and certainly not what one would consider a "dream job." I don't think Coach and Mrs. Coach leave Wichita for anything other than his "dream job" or retirement.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Why exactly is Penny Hardaway a candidate? What exactly has he done in the college basketball coaching world to became a head coach candidate at a school like Memphis?
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

'If that is true, I hope whoever negotiated on behalf of Memphis is no longer employed at an educational institution.'

^ it's true...for the record, I think Marshall says 'no' to Memphis...and we hire Peal/Marshall-lite in Steve Forbes.
                                Would love to see Steve get a job like Memphis. He's a good coach and a good guy.
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X