ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
    If GameDay comes to town, anyone think we could work in a segment of Fever and me raslin'?

Seriously though, I'm excited by the sudden increase in probability that this actually happens. (GameDay, not the raslin')
    Come on, I'd pay good money to see you 2 raslin'...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That ref must have lubed up.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Do not underestimate ESPNs affiliation with the Longhorn Network.

Comment

I am thinking this is 51% likely now. Do you think my optimism is too high??

Comment

I have a hard time letting go of the fear that GameDay will be 2 hrs away in Lawrence.

That would be so epically stupid on so many levels given the "just another game" nature of Texas at KU this year, but I just can't shake off that gut feeling that ESPN might do it anyway.

Come on ESPN. Make the smart... errrr... the not really stupid.... choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              So does that mean Texas-KU has the edge?

Everybody knows that you can't bypass on Lawrence for a year.

Need to thrash the Redturds or this all becomes a moot point.

The folks that have dismissed the KU UT matchup have, imho, made a grave mistake. I cannot imagine Espn passing on their love child. I think the best we can hope for is a secondary team IF we can manage to be 16-1 on the 27th. That's a big if.

Comment

So when does it get announced? Like a week away?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  The folks that have dismissed the KU UT matchup have, imho, made a grave mistake. I cannot imagine Espn passing on their love child. I think the best we can hope for is a secondary team IF we can manage to be 16-1 on the 27th. That's a big if.
                  Ratings will drive the decision. We're a long shot.

Heck, the only thing that I'm concerned about at this point is getting a dubya tomorrow.
                  ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    I don't think you can dismiss KU-Texas and I wouldn't think WSU would have much of a chance if they hadn't already done a Ku and Duke game this year. But since they have already done both of those places, I would think WSU-UNI game day actually has a decent chance of happening. WSU and UNI just need to win these next two games and I think they are at least seriously considered. Good ratings for Saturday's game at Illinois St is also a must.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Gameday has been to Lawrence every other year for quite some time. Last time was two years ago.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• While you can't dismiss KU getting gameday, it would be really fun for WSU to be the location that prevented them from hosting this year. They'd have a conniption.
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• If we believe we belong and this is our time, it's gonna happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                            If we believe we belong and this is our time, it's gonna happen.
                            PLAY ANGRY! LET'S GO!
                            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College...y_(basketball)

Just saw that UCLA at Arizona was selected for gameday next week.

How much does this affect our chances? I know I'm biased, but I think this gives us much better odds.
                              Would seem to eliminate most, if not all of the arguments in favor of UA/Utah. Can't believe they would pick UCLA over Utah. Makes you wonder what bonehead choice they would make over WSU/UNI. But, I am sure there are MANY less crucial games at KU,Duke, NC, Kentucky.

Come to think of it, UK undefeated is probably what they are holding out for, assuming UK plays that day and is still undefeated.
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                                Would seem to eliminate most, if not all of the arguments in favor of UA/Utah. Can't believe they would pick UCLA over Utah. Makes you wonder what bonehead choice they would make over WSU/UNI. But, I am sure there are MANY less crucial games at KU,Duke, NC, Kentucky.

Come to think of it, UK undefeated is probably what they are holding out for, assuming UK plays that day and is still undefeated.
                                UK is not one of the finalists for hosting. Plus, their regular season is a week longer. So they would be going for the undefeated regular season on March 3, while we are in our conference tournament.
                                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Working...
                                X