No announcement yet.

ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5+ empty rows for the student section tonight. No need for game day to show if they can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
      5+ empty rows for the student section tonight. No need for game day to show if they can't.
      Beyond sad.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Students aren't bringing it this year consistently, especially during week day games. You could feel the tension against MSU on Saturday. Not today.

Comment

Remember when everyone ran off the "old students" in the student section. Well every since then the student section hasnt been the same IMO
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by seskridge
            The old guys didn't make it a true student section. We want people who are actual undergrads aged 18 to 22 to get with it.
            The problem is they they aint getting with it.

Comment

How about the bottom 15 rows be made students only? As in, actually enrolled in more than 3 credit hours students.

Beyond that, I don't really care. Until the day comes where there are students legitimately wanting to go but who can't because there aren't any tickets available, I just want butts in the seats. If rows 16-34 need to be GA, and full of those scary "old" people, I'm willing to accept that.

Comment

Student section empties have nothing to do with an age exclusion, and everything to do with students "selling out" their section (eliminating excess GA sales to the public) and then not actually showing up. There's nothing preventing an older non-trad student, or a non-student with a GA ticket, from showing up and sitting in the student section wherever they want.

Comment

Totall like night and when you compare Satirday to last night. Saturday there were signs, paper torn up and thrown up first basket, etc. students were ready and going. Last night, sitting on hands for an important game. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    Totall like night and when you compare Satirday to last night. Saturday there were signs, paper torn up and thrown up first basket, etc. students were ready and going. Last night, sitting on hands for an important game. Smh
                    I don't know where you were looking, but I definitely at least saw torn up paper thrown all over the place for the first basket.

Comment

Last night's crowd was weird. Lots of very late arrivers, very early leavers, and an energy level that lacked - especially leading up to, and at the start, of the game. There were points in the game where I literally could have yelled at a person directly across from me in the arena, and had them hear my message. Still an atmosphere that 99% of D1 would be envious of, just not our norm.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        Last night's crowd was weird. Lots of very late arrivers, very early leavers, and an energy level that lacked - especially leading up to, and at the start, of the game. There were points in the game where I literally could have yelled at a person directly across from me in the arena, and had them hear my message. Still an atmosphere that 99% of D1 would be envious of, just not our norm.
                        RE: Early leavers.

I was surprised to see the couple in front of me leave at halftime and never return.

I don't leave until the final buzzer, and I walked to my car at the RSC, and got out, going east on 17th, with basically no resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          Originally posted by ShockerEngineer View Post
                          RE: Early leavers.

I was surprised to see the couple in front of me leave at halftime and never return.

I don't leave until the final buzzer, and I walked to my car at the RSC, and got out, going east on 17th, with basically no resistance.
                          I actually thought the energy was pretty good during the first half, however not so much the second half. I won’t blame the crowd; there wasn’t any flow and the technical foul on DC, followed by ‘back-to-back’ bogus flagrant fouls, completely sucked the remaining life out of the building. Go ahead and throw stones; I headed for the exit with about a minute remaining. Rian committed a silly foul and that was enough for me and my entourage.

What really ticked me off was trying to exit onto 21st street following the game; where the heck were the police officers/security? It was a complete cluster f_ _ _ in the parking lot and a pedestrian nearly had a date with the Grim Reaper when he sprinted across 21st St. Jeesh, that was a close call.

P.S. I give a healthy chunk of change to the university annually and very seldom leave a game early; last night was the exception.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                            Exactly. Yet I have spent over $100 this season on student guest tickets because I cannot make the Monday morning ticket pickups, only to see empty rows at the top from people who pick them up, but don't use them. This system has got to be corrected in the offseason.

Comment

I left the game with about 30 seconds left. I couldn't take it any more. A clear path to the exit opened up and my group bolted. I normally make fun of people that leave early, but that game last night was brutal. The officials deserved every single boo that they got. Especially the boos towards the end when they whistled every single touch foul.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                                How about the bottom 15 rows be made students only? As in, actually enrolled in more than 3 credit hours students.

Beyond that, I don't really care. Until the day comes where there are students legitimately wanting to go but who can't because there aren't any tickets available, I just want butts in the seats. If rows 16-34 need to be GA, and full of those scary "old" people, I'm willing to accept that.
                                Hell I'd be ok with the first 20 rows being students/general admission and then sell rows 21 up as regular season tickets to people who will actually be there for every game. Someone will buy them up even knowing it's behind the student section.
                                ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                                www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Working...
                                X