ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
    Why would anyone trust this KWCH guy at this point? Anyways, common sense of the College Gameday program itself says it wont be here.

The show starts every Saturday at 11:00AM. They spend an hour going through the matchups, talking awards candidates, etc. This all goes on at the famous desk they put on the floor, with students screaming behind them. If our game starts at 1:00, there's no way they'd be here. If nothing else, simply the fact that our players warmup on the court two hours prior to a game. It wouldn't make sense.

But hey, as this will be my last game in the student section (thank God), I'd happily eat my words if they came here.
    Nope Game Day airs from 10:00 am - 11:00 am and is done for the start of the 11:00 am game. Even if they didn't prerecord it how long could it take to roll the desk off the floor?

Comment

• Fair enough, should have fact checked. I guess I don't wake up early enough on Saturdays. Still, I think holding out hope for this is setting everyone up for failure. They'll go to Lawrence. No doubt in my mind.
      "Say it slowly and savor it..."
      Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
        Fair enough, should have fact checked. I guess I don't wake up early enough on Saturdays. Still, I think holding out hope for this is setting everyone up for failure. They'll go to Lawrence. No doubt in my mind.
        Look, I'm not saying its coming. But all of you with battered fan syndrome convinced its going to Lawrence aren't anymore sure than I am, especially with the way the schedule is set up, and their comments. If you are going to go through life not taking chances because you are convinced its gonna work out against you, you aren't going to have much enjoyment.

Comment

• With the quality loss KU gained last night, it should jettison them to #5 in the polls next week. Combine that with a game against a middling, fledging .500 conference opponent, and well, you can't get much better than that.

Lawrence deserves it. Throw them some marbles.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• So we find out Saturday.

Comment

• I was surprised that Marshall discussed this in the post-game interview. It seemed like he was using it as a motivator for the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

Bahahaha, read the replies on Twitter:

Will Kunkle: 're: Gameday coming to Wichita State Their producer tells me the 1p start time "Doesn't affect it either way."'

"Did their producer also tell you the other options were MUCH more impressive, due to comp?"

Funny stuff!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                  I was surprised that Marshall discussed this in the post-game interview. It seemed like he was using it as a motivator for the team.
                  What did he say? I saw Kellen(sp?) was tweeting about it earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxtastic View Post
                    What did he say? I saw Kellen(sp?) was tweeting about it earlier.
                    Basically that the next two games sets us up for great matchup should gameday come to Wichita and that we would find out this Saturday if they are.
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Bahahaha, read the replies on Twitter:

Will Kunkle: 're: Gameday coming to Wichita State Their producer tells me the 1p start time "Doesn't affect it either way."'

"Did their producer also tell you the other options were MUCH more impressive, due to comp?"

Funny stuff!
                      Quit feeding an esteemed posters ego
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• I noticed ESPN commentator Mark Adams said "I'll be there!" when replying to a tweet about the WSU-UNI game. I would assume if Mark Adams is calling the game, this means no GameDay. Maybe I'm wrong...

Comment

• Forget Gameday.... stay under the radar, go in as a 4-5 seed and make a run. ESPN can eat it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                            I noticed ESPN commentator Mark Adams said "I'll be there!" when replying to a tweet about the WSU-UNI game. I would assume if Mark Adams is calling the game, this means no GameDay. Maybe I'm wrong...
                            Maybe he's just buying a ticket. Between Tuttle and FVV, I'm not sure he could attend as anything other than a fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                              I noticed ESPN commentator Mark Adams said "I'll be there!" when replying to a tweet about the WSU-UNI game. I would assume if Mark Adams is calling the game, this means no GameDay. Maybe I'm wrong...
                              The Play Angry podcast had some ESPN guy on there a week or two ago. It sounds like announcers in general are not set in stone.

Comment

• I kinda buy the conspiracy theory that Gameday will be a split set that weekend between Wichita and Lawrence. Setting myself up for disappointment, I know, but it does make sense with the allocated time slots.

We'll see in about three more days. I got an email from SMU from 11 AM on February 7 announcing they were coming to Moody a week later. I imagine they leak it around the same time each week.

Comment

Working...
                                X