No announcement yet.

ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will be nice if they come and great for the Valley, but to be honest I couldn't tell you where Gameday was from today or last week as I don't really pay attention to it. I think the big game that weekend will be at WSU, but if Gameday isn't there, that's their loss.

Comment

• A class of students started this last year, and are at it again:
      Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
        Can't believe they would pick UCLA over Utah. Makes you wonder what bonehead choice they would make over WSU/UNI.
        They had to go somewhere next week, why not Arizona. Next weekend (Sat. the 21st) just happens to be a really weak slate of games. WVU at OK St is the only top 25 match up and they are both barely top 25. Gameday also went to Stillwater just last year for the KU game so it was highly unlikely they'd go back so soon.

In the past when the sites were picked months in advance Wichita would have had no chance. But it's amazing how things are breaking in our favor. We happen to have what is potentially our biggest home game in decades on a weekend when the top competition for the site includes a team that was on Gameday just the week before. Also, earlier in the year it looked like Texas at KU could be a match up of top 10 teams, but Rick Barnes is going to Rick Barnes and now Texas is 7th in their conference standings.

The odds of this actually happening are much higher than I ever would have imagined were possible back when the list of 4 "finalists" was announced.

Comment

• UNI@wsu: at 1. Texas@KU at 4. Syracuse@Duke at 6. Arizona@Utah at 8. All announced this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
            UNI@wsu: at 1. Texas@KU at 4. Syracuse@Duke at 6. Arizona@Utah at 8. All announced this morning.
            Isn't the Gameday game usually the late tipoff? If so, I would assume that means Arizona/Utah will be the site chosen.

Comment

• So Zona gets back-to-back Gamedays.

Typical.

Next.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
                Is there a correlation between time and college game day?
                Hosts this year with game time:

1/17/15 - Iowa State (vs. KU), 8 PM CST
                1/24/15 - Michigan (vs. Wisconsin), 6 PM CST
                1/31/15 - Virginia (vs. Duke), 6 PM CST
                2/7/15 - Florida (vs. Kentucky), 8 PM CST
                2/14/15 - SMU (vs. UConn), 8 PM CST

Comment

• Originally posted by Royals85 View Post
                  They had to go somewhere next week, why not Arizona. Next weekend (Sat. the 21st) just happens to be a really weak slate of games. WVU at OK St is the only top 25 match up and they are both barely top 25. Gameday also went to Stillwater just last year for the KU game so it was highly unlikely they'd go back so soon.

In the past when the sites were picked months in advance Wichita would have had no chance. But it's amazing how things are breaking in our favor. We happen to have what is potentially our biggest home game in decades on a weekend when the top competition for the site includes a team that was on Gameday just the week before. Also, earlier in the year it looked like Texas at KU could be a match up of top 10 teams, but Rick Barnes is going to Rick Barnes and now Texas is 7th in their conference standings.

The odds of this actually happening are much higher than I ever would have imagined were possible back when the list of 4 "finalists" was announced.

No doubt if they call, Sexton and Marshall will answer with arms wide open..,
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Last early game to host: January 18, 2014 (Temple hosting against LaSalle), 11 AM CST tipoff. That was a co-hosted Gameday where they split the duties with UConn (night game). Before that, Georgetown hosted Gameday for an 11 AM CST tip against Syracuse on March 9, 2013.

Very unlikely at this point but not impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                      Last early game to host: January 18, 2014 (Temple hosting against LaSalle), 11 AM CST tipoff. That was a co-hosted Gameday where they split the duties with UConn (night game). Before that, Georgetown hosted Gameday for an 11 AM CST tip against Syracuse on March 9, 2013.

Very unlikely at this point but not impossible.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Even if we don't get GameDay (I think it's a long shot) its pretty sweet to be on ESPN and not the deuce or U!
                        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• @KWCHWill: WSU will host #UNI at 1p on 2/28.
                          Shox can still host Gameday despite the early tip.
                          #WATCHUS #BringGamedaytoWichita http://twitter.com/KWCHWill/status/5...596545/photo/1

@KWCHJenn: So now the #shockers are #13 in the nation and UNI is #11. Setting up nicely for Feb 28th matchup on ESPN at Koch Arena...

xoxoxo!!!!

Comment

• Sucking up I see
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Last post from this guy.. I promise...

@KWCHWill: re: Gameday coming to Wichita State
                              The producer tells me "It's definitely on our list of possibilities. Would be a great scene!"
                              #watchus

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                                Last post from this guy.. I promise...

@KWCHWill: re: Gameday coming to Wichita State
                                The producer tells me "It's definitely on our list of possibilities. Would be a great scene!"
                                #watchus
                                Well there's an earth-shattering revelation.

Why in the world would you follow that guy?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X