ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Well there's an earth-shattering revelation.

Why in the world would you follow that guy?
    It's temporary.. morbid curiosity... moving on...
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• There's still hope...

Comment

• I don't see this going down nearly the way any of you do. To me, the possibility of Gameday is VERY real based off what I am reading.

This is the way it shapes up on Feb. 28 on ESPN:
        10 a.m. - College Gameday
        11 a.m. - Louisville @ Florida State
        1 p.m. - UNI @ Wichita State
        3 p.m. - College Gameday
        4 p.m. - Texas @ Kansas
        6 p.m. - Syracuse @ Duke
        8 p.m. - Arizona @ Utah

When the times were announced, I thought it was weird there was no hour break to have the Gameday lead in show at its normal time before the primetime game. If you look at the schedule, there is no place for it Feb. 28. Looking at the ESPN TV schedule (on their app), the 'evening version' of Gameday if you will, is scheduled to happen right after our game with UNI. To me, that means one of two things. Either Gameday is coming here, or its going to Lawrence. Or....

I guess it wouldn't be surprising if they were planning to split the sites with that set up (bolt Rece and gang from Wichita and have 'em in Lawrence by 3), and started here and did the later show in Lawrence. But those of you saying its not going to happen because we aren't the primetime game, there is no space for a primetime Gameday so I wouldn't eliminate us just yet. Let the 'conspiracy' theories begin, but this isn't setting up to be a 'normal' Saturday for ESPN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxtastic View Post
          I don't see this going down nearly the way any of you do. To me, the possibility of Gameday is VERY real based off what I am reading.

3 p.m. - College Gameday
          4 p.m. - Texas @ Kansas
          6 p.m. - Syracuse @ Duke
          8 p.m. - Arizona @ Utah

When the times were announced, I thought it was weird there was no hour break to have the Gameday lead in show at its normal time before the primetime game. If you look at the schedule, there is no place for it Feb. 28. Looking at the ESPN TV schedule (on their app), the 'evening version' of Gameday if you will, is scheduled to happen right after our game with UNI. To me, that means one of two things. Either Gameday is coming here, or its going to Lawrence. Or....

I guess it wouldn't be surprising if they were planning to split the sites with that set up (bolt Rece and gang from Wichita and have 'em in Lawrence by 3), and started here and did the later show in Lawrence. But those of you saying its not going to happen because we aren't the primetime game, there is no space for a primetime Gameday so I wouldn't eliminate us just yet. Let the 'conspiracy' theories begin, but this isn't setting up to be a 'normal' Saturday for ESPN.
          Maybe they want to have us celebrating and cutting down nets in the background.
          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Good find shoxtastic. Unfortunately, that looks like the perfect setup for a trip to the capital of Kansas - Lawrence. You just can't let up on a trip there 2 years in a row. It would be a travesty.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Well there's an earth-shattering revelation.

Why in the world would you follow that guy?
              That guy is going to be kissing Shocker ass for at least the next several months. He won't mention WSU and KU in the same sentence, nor will he put anything WSU does bad light...he'll be extra careful nothing he says can be skewed in any way bad towards WSU. All the while it will be eating his insides knowing KU is the far superior program and WSU would be lucky to win 1 out of 100 meetings between the 2.

I've always turned to KWCH for news and sports, unfortunately I'm going to have to watch KAKE or God help me, KSN till this Will clown is gone.

Comment

• Actually KAKE sports not too bad. Haven't watched KSN in months.

Comment

Good find shoxtastic. Unfortunately, that looks like the perfect setup for a trip to the capital of Kansas - Lawrence. You just can't let up on a trip there 2 years in a row. It would be a travesty.
                  If we believe we belong and this is our time, it's going to happen. Play angry.

Let's get angry, and keep this thing outta Lawrence, or whatever other destination they are considering. Cutting down nets would make for a great backdrop wouldn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                    That guy is going to be kissing Shocker ass for at least the next several months. He won't mention WSU and KU in the same sentence, nor will he put anything WSU does bad light...he'll be extra careful nothing he says can be skewed in any way bad towards WSU. All the while it will be eating his insides knowing KU is the far superior program and WSU would be lucky to win 1 out of 100 meetings between the 2.

I've always turned to KWCH for news and sports, unfortunately I'm going to have to watch KAKE or God help me, KSN till this Will clown is gone.
                    You got that right. You can tell something has been instilled into him as all of his tweets today were pro-WSU.

He's been told what to do now. This isn't the true Will Kunkel anymore. At least on Twitter. It's likely a facade. He has already shown his true colors and no Shocker fan is gonna forget what happened and how he portrayed himself.

He basically made his grave with WSU fans, no matter what he does now.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• As ''Mister Wonderful'' on Shark Tank would say Mr. Kuhnkel your dead to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxtastic View Post
                        I don't see this going down nearly the way any of you do. To me, the possibility of Gameday is VERY real based off what I am reading.

3 p.m. - College Gameday
                        4 p.m. - Texas @ Kansas
                        6 p.m. - Syracuse @ Duke
                        8 p.m. - Arizona @ Utah

As I recall, they have done splits before (not very often, but I have seen it). With Lawrence only being a little over 2 hours away from Wichita, a 10 am and 3pm split could definitely work. Of course a 10 am and 3pm in Wichita would be totally awesome too.

Comment

• Why would anyone trust this KWCH guy at this point? Anyways, common sense of the College Gameday program itself says it wont be here.

The show starts every Saturday at 11:00AM. They spend an hour going through the matchups, talking awards candidates, etc. This all goes on at the famous desk they put on the floor, with students screaming behind them. If our game starts at 1:00, there's no way they'd be here. If nothing else, simply the fact that our players warmup on the court two hours prior to a game. It wouldn't make sense.

But hey, as this will be my last game in the student section (thank God), I'd happily eat my words if they came here.
                          "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                          Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Yea, if the game starts at 1 it's not happening.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                              Why would anyone trust this KWCH guy at this point? Anyways, common sense of the College Gameday program itself says it wont be here.

The show starts every Saturday at 11:00AM. They spend an hour going through the matchups, talking awards candidates, etc. This all goes on at the famous desk they put on the floor, with students screaming behind them. If our game starts at 1:00, there's no way they'd be here. If nothing else, simply the fact that our players warmup on the court two hours prior to a game. It wouldn't make sense.

But hey, as this will be my last game in the student section (thank God), I'd happily eat my words if they came here.
                              They film the show at 9 AM (central) and I believe it airs live on ESPNU and then the taped version runs on ESPN at 10 AM.

Comment

• The show is on from 10am-11am on Saturday morning. That allows 2 hours after the show is over before tip begins. That is plenty of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X