ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

There needs to be a movement underway to get Gameday to Koch for the UNI game on the 28th. The top games that day are 7-Arizona/11-Utah, 13-WSU/15-UNI and maybe 1-Kentucky/24-Arkansas. The only other matchup that day between currently ranked trans is 21-WVU/16-Baylor. If the Shox and UNI keep a winning they may both be top 10 teams at that point. Can you imagine Gameday at Koch in that case. It would be EPIC! With Koch's reputation as one of the best basketball environments in the country, you would have to think ESPN wouldn't need that much prodding too bring the crew over for that one. Especially considering the lack of any other real marquee matchupa that day. REACTION

I did see a student holding a sign that read #bringgamedaytowichita. Our student section is pretty embarrassing at this point to be rewarded such a prize. Still no leader. Still beyond stale 2/3 through yet another Top 20 season.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Gameday announced before the season 4 potential sites for each weekend. The February 28 weekend games are: UNI/WSU, Texas/Kansas, Arizona/Utah, Syracuse/Duke. I would say Texas/KU and Duke/Syracuse are both out of the mix at this point. So it will come down to Arizona/Utah and UNI/WSU. If both the Shox and UNI win out, I think it would be tough for ESPN to not come here. However, if there is a slip up or 2, I see them going to Arizona/Utah.

Comment

Uphill battle if Arizona @ Utah is for the PAC-12 title, which looks like the case right now. Unlucky that we have such a big competitor that weekend compared to the utterly pathetic gameday matchup this Saturday (UConn @ #25 SMU).

Comment

Gonna be tough to beat out Arizona vs Utah IMHO
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

We have to root hard for Washington and/or Washington State to upset Arizona this week. Any loss for Utah will hurt us more than it might help our gameday chances.

We all know ESPN isn't a big MVC pumper, but they aren't big supporters of the Pac-12 either...

Comment

There are two things working in our favor:
              1. Our reputation the past couple of seasons compared to Utah being a relatively new program in the spotlight.
              2. Koch on many lists of best CBB venues, whereas Utah's is not
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I hope to eat a plate full of these ‘sonsabitches’ on February 28th.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Given the performance of the team when Dickie V was here, along with our slow start Bracketbuster games (both one possession losses) against George Mason and VCU, I will opt for a win in Wichita over Game Day at the Chuck.

The game will already most likely be on ESPN/2 and Showtime will already be here as well.

How many more distractions do we need?
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                    Given the performance of the team when Dickie V was here, along with our slow start Bracketbuster games (both one possession losses) against George Mason and VCU, I will opt for a win in Wichita over Game Day at the Chuck.

The game will already most likely be on ESPN/2 and Showtime will already be here as well.

How many more distractions do we need?
                    You can't have too many distractions...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                      There are two things working in our favor:
                      1. Our reputation the past couple of seasons compared to Utah being a relatively new program in the spotlight.
                      2. Koch on many lists of best CBB venues, whereas Utah's is not
                      Utah is a newer, hotter topic than the Shox or UNI right now. Shox are old news. Arizona is Arizona, and a bigger potential upset. Bigger conference, larger populations and fan bases, higher seeds in the tourney (at this point).

Those are but a few working in their favor.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        You can't have too many distractions...

Which reminds me. When did Jenn Sturger come to town, and did we win that game? :-)

Comment

I keep hearing that UNI played out of their minds at home against the Shox because it was their “Super Bowl”…

and yet…

I also now hear people saying that WSU would be distracted and wouldn’t play as well if Game Day were to come to town and hype this game up to “Super Bowl” levels.

Shouldn’t the “Super Bowl Effect” work the same each time? Call it an advantage. Call it a disadvantage. Just be consistent please.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                            I keep hearing that UNI played out of their minds at home against the Shox because it was their “Super Bowl”…

and yet…

I also now hear people saying that WSU would be distracted and wouldn’t play as well if Game Day were to come to town and hype this game up to “Super Bowl” levels.

Shouldn’t the “Super Bowl Effect” work the same each time? Call it an advantage. Call it a disadvantage. Just be consistent please.
                            I have never used the Suoer Bowl reference ever, so I don't think anyone is being inconsistent in that regard. Shocker teams under HCMT and HCGM have had some history of underperforming in CKA in both big games and trap games this time of year, even without distractions.

In fact, sometimes, it seems like we have actually played better and more focused on the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

and yet…

Who are you addressing with this blanket statement?
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X