No announcement yet.

ESPN Gameday on Feb. 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw that UCLA at Arizona was selected for gameday next week.

How much does this affect our chances? I know I'm biased, but I think this gives us much better odds.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College...y_(basketball)

How much does this affect our chances? I know I'm biased, but I think this gives us much better odds.
      I'd be inclined to agree on the thought that they probably wouldn't involve the same team twice in the same month at the host site.

Comment

I would definitely think that would eliminate the UA/UTAH game.

Comment

That's fantastic news. Doesn't preclude them from still choosing Arizona @ Utah, but our chances just got a big boost.

Comment

GameDay hasn't featured the same team twice in a season since North Carolina back in 2007, and never in subsequent weeks.

Edit: They featured UNC twice back in 2013. 7 weeks apart, though. And Duke twice last year, 6 weeks apart.

Comment

Innnnnnnteresting.

I guess I'm now in the group that believes the chances of Gameday in Wichita are higher than 0%.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College...y_(basketball)

One would think that it would help us because you would think that they would feature the same team on back to back weeks. However, if they're willing to select a game involving a bad UCLA team, that kind of opens the door back up for them to pick Texas at KU or the Syracuse Duke game. Although, they've already featured both KU and Duke on gameday this year, so maybe I'm worrying about nothing.

Comment

It's very unlikely the Eastern Sports Network (ESPN) will feature a western team twice in a month. They would do that for Duke, but not Arizona.

Comment

I would imagine a win tomorrow night would inch this closer to the deep freeze.

Comment

So does that mean Texas-KU has the edge?

Everybody knows that you can't bypass on Lawrence for a year.

Need to thrash the Redturds or this all becomes a moot point.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I wonder if our positive television ratings on ESPN2 and ESPNU might factor into their decision? We've built national appeal the past 3-4 years and showing 2 of the best non-P5 teams battling for a conference championship might be a ratings bananza for ESPN. Not to mention watching 3-4 of the top players in the country and televising a game from one of the best venues in the country. Heck, why wouldn't they seriously consider coming to WSU? At this point it might come down to how we both finish the next 2 weeks. I've went from thinking we had a 'one in a million' chance to 50/50.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'd say the likelihood we get Gameday has gone up drastically with that news. There has never been a team that played on Gameday in back-to-back weekends. So unless they choose the inferior ranked match up of KU vs Texas or Duke vs Syracuse both having a top 10 vs an unranked team, we are the only option for two ranked teams, not to mention it's likely for the regular season title.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

One team would have to lose 2 more games than the other team, in the next 4, for that game to not be for the title.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              I wonder if our positive television ratings on ESPN2 and ESPNU might factor into their decision? We've built national appeal the past 3-4 years and showing 2 of the best non-P5 teams battling for a conference championship might be a ratings bananza for ESPN. Not to mention watching 3-4 of the top players in the country and televising a game from one of the best venues in the country. Heck, why wouldn't they seriously consider coming to WSU? At this point it might come down to how we both finish the next 2 weeks. I've went from thinking we had a 'one in a million' chance to 50/50.
                              Honestly, it will probably come down to how UNI and WSU play these next two games. They usually announce the GameDay site about a week in advance.

Comment

If GameDay comes to town, anyone think we could work in a segment of Fever and me raslin'?

Seriously though, I'm excited by the sudden increase in probability that this actually happens. (GameDay, not the raslin')

Comment

Working...
                                X