Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    If he's feeling it... I'm actually ok with that, it's a shot in his arsenal
    I consider a shot in your arsenal is one you make consistently whether you are feeling it or not. When you're feeling it the shots in your arsenal are rarely missed.

Conner, and all his teammates for that matter need to say the Shooter's Prayer:

Lord, grant me the humility to accept the shots I cannot make,
    The courage to take the shots I can make, and
    The wisdom to know the difference.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 21, 2015, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      If he's feeling it... I'm actually ok with that, it's a shot in his arsenal
      I'm with you. That shot was damn close to going in. I just think he's that good of a shooter.

Comment

• Gregg said on his show that every player on the team needs to know how they can make the team better and utilize those skills. He said that Conner is a shooter and if he is open, he needs to shoot it. He intimated that Conner could/should have taken a couple of more shots in the Seton Hall game.

Comment

• Fred missed CF twice late in the game when nobody on SH had a clue where CF was. Subsequently, Fred didn't finish his drives on either play. If the pass had been made we would probably be having different conversations over the last 24 hours.

Fred needs to get assist greedy when CF is on the court with him.

Comment

• They still don't trust Conner completely. Zach hesitated before passing to a wide open CF which screwed up his rhythm. Fred and Ron saw him open a few times late after he made his two 3s. Conner was almost begging for the ball and they looked at him and ignored him.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              They still don't trust Conner completely. Zach hesitated before passing to a wide open CF which screwed up his rhythm. Fred and Ron saw him open a few times late after he made his two 3s. Conner was almost begging for the ball and they looked at him and ignored him.
              Well at his current pace he has gone from 2 pts to 5 points to 13 points. That's a trend of 2.5(previous pts). So after he continues that trend and scores 33 against Nevada then 83 against NMSU and 208 vs Drake .. I think they will trust him :) haha!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                Gregg said on his show that every player on the team needs to know how they can make the team better and utilize those skills. He said that Conner is a shooter and if he is open, he needs to shoot it. He intimated that Conner could/should have taken a couple of more shots in the Seton Hall game.
                Every so often, 3G brings up the wide open 3 that Baker passed up when hot versus Louisville and passed it instead to EO who was fouled and missed both throws. Teamwork 101 would declare to pass that ball, but as the old adage says--"When you're hot, you're hot, so shoot the rock young man!!!" Of course if you miss it, then what? Then you have my lifetime ppg. average on the back of Rashard Kelley's jersey to remind you to shoot it anyway if I am open.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• As basketball legend Wayne Gretzky once said, you miss every shot you don't take.

So it's time for the guys who normally take care of the ball pretty well, like LeFred and Ron, to remember that giving it to Frankamp when he's open IS taking care of it, and doing so far better than trying to make some miracle move to the basket where they're likely to get knocked around with no foul called. The sage proshox nailed it: LeFred needs to be assist greedy when he's on the floor with Frankamp, because every open shot Frankamp doesn't get is a potential basket (usually, a three) not scored. As for Conner, if he's open and ready, he needs to remember to fire instead of passing just to be passing.

I wasn't there in film study, obviously, but I have a strong hunch that some of these concepts have been covered since Saturday. That game was a wake-up call / lesson to be learned. It's too bad the lesson had to be delivered in a loss; when the Shocks went unbeaten they did their learning in games they won anyway, which makes for a much more impressive record. But maybe the loss (and resulting failure to add a good road win to the resume) will deliver the lesson a little more vividly and emphatically.

Comment

• I hope one day Conner can be like buddy Hield He's a baddd man.

Comment

• Have they finally uncaged the White Mamba?! ;)
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                        Have they finally uncaged the White Mamba?! ;)
                        There are comments on the Saluki board about the "30 year old bald white guy better than anyone on their team".
                        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Conner is now shooting .412 from three and .432 overall. If you remove his first two games he's shooting .481 from 3 and .515 overall. Even if you include all games played, he's second on the team in 3 point %.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                            There are comments on the Saluki board about the "30 year old bald white guy better than anyone on their team".
                            They were referencing me. But I'm 65 not 30 and I am better than anyone on their team

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                              They're really going to hate the 32 year old senior version.

Comment

• This is the Conner that we hoped for, expected and now has arrived. Terrific shot selection within the flow of the offense. I hope we begin to slowly work him into the plan at the end of shot clock situations as we go along as he can get a makable shot off anytime he wants.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X