Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
    This is the Conner that we hoped for, expected and now has arrived. Terrific shot selection within the flow of the offense. I hope we begin to slowly work him into the plan at the end of shot clock situations as we go along as he can get a makable shot off anytime he wants.
    Hopefully we are seeing a glimpse of the real Conner. I think we just might be. I'd love to see him develop into an above average point guard and lead this team next year. Would also love to see mc duffie gain 20-25 pounds over the summer. With him playing the stretch 4, shamet and Brown on the wings. Hard to beat. Just a dream but achievable I think. Mcduffie weight gain may be a little over optimistic. Maybe not. Is this all too much to hope for?

Comment

• Conner's best shot was his 2 point basket. He had the defender completely turned around.

As for McDuffie, it's crazy to think how good he could be. He's defending All-MVC caliber shooting guards as a 6'8" frshman. He and Brown are going to be a great duo for the next 2 years.
      Last edited by Dan; January 10, 2016, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• I love watching McDuff guard his opponent. He stays right in front of him, backs up quickly, spreads his huge, long arms out, and look like a praying mantis ready to spring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
          I'd love to see him develop into an above average point guard and lead this team next year. Would also love to see mc duffie gain 20-25 pounds over the summer. With him playing the stretch 4, shamet and Brown on the wings. Hard to beat. Just a dream but achievable I think. Mcduffie weight gain may be a little over optimistic. Maybe not. Is this all too much to hope for?
          That's a lineup I'd like to see and one that I think is likely. Maybe not starting (though it could be), but one we could see a lot.
          The Assman

Comment

• Conner was great yesterday. I will withhold further comments until I see some consistency in his game (which I have absolute faith will come). As for McDuffie -- the kid turns sideways and disappears. He definitely needs to gain some weight and muscle, but boy watch out when he does.

Had misgivings once Ron and Fred leaves, but if our current crew keeps improving at the current rate and with the talent we have coming in, I am already getting excited about next year.

But to keep focus -- our next game is Mo State which just may have some confidence built after their last two wins over Valley opponents. Now help me remember -- which fan base was so confident they thought their 2-0 record in the Valley with a win over last years 2nd place team and an overall record of 13-2 was a precursor of great things to come -- oh yeah, the team we just buried by 25. Well, I guess confidence gets you just so far but I certainly don't want our guys to rest on their laurels and underestimate the Bears.

Comment

• Conner has been consistent since the third game. His stats are highly correlated to how often his teammates find him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
                Hopefully we are seeing a glimpse of the real Conner. I think we just might be. I'd love to see him develop into an above average point guard and lead this team next year. Would also love to see mc duffie gain 20-25 pounds over the summer. With him playing the stretch 4, shamet and Brown on the wings. Hard to beat. Just a dream but achievable I think. Mcduffie weight gain may be a little over optimistic. Maybe not. Is this all too much to hope for?
                I like this lineup. I've also heard really good things about Peyton Allen (he can shoot it from Conner depth at 6'5, a definite wing), and the JC Point Guard(super quick) who should give us great depth and experience. This gives us great depth in the back court and that is why we need to find an additional position for McDuffie who should be able to play the stretch 4 with Kelly. This also would free up Morris and Willis, the 6'9 post who has great offensive, and defensive (shot blocker) potential.
                Last edited by shockmonster; January 10, 2016, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  I like this lineup. I've also heard really good things about Peyton Allen (he can shoot it from Conner depth at 6'5, a definite wing), and the JC Point Guard(super quick) who should give us great depth and experience. This gives us great depth in the back court and that is why we need to find an additional position for McDuffie who should be able to play the stretch 4 with Kelly. This also would free up Morris and Willis, the 6'9 post who has great offensive, and defensive (shot blocker) potential.
                  We are going to have more combinations than a safe shop

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    I'm excited about next year's roster. Need to find a way to play Conner, Landry, Zach and Markis all at the same time.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      I'm excited about next year's roster. Need to find a way to play Conner, Landry, Zach and Markis all at the same time.
                      Brown has played pf for us some this year, and I see no reason he couldn't do that next year. At the end of the siu game, we saw some weird combinations on the floor. Cf+four guys that could potentially play pf. He was out there with mm, zb, ew and rauno, if I remember right. I think HCGM will be willing to try a bunch of combinations next year, big and "small."

Comment

• I think ZB and MM a both have the skill set to play 2-4.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Saturday Zac played the 2 for a bit

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Saturday Zac played the 2 for a bit
                            Saw that. He's also played the 4 for a few minutes a couple games ago. I think they both can.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                              Saw that. He's also played the 4 for a few minutes a couple games ago. I think they both can.
                              I think CF and LS are natural 2s but capable 1s. One of them needs to play a lot of point next year. ZB and MM are natural 3s. Although they can both play the 2, one of them needs to play a lot of stretch 4 next year.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                I think CF and LS are natural 2s but capable 1s. One of them needs to play a lot of point next year. ZB and MM are natural 3s. Although they can both play the 2, one of them needs to play a lot of stretch 4 next year.
                                I actually think CF is a natural point. They are trying to teach him how to be aggressive at the two spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X