Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Still ... when we face off against the Jayhawks there is plenty of opportunity to accidentally drop a couple of own goals, ya know? We just don't know where his true allegiance is until we see that match.

#juryisstillout
    Early almost did it against Alabama.
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MTXE31 View Post
      Never went to a practice, but boy I can only imagine. That Wessel/Hamilton 50/50 ball at half court where they both banged and seemed a little shaken up is what I assume happens on several plays in practice
      Trust me, you don't want to go. Nobody does. The whole sausage thing. Just enjoy the finished product and respect what they've gone through to get there.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Trust me, you don't want to go. Nobody does. The whole sausage thing. Just enjoy the finished product and respect what they've gone through to get there.
        Agreed. And you most certainly walk away from these practices afraid for the health of every man on the practice court. Seriously. They are freaking brutal!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Phrasing. hahahaha
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Reminds me of some post-game presser when a reporter asked Cleanthony something about foul calls in practice. They all smiled, and Cle said there aren't any fouls called in practice.

Comment

• I just want to say, can all the CF haters just quit being Shocker fans? Going to be old hearing this for the next 3 years, I'm already sick of it. Did he make a mistake going to Lawrence; did I hope he failed in Lawrence? Yes to both, but at this point he is wearing Shocker black and yellow. Anyone who wouldn't love for him to be our 3rd first team AA on our team this year just needs to go cheer for the Jayhawks because you suck as a fan.

Comment

• It's probably good that Conner won't be playing the first few games. By the time he's eligible the season will be well on it's way and whatever Conner does will be more of an aside rather than the focus of attention.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Well, flash, an aside until he beats Utah with six threes in what was otherwise a tight game.

Comment

• That's good too.

Comment

• Of course that could be a curse as well if expectations are established on such an initial performance. I think I would prefer his heroics later in the season after roles are clearly defined.

Comment

• I like to remind myself that Frankamp is a sophomore. Sometimes we talk about him like there is some reason to hold him to a really high standard... As if he were a senior graduate transfer who used to be awesome and we have really high expectations. We should be hounding Grady if he doesn't make it happen, for example. Conner has barely ANY floor experience and he hasn't played in a year... And he's a sophomore. He's got a long way to go. What? Do we really expect him to come in here comparable to some of the great senior guards we are used to seeing? If he came in here and tore it up as a sophomore, he would be as special as FVV and that's hard to come by. It isn't like he's letting someone down by only being pretty good instead of NBA quality immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                          I just want to say, can all the CF haters just quit being Shocker fans? Going to be old hearing this for the next 3 years, I'm already sick of it. Did he make a mistake going to Lawrence; did I hope he failed in Lawrence? Yes to both, but at this point he is wearing Shocker black and yellow. Anyone who wouldn't love for him to be our 3rd first team AA on our team this year just needs to go cheer for the Jayhawks because you suck as a fan.
                          That's a little harsh. I was not disappointed with his performance at Shocker Madness because I wasn't expecting him to have a good game after a long layoff. Mentioning Frankamp and 1st team AA together is more than a little over the top.

There's a good possibility that on December 12, Shamet will be the first guard off the bench. If Frankamp can become an effective reserve by February, I think that's a reasonable expectation. When players have a big layoff and have to adapt to different systems, it takes some time in game situations for them to reach their potential.

I've never been fond of 6'1" D-1 SG's. Bigger guards just shoot over the top of them. Athletic, bigger guards block or alter their shots.

I liked what I saw of Frankamp's handles, quickness, and ball control. I may have missed it, but I don't recall seeing the knid of passing that a PG for a top-20 team needs. That doesn't say he doesn't have it. He just didn't show it in the limited time he had at PG. Wasn't J.R. Simon playing quite a bit of point and Frankamp playing quite a bit of SG at Shocker Madness?
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I expect Mr Frankamp to back up Fred this year starting December 12. I expect that Landry will get nearly all of the back up minutes at the 1/2 prior to that with Baker handling most of the second string PG duties. Mr Shamet might get 20 mpg the first third of the season. I'm a big fan of red shirting Ty Taylor this year. It would be good for him to bulk up and take a season learning the offense.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• I expect Baker to be the main backup for VanVleet starting in November and ending in April. Baker projects as an NBA PG. Marshall is going to give Baker every opportunity available to increase his draft status. Baker is also, easily, the second-best PG on the roster.

It's easy to use a single backup for both Baker and VanVleet. That would be the best available SG. With Brown backing up Wessel at SF, that leaves Shamet and Frankamp battling it out for backing up Baker and/or VanVleet. Which one gets the call could be situational. IMHO, Frankamp would be better against a zone and Shamet would be better against man.

Frankamp has his work cut out to get PT. Playing behind Shamet isn't a rag on Frankamp. Shamet is going to be an absolute stud.

Shamet, Hamilton, and Kelly will keep NBA scouts coming to CKA. Frankamp won't.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I like Conners ball handling, real smooth and has a good first step. Being 6'1 puts him in Freds higth range. Don't see a problem, and Conner is the better shooter, and Fred is solid. Conners defense and strength will keep improving along with his confidence. Glad he's a Shocker and I see him hitting big shots at key moments in games for many years to come. This is a perfect situation for him, no huge egos and I see this group as a group who will be in his corner and have his back. Not like up north...

Comment

Working...
                                X