No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much talking here. Of course we just don't know how good he will be this year. His numbers will be significant (15 minutes a game or so) for a role player in my opinion but we won't know for sure. Before we decide how good his career will be after Fred and Ron, let's see him play part of a season. It's crazy to predict NBA or not when all we've seen him play is one inter-squad scrimmage. Give him at least until the end of the year. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      Too much talking here. Of course we just don't know how good he will be this year. His numbers will be significant (15 minutes a game or so) for a role player in my opinion but we won't know for sure. Before we decide how good his career will be after Fred and Ron, let's see him play part of a season. It's crazy to predict NBA or not when all we've seen him play is one inter-squad scrimmage. Give him at least until the end of the year. :)
      Isn't predicting and pontificating half the reason for SN? We all know (well most of us do anyway) that our opinions and/or ideas will probably not match up with what 3G decides to do with anybody, but this offseason stuff would get pretty old pretty quick if we didn't talk about what COULD happen.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        Isn't predicting and pontificating half the reason for SN? We all know (well most of us do anyway) that our opinions and/or ideas will probably not match up with what 3G decides to do with anybody, but this offseason stuff would get pretty old pretty quick if we didn't talk about what COULD happen.
        Yes but probably most (if not all) of us are probably not capable of evaluating talent (LOL) when we see players play but many on here saw Conner play at KU once or twice and we are already planning his year and NBA future. In my opinion, we probably need to wait until we see him play in games a few times (maybe more than that to be totally fair) before we plan out his entire WSU and NBA career. I know that I couldn't tell a lot from the 3 point contest (a little but not a lot) and the scrimmage. My past opinions have been based on very little information.

On the other hand, we have a lot to go on for Ron Baker (his 3 years in uniform at WSU), and his time this summer at the Pan Am games. I am fairly confident that he will have a nice NBA career.

Comment

• As experienced 3G and his assistant coaches are, even they can not always predict how well any player will pan out as evidenced by the number of players the coaches find new homes for in most years. Although certainly some show tremendous potential, unfortunately, it does not always materialize. While at the same time, many others have worked their tails off and developed into blue collar players who have made tremendous contributions, not necessarily every game, but often when the chips really counted.

But as true Shocker fans, we damn well should hope that every recruit turns out like FVV and Baker. It matters not how successful Conner was at KU.

He Ain't at KU no more!

He is a SHOCKER, and we should hope like hell he turns out to be the best damn shooter we ever had, and that he does it frequently.

Whether Conner makes it big, or simply turns out to be a role type player who GM brings in to mainly shoot the 3 in tight game situations, he, in most likelyhood, will have the opportunity to be a most valuable asset to our team.

Comment

• I'm not so quick to make predictions on Conner. He demonstrated that, when The Rug gave him a chance, he could affect games at the NCAA tournament level. The scuttlebutt is that, even after he demonstrated that skill (and that, unlike the One-And-Dones, he actually gave a s***), Self refused to give him a chance to even practice with the starters.

This is the man who is the City League ALL TIME SCORING LEADER. The guy has swagger and now, presumably, a chip on his shoulder.

He will force perimeter defenders to stay honest, which will make it easier for the bigs to roam. Imagine a small(-ish) lineup with Ron at the 3 and Conner at the 2 and maybe even Evan at the 4. Fred has the ball with 6 seconds left on the shot clock and starts to drive. Who do you leave to help?

Plus, I'm only talking about (semi-)known quantities here. What if Shamet is as good as early returns are saying? What if one of the bigs develops a case of the Awesomes? Good grief, if Kyle freaking Korver can be a starter on an NBA team, then Conner Frankamp should at least have a shot.

My $0.02.

Comment

• Predictions are sorta like mind reading.

Both are seldom correct.

Just sayin'.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• One thing I'm sure about is that Conner will neither make nor break this team. If he is a positive factor we could be very, very, very good. If he's not, we'll just be very, very good.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Word on the street, they are looking to get him eligible for UNLV; one game earlier then Utah.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Make or break the team, no. But, I think he definitely could've been useful, and possibly helped with a couple wins.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Bump.

Last day of classes. #FreeFrankamp
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        Make or break the team, no. But, I think he definitely could've been useful, and possibly helped with a couple wins.
                        Not much doubt about that, Shockda. They'd almost surely have beaten USC with CF available, and although Xavier next up would most likely have been too tough, Monmouth in the 3rd place game would have been a realistic possible win. Plus, Grady presumably wouldn't have collided with one of the Musketeers and could still be playing, with Nurger still trying to redshirt.

For want of a nail...

Comment

• Sure wish Shockermaniac would change the title of the original post on this Fred. I'm too old to have my heart flutter every time I open this thread.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• It was great to finally see Connor on the court.

Though he didn't make a shot, his FTs at the end were HUGE
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                              It was great to finally see Connor on the court.

Though he didn't make a shot, his FTs at the end were HUGE
                              He didn't make shots, but he did give Fred or Ron short periods of rest where the offense still had flow it while they were out. He will be a key piece going forward. His shot will come, I can't imagine the pressure on him last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                He didn't make shots, but he did give Fred or Ron short periods of rest where the offense still had flow it while they were out. He will be a key piece going forward. His shot will come, I can't imagine the pressure on him last night.
                                He was nervous and it showed both in shooting and somewhat in being comfortable dribbling the ball. In my opinion a game or two at the 2 spot almost exclusively will be beneficial. When he gets more comfortable then he can play some point. Catch and shoot rhythm first then expand from there.

Comment

Working...
                                X