Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    I expect Baker to be the main backup for VanVleet starting in November and ending in April. Baker projects as an NBA PG. Marshall is going to give Baker every opportunity available to increase his draft status. Baker is also, easily, the second-best PG on the roster.

It's easy to use a single backup for both Baker and VanVleet. That would be the best available SG. With Brown backing up Wessel at SF, that leaves Shamet and Frankamp battling it out for backing up Baker and/or VanVleet. Which one gets the call could be situational. IMHO, Frankamp would be better against a zone and Shamet would be better against man.

Frankamp has his work cut out to get PT. Playing behind Shamet isn't a rag on Frankamp. Shamet is going to be an absolute stud.

Shamet, Hamilton, and Kelly will keep NBA scouts coming to CKA. Frankamp won't.
    Frankamp will have plenty of scouts coming. A lot of scouts early on in Baker's career raved about his shooting and only his shooting, they didn't think he could do anything else. Give Conner a couple more years because I bet by the time he graduates he'll be on a draft board somewhere. There can never be too many NBA prospects on one team, like Kentucky from last year. But unlike Kentucky these guys will stick around long enough to get some real chemistry going

Comment

• Let's all keep in mind the season is long with many situational decisions for our coaching staff to make. I look at it like this...we are so deep at all positions. We put more stock on 1-2-3 positions because the offense is geared for guard play. There will be games where positive matchups and positive early game individual success points to CF, LS or TT getting significant playing time. There will also be times where early game success does not meet the positive matchup. The key for the coaching staff is to recognize which player(s) are meeting the matchups. I fully expect CF to be a nice role player this season...AA is ridiculous. He has a great chance to start his junior and senior seasons...more than likely at PG. let's let CF breath a little and carve out his place in the Shocker family on his own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Nobody has come forth and stated emphatically that he does not have the Chickenhawk tattoo.

#antishockdefcon3
        If it's on his Johnson, I imagine it has been pretty shrunken up since he started practicing with the Shox and learning how to play D.

HCGM will take him to a whole new level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
          If it's on his Johnson, I imagine it has been pretty shrunken up since he started practicing with the Shox and learning how to play D.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

WTF?
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Last Season, there were certain times we faced packed-in-funky-zones and our field goal % was like Jack Frost on a frigid day but our stingy Defense would pull out the win. With the addition of players like Frankamp and Shamet receiving assists from FVV and Baker on the outside and our nice blend of bigs working the inside, the Shocks will keep this to a mild roar.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                That's a little harsh. I was not disappointed with his performance at Shocker Madness because I wasn't expecting him to have a good game after a long layoff. Mentioning Frankamp and 1st team AA together is more than a little over the top.
                I don't expect him to be a first team AA, at the very least this year. One wonders if that could even be possible? Has a player ever started at semester and even been an honorable mention AA? I meant that anyone who would rather see him fail then be the next JJ Redick doesn't really have our best interest at heart.

Comment

• We will have to wait and see more but I was impressed with Hamiltons rebound getting at the inter squad scrimmage. He has the skills to be a very good rebounder. He may be able to play the 5 effectively. For short spurts, he reminded me of Carl Hall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                    I don't expect him to be a first team AA, at the very least this year. One wonders if that could even be possible? Has a player ever started at semester and even been an honorable mention AA? I meant that anyone who would rather see him fail then be the next JJ Redick doesn't really have our best interest at heart.
                    I agree that first team all American the first year is a bit of a stretch but with the talent he has I doubt he will have a chance for future AA consideration if he declares for the NBA next spring.
                    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                      I agree that first team all American the first year is a bit of a stretch but with the talent he has I doubt he will have a chance for future AA consideration if he declares for the NBA next spring.
                      Great point as always!
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        We will have to wait and see more but I was impressed with Hamiltons rebound getting at the inter squad scrimmage. He has the skills to be a very good rebounder. He may be able to play the 5 effectively. For short spurts, he reminded me of Carl Hall.
                        Although it was only a short scrimmage there were at least two moments that exposed EH at the center
                        position. First, RN easily scored on him down low with a nice left handed move and second RN had a nice
                        follow tip in when EH failed to block him out. I think EH did have one nice fade away shot but I like to
                        see centers taking the ball to the basket rather than having to fade away from it. I don't think center is
                        going to be his position. He is a power forward that needs to learn how to use his strong athletic frame.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          Although it was only a short scrimmage there were at least two moments that exposed EH at the center
                          position. First, RN easily scored on him down low with a nice left handed move and second RN had a nice
                          follow tip in when EH failed to block him out. I think EH did have one nice fade away shot but I like to
                          see centers taking the ball to the basket rather than having to fade away from it. I don't think center is
                          going to be his position. He is a power forward that needs to learn how to use his strong athletic frame.
                          At 6-9, 230-240 with athleticism and shooting, Eric is an ideal PF; however, that build usually plays the 5, even on teams such as ours. I think Hamilton will learn both positions next year, but right now I think he learns how to play under control.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                            Last Season, there were certain times we faced packed-in-funky-zones and our field goal % was like Jack Frost on a frigid day but our stingy Defense would pull out the win. With the addition of players like Frankamp and Shamet receiving assists from FVV and Baker on the outside and our nice blend of bigs working the inside, the Shocks will keep this to a mild roar.
                            Brown will be a zone buster too.
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              At 6-9, 230-240 with athleticism and shooting, Eric is an ideal PF; however, that build usually plays the 5, even on teams such as ours. I think Hamilton will learn both positions next year, but right now I think he learns how to play under control.
                              Learns how to play under control and not hurt anyone, particularly his teammates.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• At this time, I don't know how effective Hamilton is going to be at any position because he has a lot to learn. However, just as Carl Hall learned to do, I think that Hamilton can play both positions. The most impressive attribute that he showed at the scrimmage was his 4 rebounds. If he wants to play, he better rebound.

Comment

Working...
                                X