No announcement yet.

Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As many doubters as there are (in the interest of full disclosure, I was one) I've been convinced. Just from everything the coaches and other players have said, along with people that have seen scrimmages, I can't wait to see him on the floor.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

2013 Final Ranking
      WSU was better than KU

2014 Final Ranking WSU was better than KU

WSU will be better than KU again this year (quoted from October 2014)

2015 Final Ranking

Yep

78-65 BIATCH

Once, twice, thrice, 4 times you're still p'wnd.

#WINNING

Sorry, this had to be bumped. And if it's being rebumped, well then that has to be done too for the benefit of @WSUkoolaid:.

Comment

• Originally posted by William View Post
        I really think he ends up on a big conference contender who has a distinct need for him.
        Typically, you were about half right.

Comment

• “I’m trying to make that one of the better parts of my game,” he said, disagreeing somewhat in regard to any tendency to hide on that end of the floor in high school.
          “I still tried to be aggressive on defense because I knew we still had to get stops to win anyway,” Frankamp clarified. “It wasn’t like I didn’t focus on defense in high school, but I had to focus a lot on scoring, too.”

This is the part that I liked the best. It sounds to me like he is a little miffed by the no-defense chatter. I look for him to be surprisingly good once he gets to hit the floor as a Shocker. By now, I'm sure he has been made aware that good D = playing time.
          One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• I feel strongly that Conner wants to be really good and a complete player. Therefore, I'm confident that he will be a really good Shocker basketball player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
              “I’m trying to make that one of the better parts of my game,” he said, disagreeing somewhat in regard to any tendency to hide on that end of the floor in high school.
              “I still tried to be aggressive on defense because I knew we still had to get stops to win anyway,” Frankamp clarified. “It wasn’t like I didn’t focus on defense in high school, but I had to focus a lot on scoring, too.”

This is the part that I liked the best. It sounds to me like he is a little miffed by the no-defense chatter. I look for him to be surprisingly good once he gets to hit the floor as a Shocker. By now, I'm sure he has been made aware that good D = playing time.
              Totally agree. Again, one of those things that I believe 3G does to motivate his players. I think Marshall is a master at knowing what makes a young man tick and how to push them without pushing them out.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Typically, you were about half right.
                Haha, I forgot about that dweeb. He seems to only show up in tumultuous times. He's been absent for a while. Too much good to be talking about with WSU and that's not his style.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I also predict JJ Clamdip's future appearances in this thread will be limited.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    I also predict JJ Clamdip's future appearances in this thread will be limited.
                    Wait until he misses his first shot in the 3-point compitition.

"What, he didn't make all of them?! Failure!! No wonder KU dumped him like yesterday's garbage!!"
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                      Wait until he misses his first shot in the 3-point compitition.

"What, he didn't make all of them?! Failure!! No wonder KU dumped him like yesterday's garbage!!"
                      We can complain about the lack of defense in the contest.

Comment

• Has any Shocker ever had more pressure on him than Conner to perform well in a Shocker Madness shooting contest/exhibition? I really hope Conner has a great performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Has any Shocker ever had more pressure on him than Conner to perform well in a Shocker Madness shooting contest/exhibition? I really hope Conner has a great performance.
                          This is what you should probably expect:

He won an Under Armor event as well, but I didn't find any highlights.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                            This is what you should probably expect:

He won an Under Armor event as well, but I didn't find any highlights.
                            Anyone who doesn't see him getting solid amounts of minutes has a screw loose.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Has any Shocker ever had more pressure on him than Conner to perform well in a Shocker Madness shooting contest/exhibition? I really hope Conner has a great performance.
                              I suspect any pressure will be self imposed. Outside of a few vocal detractors on SN I believe 99%+ of the faithful in CKA will recognize him as a Shocker and support him thusly. That said, I am sure he wants to make an immediate and positive impression.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                                I suspect any pressure will be self imposed. Outside of a few vocal detractors on SN I believe 99%+ of the faithful in CKA will recognize him as a Shocker and support him thusly. That said, I am sure he wants to make an immediate and positive impression.
                                Agreed, but you have a kid who knows his first impression after becoming a Shocker (an underage DUI) was not a great one and I think he will no doubt have some self-imposed pressure to do well. That can cut either way. Causing him to be super-focused and sharp or causing him to be a little tight and maybe off a little. Either way I'm rooting for the kid.

Comment

Working...
                                X