Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
    Let's hope that if he is at a watch party today that they have the booze locked up.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

• Yes, losing to UNI has nothing to do with them just being better. That team is perfectly setup to beat this WSU team and they did.

To blame yesterday on CF shows little understanding of what happens on the basketball court.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        1. Please list the media source. I haven't seen it and would like to read it.
        2. No one knows the consequences because it's being handled internally.
        3. No one knows about the scholarships for next year. I do visit other fan boards and it seems to me that more Shocker fans obsess about scholarships than other fan groups and many fine programs are over their limits. Just an observation.
        4. It's a reach to blame our poor play for 2 games on an outside distraction. Why did our play slip in December?
        1. Do your own research. I've read dozens of media reports and don't remember how to find all of them. The old copout of "if you can't provide a link, it didn't happen" doesn't work real well, when something as obvious as a teammate's DUI being a mid-season distraction is involved.
        2. and 3. No one knows the consequences, but if it was already questionable whether he gets a schollie next year. He certainly didn't take a step in the direction of improving his chances.
        4. Team sat for 20 hours in airports on the way to Hawaii (I don't have a link to that either, just a friend who traveled with the team at the athletic department's invitation). Total travel time was in excess of 24 hours. Then the team struggled in the 3 games they played over the next 4 days. There are seemingly significant events that occurred before the mini-slumps the team has experienced this year.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Of all the excuses to blame a loss on. How many players or coaches would say, well, we
          lost because of off the court distractions? Get real. I see some moles doing their best
          to undermine the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            Of all the excuses to blame a loss on. How many players or coaches would say, well, we
            lost because of off the court distractions? Get real. I see some moles doing their best
            to undermine the program.
            I 100% agree about the excuse. Not sure about moles. Just think fans are frustrated at such a miserable outcome.

Comment

• Your probably right about frustration being the cause rather than "moles"

Comment

• I don't recall the ESPN2 crew mentioning it once, during the game yesterday.
                The Assman

Comment

• Everyone wants to blame someone for a loss, but not the team...
                  That thinking is absolutely rediculous

Comment

• Just my opinion...and I may be stretching a bit here so please excuse the wondering out loud here...but not only did we play pretty bad yesterday....we played STOO-PID, out of sync, un-focused and all the above. Yes UNI shot sumthing like 100% from the field and played like a Top-5 team while our beloved Shockers couldn't shoot it in a lake anchored off a 50 foot yacht sitting in the middle of Lake Cheney. I didn't go into watching the game thinking this "distraction" would be a problem...but rather after the fact...it did leave me wondering. It's not like we lost by 3 or 7 points here. We got *****-slapped to the core. In the past...after a game when we looked like complete do-doo we hear something about a flu bug or a player slept with another players girlfriend...lol...Kentucky, Virginia, Duke...UNI is NOT. We allowed them to be. Just one man's opinion and observation and I'm hoping I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off here.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• This thread is really getting stupid...

Comment

• See what happens when Frankamp is on the bench?!

They are back to being world-beaters!! ;)
                        The Assman

Comment

• That game was so incredible I can't even remember why we were ever mad at Frankamp.

Comment

• Apparently they're over the "distraction."

I'd think that for a team coached by Marshall, and led by FVV, Baker, and Cotton, such distractions are among the least of their worries.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure there wasn't a distraction. Whenever a team loses or plays bad, fans always seem to look for reasons, such as a distraction.

Comment

• I had lots of distractions when I was younger. I am just amazed that I am still here to enjoy life.

Comment

Working...
                                X