Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I don't know but it's a little late for that since he is already said he is leaving due to lack of past and forseeable PT. I suppose you could claim temporary insanity for going to KU in the 1st place.
    - His lack of playing time made his dad sick
    - Upon realizing he actually did pick KU, and that it wasn't a nightmare, he instantly began tapping his heels to come home

Problem solved ;)
    The Assman

Comment

If Gregg wants him I want him. Would love another ict kid on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        Technically, I believe he could be a 2014-15, 2015-16, or 2016-17. He takes a 2014-15 schollie if he's given one for this spring (which we don't have so that's not even an option). 2015-16 if he gets one at the beginning of the school year or when he's eligible in that spring (which we don't currently have although we might but we believe we are already 2 over the limit as it is). 2016-17 if you wait until his first full year when he's a junior.
        Either you are someone else said earlier that he could not have picked a worse time to make this decision. That was probably pretty accurate as far a transfer to Wichita State is concerned and a lot of other schools may not have a lot of scholarship wriggle room either at this point.

Comment

SMU, anybody???
          For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
          - said no one ever...

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            What school/coach/system could use a 5'11 3-point shooting PG who isn't exceptionally quick or has exceptional handles?

This will sound kind of crazy, but perhaps Frankamp is the guy who could kick-start a resurgence at Drake. He could be a better shooting version of Adam Emmenemenemenekker.
            Exactly. I want him in the Valley so bad. This conference sucks. He could really lift a team.

Heck, I wanted Naadir Tharpe in the Valley. I even want Zach Lofton back in the Valley!

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
              If HCGM wants him, I want him.
              If he becomes a Bluejay, the prophesies will be fulfilled, and we will know that Conner is the devil spawn known as the "Antishock" that our ancestral coaches foretold of. He will wear #666 on his jersey, and has an upside down W "Shocker" tattoo somewhere on his body.

(And Obama is his cousin.)
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
                SMU, anybody???
                That would make sense. I would have thought Bill Self would have pushed him towards his ol' buddy Barrah' at SIU. Although Conner and Martin may not really be too interested in what Bill thinks at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  If HCGM wants him, I want him.
                  Oh and THIS x1000.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                    Yes, all things being equal, totally get that. But, speaking of which, if he has to sit out a year, does this make him a 2016 scholie guy or 2015? Anybody know?
                    If Frankamp transfers someplace at the semester and gets a scholarship at his new school, he'll be a 2015 scholarship player. Guys count as soon as they're actually on scholarship, regardless of whether they're eligible to play yet.

Edit: And, Royal, although your idea about Adam M&M&M at Drake is interesting, I don't really think Frankamp is that kind of player. Emmenecker needed the ball because he was the best on his team at figuring out where it needed to go -- the classic pass-first PG who made his teammates better. Frankamp needs the ball so he can get a chance to shoot it ;and, to be fair, he's a really, really good shooter, especially from three. But "pass-first" is never a description that would be applied to him.
                    Last edited by WSUwatcher; October 31, 2014, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      If he becomes a Bluejay, the prophesies will be fulfilled, and we will know that Conner is the devil spawn known as the "Antishock" that our ancestral coaches foretold of. He will wear #666 on his jersey, and has an upside down W "Shocker" tattoo somewhere on his body.
                      I thought that was Lew Perkins. Are you implying that Conner may actually be Lew's illegitimate kid? Come to think of it there is some physical resemblance there.

Comment

• I'm sure HCGM would welcome his father's oversight at practice, game planning and post game film evaluations.
                        You have to know this is a 2 for 1 deal.

Comment

• Let's Assume he does transfer to WSU for a moment. Let's also assume all the current guards stay and new recruits come in.

How would that shake out the line up?
                          PG: FVV, Henderson, Taylor
                          SG: Baker, Holland, Shamet

Where in the rotation would you slot Conner? Do you send Shamet to Sunrise (aka WSU Free Redshirt Prep)?
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                            Perry Ellis can finish his entire 4 year career eclipsed by his hometown team while ...
                            I'd take Perry Ellis in 2 nanoseconds. And the only reason it would take 2 is because my other neuron is dead from all the beer, so the other good neuron has to process the information sequentially.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
                              SMU, anybody???
                              Whoa. That would make a LOT of sense, actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Whoa. That would make a LOT of sense, actually.
                                Especially after Matt McQuaid reneged on his commit and chose Michigan State. Very similar players.

Comment

Working...
                                X