Conner Frankamp is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
    I just don't understand the hype for this kid. He's a Wichita native, so what? Cocky, doesn't play defense, hot/cold shooter. They're a dime a dozen.

More importantly, I'd take Rian over him any day after seeing him this afternoon.
    Isn't Frankamp a PG? Wouldn't the choice be between him and Henderson (both sophomore PGs in 2015/16) ?

I don't know if he fits Marshall's mindset, but he's a top 50 national recruit and he'd have two years of eligibility remaining after we've lost all of FVV/Baker/Cotton. He would definitely be useful in 2016/17-18 if Marshall wants him.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
      Planting the seeds for a future investigation...
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        Seems to be a lot of people jumping to conclusions. I thought Rian had a very good game
        vs a pretty weak opponent. Same can be said for some other newcomers. Don't get me wrong
        I am NOT knocking any of them..........yet, but Northwood just wasn't a good test. Dissing
        CF and rating ANY of our newcomers as just as good or better is really premature right now.
        I sure hope they come close to CF but none have proven they are in his class offensively.
        How many of you would take any of our players against CF in a three point shooting contest?
        If you would you would be bucking the odds, trust me. Shooters like him do NOT come along
        every day as one poster seemed to believe. Like most of our posters I trust HCGM' s
        assessment. As far as ability goes there is NO question he can play. Personally, I'd love
        to have him on the team as long as GM thinks he will make us better. THAT is the bottom line !
        Last I looked there are no 3-point contests within the confines of a game. I believe CF shot just over 30% from 3 last year. I would rather us pass on him, but agree with your assertion that HCGM will do what is best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
          Isn't Frankamp a PG? Wouldn't the choice be between him and Henderson (both sophomore PGs in 2015/16) ?

I don't know if he fits Marshall's mindset, but he's a top 50 national recruit and he'd have two years of eligibility remaining after we've lost all of FVV/Baker/Cotton. He would definitely be useful in 2016/17-18 if Marshall wants him.
          Conner is like Ri'an when it comes to position. He's a 2 in a PGs body. Self tried to convert him to point, and he was serviceable, but make no mistake; he's an elite level shooter. Anything else he offers is gravy.

I want Conner too, but I don't see him as the guy that brings our team to the next level. I think those guys are already here. CF is certainly an intriguing prospect once RB and FVV leave, but if we don't have him, we'll have someone else (Shamet comes to mind).
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            Seems to be a lot of people jumping to conclusions. I thought Rian had a very good game
            vs a pretty weak opponent. Same can be said for some other newcomers. Don't get me wrong
            I am NOT knocking any of them..........yet, but Northwood just wasn't a good test. Dissing
            CF and rating ANY of our newcomers as just as good or better is really premature right now.
            I sure hope they come close to CF but none have proven they are in his class offensively.
            How many of you would take any of our players against CF in a three point shooting contest?
            If you would you would be bucking the odds, trust me. Shooters like him do NOT come along
            every day as one poster seemed to believe. Like most of our posters I trust HCGM' s
            assessment. As far as ability goes there is NO question he can play. Personally, I'd love
            to have him on the team as long as GM thinks he will make us better. THAT is the bottom line !
            Good points but...
            1) You ignore the fact that CF has yet to prove himself at any college level. I don't recall him ever having a game like Holland had today in college.
            2) Who cares about 3pt shooting contests?

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
              Good points but...
              1) You ignore the fact that CF has yet to prove himself at any college level. I don't recall him ever having a game like Holland had today in college.
              2) Who cares about 3pt shooting contests?
              He scored 12 off the bench in the NCAA tourney against Stanford.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                How did he do against man-to-man defenses?
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  I will stand somewhat corrected...

Only took him 30 some odd games to do it. For a top 40 player, I would call that underperforming. If coach wants him that's good enough for me, but I like what we have on the bench and coming next year just fine..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                    He's at least finishing at the semester if not the year at KU, right? Seems like he has a while to work the recruitment process.

I'm pretty certain he'll be here if Marshall wants him.
                    This is all that matters.

Comment

• Recruits normally go to locker room after games ?

Comment

• Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
                        Recruits normally go to locker room after games ?
                        Yes.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
                          Recruits normally go to locker room after games ?
                          He and his family also sat in the usual area were they have recruits sit.

You'd hate to assume anything, but the dots certainly are connecting; if you want them to.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                            He and his family also sat in the usual area were they have recruits sit.

You'd hate to assume anything, but the dots certainly are connecting; if you want them to.
                            Conner's visit is being treated like every unofficial visit, and I think that's how you'd have to classify today for the Frankamps.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              I'll take Holland over Frankamp.

Holland from goshockers : Signed with WSU prior to the start of his senior year at South View High School – the same school that spawned Duke star Jeff Capel… As a senior, named the Mid-South 4A Player of the Year, NCBCA District 4 Player of the Year and NCPreps.com All-State … Won the 2013 North/South All-Star Game Three-Point Contest… Named Second Team 2013 NCBCA Boys All State… Selected for the North/South and East/West All-Star Teams… His team went 23-5 his senior year and advanced to the second round of state playoffs in each of his last two seasons… Coached Nathan Faulk… Averaged 20.5 points, 5.4 rebounds and 3.6 assists as a junior at South View High School… Named to the First Team All-Cape Fear Region team by the Fayetteville Observer and also landed on the All-Mid-South 4-A Conference team… Reached the 1,000-point career scoring mark as a junior… Broke Jeff Capel’s career three-point record with 153 (six more than Capel’s previous school record)… His 554 points in his final season were the most by a South View player since Capel’s 761 in 1992-93… A McDonald’s All-American nominee.

Holland can also defend and get to the rim.
                              read this again, closely this time, asiseeit.

Comment

• When we were in St. Louis for Arch Madness last spring, I was astonished at Holland in warmups. He can really get off
                                the floor --dunking at will. He's a really athletic kid.

Comment

Working...
                                X