2014-15 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    From watching UNI vs VCU and Iowa, I now see @ UNI as a loss. @ Koch will be a dogfight too.
    Nice confidence in your team..
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
      Nice confidence in your team..
      He may not be wrong though.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        ...pseudo post-rapture baal worshipping retards...
        Now, that's amazing -- where did you come up with that? I'm still chuckling.

Play angry, post angry!

Edit: By the way, for those awestruck by the UNIs' win over Iowa -- and you know who you are, AndShock -- let me just note that Warren Nolan is currently showing Iowa's RPI rank at 101st. The Big Ten+4 is a solid basketball league, but Iowa will need some major hustle to make this a top-50 win for the Cedar Falls Gang.
        Last edited by WSUwatcher; December 21, 2014, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
          He may not be wrong though.
          And?

I sure hope the Shox don't feel the same way.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            Now, that's amazing -- where did you come up with that? I'm still chuckling.

Play angry, post angry!

Edit: By the way, for those awestruck by the UNIs' win over Iowa -- and you know who you are, AndShock -- let me just note that Warren Nolan is currently showing Iowa's RPI rank at 101st. The Big Ten+4 is a solid basketball league, but Iowa will need some major hustle to make this a top-50 win for the Cedar Falls Gang.
            And VCU'S RPI is 3. UNI played them to a draw for 50 minutes on the road. It was the Iowa game combined with the VCU that won me over. Unfortunately, UNI might be the type of team that only gets up for big games. They struggled against a bad North Dakota team and had to go to OT against a very meh George Mason squad. Hopefully UNI doesn't take off games during Valley play, they can't afford very many losses.

As for my prediction of our game, there's still time for us to develop another post player or two and that might alter my prediction. FWIW I saw 0 losses on the schedule last year. I only saw Utah as a loss on the schedule this year. If we played @ UNI tomorrow I would take UNI, but we still have a month of games and practice to go before then.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Man I'm telling you.......

(From the Redbird forum) Birds +6

Looks like now +4.5

Huge game. If we win, we will have won three straight true road games and have a good chance to be 9-3 and on a 6-game win streak when we roll into Wichita, KS.

I'm not sure why the Racers are even favored in this game. I think Tennessee-Martin will be the class of the OVC.

ISU 77, MSU 71

Wins over top 50s ODU, UNI and WSU plus a top 100 Ws over Murray St (and UE) would look mighty nice coming down the stretch. The key is for the Birds to just take it to a new level come Valley play and earn a 14-4 MVC record, and that's no losses to the bottom teams which would be BU, SIU, LU, Drake, or Indiana State.

Agree that going 9-3 before hitting the Valley is absolutely imperative for the Birds, so that means a W over the Murray St. Racers is very important. ISU goes 9-3 non-con, 14-4 MVC, and you're looking at 23-7 heading into Arch Madness. Also if the Birds accomplish all that, then ISU should have an RPI in the 30s and have an NCAA worthy resume....COOL!

Now to reality:

Muller gets T'd up, ISU loses (Best player DAP still out and Teddy showed up at the game in a boot unfortunately).

Post game comments:

Well, the Birds have officially shot themselves in the foot going into the Valley season (not sure what losing at home to Utah State was but apparently not official shooting yourself in the foot). Thankfully I have not bought my Arch Madness tix (atta boy, way to be a fan!). I was going to a couple of days ago, but my brother was still debating whether he wanted to go (good to see your brother makes all the calls. As an adult, I usually check with my bro too before making tough decisions like going to a basketball game 100 miles away).

Now we'll probably just skip the Arch or if the Birds make it to Sunday, then buy tix for the championship game which is about (ABOUT???)the only way for ISU to now make the Big Dance. So unless ISU goes something like 16-2 (quick, name the last team not named WSU to go 16-2 in the Valley) in the MVC, the Birds have to win Arch Madness to get into the NCAA tourney. Not a likely scenario (that's called an understatement folks), but ISU has shown some scrap this season.

Hate to say it, but right now it's looks like the Birds are more likely to be NIT bound (Koolaid), which would still be an improvement over last season.
              LMAO!

I love it. I honestly do. I could care less WTF happens with that team and fanbase. Way to go Racers!

A surefire NCAA team loses to an OVC school. Nice going Turds. What a joke of a school. Oh well, they're playing in the D-2 football National Championship Game! Wooooooot!
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 2014-15 Technical Foul Count:

Dan Muller 1,
                Gregg Marshall 0

Keep it classy, Redturd Nation.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Utah gets a road win 59-46 over UNLV.
                  Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

And?

oh, they know that uni is a serious threat to win an mvc title this season.

Comment

And?

Me too, but as fans, we can feel any way we want and it doesn't affect them.

Comment

And?

Good point. We are not unbeatable. We have come close to beating ourselves two games in a row. Hopefully, AC had a post game #PLAYANGRY chat with them before they left for Hawaii. Any cracks in our confidence need to be filled before we start Valley play.
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Only a disaster can keep us from winning the Valley.

Not going undefeated through 18 conference games only requires us being a little down one night and the other team shooting the lights out, more than likely on their home court.

Comment

• UNI is legit. Of course they have been building for this year for four years with their contributing cast almost entirely seniors. This may be the golden goose year that gets Jacobson to a very nice job offer.

What I've seen of the Valley, I would be stunned if they had more than four losses

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              UNI is legit. Of course they have been building for this year for four years with their contributing cast almost entirely seniors. This may be the golden goose year that gets Jacobson to a very nice job offer.

What I've seen of the Valley, I would be stunned if they had more than four losses
                              A few things to point out here. The contributing cast is not almost entirely seniors. Their best player (Tuttle) is a senior, as is their back-up PG (Mitchell, although he starts), the starting power forward (glue guy), and reserve PF (Buss). The second best player on the team (Washpun), and wing guards (Bohannon and Jesperson) are juniors. The freshman (Lohaus and Koch) will be good someday soon.

Jacobson has been offered better jobs and chose to stay. I think that trend continues.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Tuttle, Buss, Singleton, and Mitchell are the core players I was referring to. Without them, they don't sniff first place and they won't next year as well. They have been building the Tuttle farewell tour for four years-just like the Colt Ryan deal at Evansville.

But what I really have an issue with is the Jacobson job offer thing. What insight do you have other than what you read in the papers that he turned down bigger jobs as the number one candidate? Yes he has been considered for jobs---statement itself is so obtuse and misleading--but so have many. Sort of like the Scott Sutton thing here-the real story is not what it appears.

I have talked to many a UNI booster and one administrator that have a totally different take on that....I will take my sources over yours.

Comment

Working...
                                X