detroit loses
    memphis wins
    ISUr wins
    loyola wins
    st. louis going to win question mark
    tulsa wins/missouri state loses
    nmsu trailing 32-24 at half
    marymount winning 31-27 at half

Not a bad night so far. A Marymount upset would be great.
    St Lewis holds on. Marymount up 1 13 to go and NMSU down 6 at the under 16.

14+ hour work day, this cat is going home.

Comment

• Detroit lost by 5. UCF shot 21 more free throws. It tough to win on the road.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I'm sorry but Marcus Marshall needs to just transfer to Illinois/Indiana/Minnesota/the Big Ten already.

Comment

• There's a fun drinking game to play with Cinci basketball, which involves their fans chanting "Bullsh#t."

Entertaining OT game with them and San Diego St, with San Diego making a pretty good comeback of their own. The commentators just made a point about no AAC team even receiving votes right now, and I smiled. I know where they could pick up a team that would take care of that for them. At this point, I think we just cheer against the AAC as a whole. The less tourney teams they get in, the more they realize losing Louisville means they need to strengthen the basketball side.
          Last edited by Rlh04d; December 17, 2014, 10:26 PM.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• I just want to make everyone aware that after St Mary's beat Creighton in The Quiet Center the other night, they promptly went out and lost on their home floor to then 3-6 NAU (Northern Arizona...since no one actually knows who NAU is).

:)

It's kind of like that time Creighton got taken to 2OT by 3-7 South Dakota in the Omaha Public Library.
            Or is it more like that time Creighton lost by 13 to the same Tulsa team we hammered by 20?
            Maybe it's more like that time Creighton lost to Ole Miss who owns a home loss to 4-4 WKU, and another solid home loss to Charleston Southern.

I see that 8-3 record and think "hmm... Maybe they aren't terrible" but then I look at this collateral stuff and it reminds me that they are indeed terrible and their descent is/will continue to be glorious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
              There's a fun drinking game to play with Cinci basketball, which involves their fans chanting "Bullsh#t."

Entertaining OT game with them and San Diego St, with San Diego making a pretty good comeback of their own. The commentators just made a point about no AAC team even receiving votes right now, and I smiled. I know where they could pick up a team that would take care of that for them. At this point, I think we just cheer against the AAC as a whole. The less tourney teams they get in, the more they realize losing Louisville means they need to strengthen the basketball side.
              I just checked Warren Nolan and the best rpi in the entire conference is Temple at 58. If they finish the season with no teams in the top 50 of the rpi, the American is looking at being a one bid conference. Ouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                Maybe it's more like that time Creighton lost to Ole Miss who owns a home loss to 4-4 WKU, and another solid home loss to Charleston Southern.
                I think the folks that have been praying for Creighton to be terrible the way Mark Mangino prays for an Arby's at every corner in America need to stop digging so deep for talking points. Trash talk is good when it doesn't require grasping at straws. Talking about how Creighton lost to a team that lost to a team that is bad just seems to be stretching a bit, IMO.

Last year's undefeated Shockers eventually lost to a team that lost to a team with a 14-20 end of season record. Boy, those Shockers sure sucked!

I'm all for Creighton bashing when there is some substance behind it. I just think a lot of the stuff I've seen on this board looks more like a commentary on the obsession of our own posters than it does on Creighton's team or program.

At the moment, Creighton looks like a very likely top 100 team that will go to the NIT. Instead of trying to make up a false narrative that they are just horrible, if I were trash talking with a Blue Jay, I'd remind them that WSU is now a national darling drawing the likes of Dick Vitale while they have become a complete afterthought that gets watched by a miniscule TV audience in the mediocre, "who cares?" department of college basketball.

Comment

• Just throwing out there that expecting every post relating to Creighton to be rational on a Shocker message board, would be like going to fox news and expecting the comment section to praise Obama. It just ain't happening, and if you're waiting for that day to happen, you'll be looking like Al Davis circa 2010.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                    I think the folks that have been praying for Creighton to be terrible the way Mark Mangino prays for an Arby's at every corner in America need to stop digging so deep for talking points. Trash talk is good when it doesn't require grasping at straws. Talking about how Creighton lost to a team that lost to a team that is bad just seems to be stretching a bit, IMO.

Last year's undefeated Shockers eventually lost to a team that lost to a team with a 14-20 end of season record. Boy, those Shockers sure sucked!

I'm all for Creighton bashing when there is some substance behind it. I just think a lot of the stuff I've seen on this board looks more like a commentary on the obsession of our own posters than it does on Creighton's team or program.

At the moment, Creighton looks like a very likely top 100 team that will go to the NIT. Instead of trying to make up a false narrative that they are just horrible, if I were trash talking with a Blue Jay, I'd remind them that WSU is now a national darling drawing the likes of Dick Vitale while they have become a complete afterthought that gets watched by a miniscule TV audience in the mediocre, "who cares?" department of college basketball.
                    I will be the first to admit that I have an obsession :) it's silly to dig them because we actually are trumping them all over the place, even through the McD era. It's just fun.

Comment

That's 10 minutes of keyboard stroking you'll never get back.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                        Just throwing out there that expecting every post relating to Creighton to be rational on a Shocker message board, would be like going to fox news and expecting the comment section to praise Obama. It just ain't happening, and if you're waiting for that day to happen, you'll be looking like Al Davis circa 2010.
                        I do not expect every post on Shockernet relating to Creighton will be rational. I never said I did.

I do not expect all drivers to drive courteously. However, if I see someone I know driving like a maniac, the next time I see him I'll probably tell him I think he should knock it off. My explanation of why he shouldn't drive like that would have nothing to do with whether or not I think the roads will ever be free of idiots.

kai, your post sets up a false choice. I do not have to expect perfection in any area in life in order to be justified in critiquing something.

Comment

• I hate Creighton but honestly picking on them at this point is a little like a Yankees fan relentlessly shitting on the Cubs. Nobody gives a damn about them nationally and their pedestrian place in the hoops hierarchy is satisfaction aplenty.

Not being noticeable often stings worse than being able to think you're a thorn in big brother's paw.

Comment

kai, your post sets up a false choice. I do not have to expect perfection in any area in life in order to be justified in critiquing something.
                            Right. But then idiot drives and obsessive posters are pretty likely to go on being idiot drivers and/or obsessive posters regardless of the justness of your critiques.

The rest of us are like the decent drivers that are upset at an idiot driver, and then further upset by the road-raging driver zooming past us to flip off the idiot driver for the idiot thing they did.

Comment

OH POOP!! You're no fun! :playful:

Comment

• I mean it's mostly about elevating one's skill at trolling their fans beyond the basic kicking sand in the weakling's face strategy.

Pointing out Ole Miss or Tulsa's losses hurts less than not even knowing or caring they played those teams to begin with. I mean, do most folks know how Murray State's opponents are faring? Because that's the company Creighton keeps these days.

You can treat them like the broken down 2nd world "power" they once were and freely issue silent cropdusts from our spot way up in the rarified air of every ranking imaginable. They may not even be able to smell them all the way down there.

Comment

Working...
                                X