Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=big55fred;447582]
    Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Looks like it's been corrected. While I happen to think that the block/charge and 1 foul was called correctly, I am surprised Fred got that on the road.[/QUOTE

The MVC was so sure that the call should have been a charge that they called Lusk Monday to apologize for the blown call. That telephone call of apology is never made unless the MVC Supervisor of Officials has reviewed the game film and determined that the call was blatantly wrong.Why can't we just all admit it that it was a blown call that more than likely gave us the victory? After all we have lost because of blown calls before. Lets be honest.
    Where did Wufan or big5fred (the great Shocker fan) find this tidbit of information?

Comment

• Weird that the mvc would call lusk to apologize on behalf of officials who called a block on a defender who was moving.

If you lean backwards before contact because you are losing at the game of chicken, isn't that a block?

Also did you watch the first ten minutes? Being someone who is concerned with how the game was called, you must be very upset about that part of the game too.

Comment

• Even if they make the other call, MSU has the ball up 4 with about 50 seconds left.

Their chance of winning would have been no more than 50/50 in that scenario.

Comment

• [QUOTE=big55fred;447582]
          Originally posted by wufan View Post
          Looks like it's been corrected. While I happen to think that the block/charge and 1 foul was called correctly, I am surprised Fred got that on the road.[/QUOTE

The MVC was so sure that the call should have been a charge that they called Lusk Monday to apologize for the blown call. That telephone call of apology is never made unless the MVC Supervisor of Officials has reviewed the game film and determined that the call was blatantly wrong.Why can't we just all admit it that it was a blown call that more than likely gave us the victory? After all we have lost because of blown calls before. Lets be honest.
          Dude, seriously, it's time to get over it. Whether you agree with the call or not, life goes on. If you are harboring this much resentment for this long, you really need to get help. If you work, check to see if your employer has EAP. If not, go to your local mental health crisis center. The most important thing is to get you well, at this point.
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Even if they make the other call, MSU has the ball up 4 with about 50 seconds left.

Their chance of winning would have been no more than 50/50 in that scenario.
            No kidding. It was nothing like a goal tend on a perfect block as time expires...

THAT is getting hosed.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
              No kidding. It was nothing like a goal tend on a perfect block as time expires...

THAT is getting hosed.
              Or a clock operator extending the game until the other team can get a shot off.

We've suffered enough and karma is starting to catch up. SWOMO had just blown a 19 pt lead and were still up 1 with 50 seconds left at home in front of their only big crowd of the year against the #6 team in the country. Not our fault they couldn't hold the lead. I'd have a bit more sympathy if they called some BS foul on SWOMO with 1 second left to give us the lead. (Oh wait, that's happened to us too in the last 5 years.)

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post

THAT is getting hosed.
                Precisely my point. Thank you. Thank you. Sometimes we get the apology call as we did after the missed goaltending call and sometimes our opponent gets the apology call. It is dishonest for us to talk about being hosed but not even mentioning on this forum the apology call when our opponent receives it.

Comment

• When a player starts falling back before he absorbs the contact, it is a foul on the defensive player.

Comment

• Originally posted by big55fred View Post
                    Precisely my point. Thank you. Thank you. Sometimes we get the apology call as we did after the missed goaltending call and sometimes our opponent gets the apology call. It is dishonest for us to talk about being hosed but not even mentioning on this forum the apology call when our opponent receives it.
                    GTFO already. You're quickly overstaying your welcome. And the fact that you're severely insulting everyone's intelligence is just making things worse and making you look even more pathetic.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The Assman

Comment

• [QUOTE=shockmonster;447591]
                        Originally posted by big55fred View Post

Where did Wufan or big5fred (the great Shocker fan) find this tidbit of information?
                        He quoted my opinion that it was a foul and stated his opinion.. I had no information. That said, there was at least one Bear fan that stated that Lusk said on his radio show that he got an official apology. It sounded kind of bogus, but what do I know?
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Bottom line: you guys blew a 19 pt lead with less than 12 mins to go in the game, because you couldn't handle the Shocker's pressure defense and your team wilted. That's what you should be upset about.

As IL St learned last year, the Shockers are very, very dangerous. You cannot coast to a win if you're team builds up a big lead.

Comment

• [QUOTE=wufan;447632]
                            Originally posted by shockmonster View Post

He quoted my opinion that it was a foul and stated his opinion.. I had no information. That said, there was at least one Bear fan that stated that Lusk said on his radio show that he got an official apology. It sounded kind of bogus, but what do I know?
                            Are we sure the phone call wasn't made just to apologize/offer condolences about the way the Bears choked in historic fashion? Like "the league just wants to apologize and sympathize with you, Paul, for losing that game when you really thought you had something going all game long, and in fact you didn't".... to which Paul replies "yeah but we wouldn't have lost without that bad charge block call"

The league says "wait what? You and your fans are blaming one 50/50 call with more than enough time left to still win and not your 19 point 10 minute collapse as soon as you all got tired? Yeah I guess we are sorry for that being the only thread you were hanging by at that point in the game. Sorry again that you lost. Better luck next time." Click

I can see how he might mistake that for an official apology about the call... :)

Comment

• I'm calling bullshit on an apology from the league for a blown call.

Since when do they do this and what purpose does it serve?

That call was correct imo. The dude was falling before the contact. He was nearly jumping in the air.

Of course, with Fred's aura, it could very well make impact up to 3 feet in front of Fred, and knock someone over without being detected with a naked eye.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• To my knowledge the MVC has not released a statement on this, nor have they disciplined the refs. Are there published reports from legitimate sources of the so-called "apology call?" I don't think so. This seems more like fiction.

Comment

Working...
                                X