#6 WSU @ Missouri State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    Yep. The ole "Underrated" chant. Never understood it.
    You probably don't get it because no one says it. I have heard the "over rated" chant.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Agree. The over rated chant is so dumb. I've never understood that.

Comment

• This video was on the MSU board and thought it was a fun watch
        http://youtu.be/DeWvAgykK0g

Comment

• Speaking of showing youtube videos. How does one properly embed on this message board? So it shows the video, not just the link. I post the link that says embed below the video, but all it shows is the code.

Comment

• I type [ video ] <inset link> [/ video ] with no spaces in between the brackets or the link. I hope this helps.

See everyone at the Roundhouse tonight.

Go Shocks!
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Thanks for posting.
              Did not get to watch as I had a game in Western Kentucky and listened via Tune In on the way home.

The block call with VanVleet was definitely 50/50 and could have gone either way. Last year, it was probably a charge.

Appreciate the on site reports (Thanks Shoxlax).

I would hope MOSU personnel would work to identify the slap dick who threw the ball at the players just after the game ended and suspend them from attending any more games.
              That was a pure hillbilly bush league antic.

That is all.
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                I know this is a non-issue because the Shockers had the possession arrow, but I believe that Gulley's foot is out of bounds when he tied up Baker. I'm pretty sure that the ref called jump ball, but I think that the correct call should have been out of bounds. Had we not had the possession arrow this could have been huge.
                I saw the foot out of bounds also but did not notice how much additional time would have been left on the clock. I believe the correct call would have been out of bounds with the ball awarded to WSU because it should be instantaneously out of bounds while a jump ball I believes requires at least a split second longer. Then WSU would have had to get the ball in, get fouled and make additional FTs in whatever time might have been left-- 4 seconds maybe?
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• This game above all games we have played this year points out the VALUE of good free throw shooting. If we had not had the big advantage on FTs, this game could had look very different at the 11:48 mark (even though it looked pretty bad to me at that time). But down the stretch the FTs were invaluable. Everyone in the gym and practice those free throws.

Comment

• Sounds like Marcus Marshall is going to be out awhile (mid-February) after injuring his knee Saturday night. Bad News Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      Sounds like Marcus Marshall is going to be out awhile (mid-February) after injuring his knee Saturday night. Bad News Bears.
                      Then it's a REALLY good thing we won...

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        Sounds like Marcus Marshall is going to be out awhile (mid-February) after injuring his knee Saturday night. Bad News Bears.
                        Bad news indeed. Hope the young man recovers completely and sooner than expected. Hell of a player.

Comment

• [QUOTE=wufan;445532]Looks like it's been corrected. While I happen to think that the block/charge and 1 foul was called correctly, I am surprised Fred got that on the road.[/QUOTE

The MVC was so sure that the call should have been a charge that they called Lusk Monday to apologize for the blown call. That telephone call of apology is never made unless the MVC Supervisor of Officials has reviewed the game film and determined that the call was blatantly wrong.Why can't we just all admit it that it was a blown call that more than likely gave us the victory? After all we have lost because of blown calls before. Lets be honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by big55fred View Post

The MVC was so sure that the call should have been a charge that they called Lusk Monday to apologize for the blown call. Why can't we just all admit it that it was a blown call that more than likely gave us the victory? After all we have lost because of blown calls before. Lets be honest.
                            We? Who's "we"?

You pick this post to be your first one?

Jesus, get over it butthurt Bare fan. It's been 6 days already. It's not healthy. You LOST.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Bad news indeed. Hope the young man recovers completely and sooner than expected. Hell of a player.
                              Hopefully he will recover soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                We? Who's "we"?

You pick this post to be your first one?

Jesus, get over it butthurt Bare fan. It's been 6 days already. It's not healthy. You LOST.
                                I was hoping we would all just ignore the troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X