No announcement yet.

#6 WSU @ Missouri State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, didnt we go to overtime? The only way someone can say this call affected the game is by ensuring that the right team won. It's 0-0 for 5 minutes in OT. You either win it you don't. When you have one team trending one direction (collapsing) and another team utterly dominating down the stretch it is clear who should win. If they somehow held on and won by a point, it would only be a gimmicky win in the first place. A moral victory only.

I guess that's why there was an apology. "We are sorry we deprived you of something so very close to the heart of this conference. You should be entitled to that moral victory you had coming and the good officials we hired screwed that up. Very sorry"

Comment

• I wonder if Fred got an apology for the "traveling" call in the first half.

Most Bear fans are logical and understand that they lost because they got steamrolled in the last 11:40. Then you have ass clowns like this that want to blame everyone but themselves.

I tweeted Mile Kennedy about this on Tuesday and he said that he doubted that an apology happened and that the league didnt usually do things like that.

Comment

• Did WE ever get an apology for 1.9? Doubt it.

Comment

• I realize this is redundant…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• For the betterment of the league, we should forfeit our road games.

It's only fair.

If there was an apology call, I'm sure it was to reaffirm the values of fairness and participation the league cherishes.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

• Not only did Lusk get the call, there was a sealed envelope delivered to the athletic department with an invitation to join CUSA - oh, wait! Perhaps we're just dealing with another southwestern Missouri meth - oops, I mean myth. Musta been a typo.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• [Most Bear fans are logical and understand that they lost because they got steamrolled in the last 11:40. Then you have ass clowns like this that want to blame everyone but themselves.

And most Shockers fans realize that they did not lose the game because of the goaltending
                call but because they played terrible. Obviously MSU got steamrolled by a better team in the last 11:40. Just calling for honesty on this board and WSU fans as a whole have trouble with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by big55fred View Post
                  [Most Bear fans are logical and understand that they lost because they got steamrolled in the last 11:40. Then you have ass clowns like this that want to blame everyone but themselves.

And most Shockers fans realize that they did not lose the game because of the goaltending
                  call but because they played terrible. Obviously MSU got steamrolled by a better team in the last 11:40. Just calling for honesty on this board and WSU fans as a whole have trouble with that.
                  You can't be an opposing teams fan and come on here calling for anything. Every team gets what they deem to be "jobbed" at some point during a season. The fact remains that it was a collapse of epic proportions that caused MSCC to lose. Now get back to "cookin".

Comment

• Hey anyway, we're ranked #5 in the entire country!!! Go Shox!!
                    I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                    If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• From the MSU Bears forum: "Coach Lusk just said on his radio show that we got an apology from the league office on the block/charge call…should have been a charge per league officials" I'm sure that anyone that was inclined to search out a podcast of the show could comment on what was actually said.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        From the MSU Bears forum: "Coach Lusk just said on his radio show that we got an apology from the league office on the block/charge call…should have been a charge per league officials" I'm sure that anyone that was inclined to search out a podcast of the show could comment on what was actually said."
                        If true, that's horse$**t.

Watch the replay, it's the right call.

But, given their history, the league will apologize for just about anything, knowing that nothing will come of it.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post

But, given their history, the league will apologize for just about anything, knowing that nothing will come of it.
                          I agree that it was the right call, and I am doubtful that an apology was issues, but without having actually heard the show, it's only speculation. Regardless of whether or not the call was correct, I'm still surprised that we got it on the road.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by big55fred View Post
                            [Most Bear fans are logical and understand that they lost because they got steamrolled in the last 11:40. Then you have ass clowns like this that want to blame everyone but themselves.

We didn't win because of the call, whether or not the call was correct.

We won because you are Missouri State and you will always be lesser than.
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post

Yes watch the replay. Note closely the jump stop. The defender has to have established position once the offensive player jumps from the jump stop. He did and did not move until hit in the chest with the arm of the offensive player. Watch it. Watch it closely and read the rulebook. Very easy to see once you key in on jump stop. That is why league issued an apology.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                                We didn't win because of the call, whether or not the call was correct.

We won because you are Missouri State and you will always be lesser than.
                                Class act. And Shocker fans wonder why the rest of the league can't stand them. .

Comment

Working...
                                X