Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
    ******* wrote a detailed piece less than a month ago about WSU, so why are the Shockers such a mystery?

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff.../wichita-state
    I'm pretty sure when he calls the Shockers a mystery, he means he can not for the life of him figure out why they haven't lost yet, despite his waiting for it for 3 months. Very mysterious.

Things that people do not understand or choose not to believe are often labeled as a "mystery."
    Last edited by Cdizzle; February 11, 2014, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
      Could you imagine if one of the NFL guys on ESPN said a 8-0 team was "still a mystery" to him?
      I think a few of their NFL analysts did say that about the 9-0 Chiefs this past season...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        I'm pretty sure when he calls the Shockers a mystery, he means he can not for the life of him figure out why they haven't lost yet, despite his waiting for it for 3 months. Very mysterious.
        The answer to the mystery is Gregg Marshall. I don't think a lot of people understand exactly how much better of a coach he is than their favorite "usual suspects" when it comes to the good coaches out there.

These analysts look at our team and see underrated athletes and performances they think are not dominant. Yet the team is undefeated. There are a lot of coaching intangibles happening that are lost on outsiders, such as developing our weak bench in the midst of blowouts for example.

Anyway, just spewing some thoughts here :)

Comment

• ******* on Katz Korner as we speak

Comment

• I am at the point where I don't care what the media says.

Give us a 3 seed and let's tear thru the bracket beating a 2 seed followed by a 1 seed to get to the final 4.
            Then knock off another 1 seed to get to the championship game.

Oh wait! We did that last season... :)
            Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
            Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
              I am at the point where I don't care what the media says.

Give us a 3 seed and let's tear thru the bracket beating a 2 seed followed by a 1 seed to get to the final 4.
              Then knock off another 1 seed to get to the championship game.

Oh wait! We did that last season... :)
              Rinse and repeat with an extra rinse cycle to get that NC!!
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Creighton has their BJ genitalia so far up *******'s ass that they can puppet him around.

How he can be a basketball "expert" and not realize that Creighton has BY FAR the slimmest margin of error of any top 20 team to win is mind-boggling.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  ******* on Katz Korner as we speak
                  Anything of note?

Comment

• "We've been playing one-and-done basketball for a while. Now that we got this streak going, you lose and the streak’s done. It’s kind of been that way for a while. Our guys have thrived in that type of environment.”

Midnight has yet to strike for Cinderella. Last March’s magical Final Four run, in fact, may just be the start of Wichita State’s fairy-tale story. The Shockers enter the regular season’s homestret…

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      "We've been playing one-and-done basketball for a while. Now that we got this streak going, you lose and the streak’s done. It’s kind of been that way for a while. Our guys have thrived in that type of environment.”

http://nypost.com/2014/02/10/wichita...n-and-respect/
                      Good article. Is it weird that I got chills when reading Cleanthony's comments?
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Bilas Index: Top 68 rankings 2/11

Best quote of the article portion

"Those who question the use of the term parity are seen as climate-change deniers, but there are some interesting questions. Start with a basic one: When did parity arrive? Was it when George Mason went to the Final Four in 2006? Or was it when Penn and Indiana State did exactly the same thing in 1979? Was it when Wichita State went to the Final Four last year, or was it when Wichita State went to the Final Four in 1965, the Elite Eight in 1981 or the Sweet 16 in 2006 (before losing to George Mason)?"

there is some history of our program for you.

3. Wichita State Shockers (Previous ranking: 3)

The Shockers haven't played the same schedule as Kansas or Syracuse. So what? When you really watch Wichita State play, you have to conclude that this team can beat anyone, and beating every team you play counts for a lot. The Bilastrator believes that Wichita State will enter the Missouri Valley Conference tournament as the No. 1 team in the polls, and will be undefeated entering Championship Week. While praise has been heaped upon Ron Baker, Cleanthony Early and Fred VanVleet (and rightfully so), The Bilastrator believes that Tekele Cotton is among the top five individual defenders in the country. Without Cotton, Wichita State would not be unbeaten. In its past 10 games, Wichita State has held opponents to 36.5 percent shooting, the fifth-lowest field goal percentage allowed by any team in the country since Jan. 5.

By Jay Bilas

Jay Bilas gives his latest ranking and analysis of the top 68 teams in college basketball. The Syracuse Orange maintain the top spot while a handful of emerging teams vault in the ranks, including the Iowa State Cyclones and Creighton Bluejays.
                        Last edited by HarpBros; February 11, 2014, 03:00 PM.
                        "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                          Anything of note?
                          Nope. Guess what. It was mostly about Marcus Smart. They did do a small portion on Lunardi's latest bracketology that has WSU as a #1 and ******* didn't say anything.

Comment

• Good rundown of the remaining games

Comment

• Good video on the Shox.

NOTE: you have to download a video player to watch from an Android, but they also have an App you can download from the Play Store, which is what I did. Good analysis worth a listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                                "We've been playing one-and-done basketball for a while. Now that we got this streak going, you lose and the streak’s done. It’s kind of been that way for a while. Our guys have thrived in that type of environment.”

http://nypost.com/2014/02/10/wichita...n-and-respect/
                                Great quotes by Cle. That may be the first time I've heard Tekele described as a shooting guard. Although he has shot down a lot of highly regarded opposing players. Maybe that's what the meant.

Comment

Working...
                                X