No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you keep Those People from talking? You find ways to win when everything continues to go against you. Is the pressure of a '0' in the loss column starting to get to Wichita State? Maybe, but they keep staying cool when it counts.

Some people get it. "Those People" will, eventually.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      Would that help ease the Dr's pain about not having a U for a little bit?
      Ease yes, not eliminate however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        I believe this was intentional. I think he adjusted his formula to give a little less weight to early-season blowouts by adjusting his MoV parameter.
        I'm sure it was. And I can understand his reasoning. But I would hope that any statistics based rankings would settle down once there is a large enough sample. This change seems to be keeping that from happening. Hopefully he dials it back next year to something that's a little bit more of a compromise.

Comment

• Just to put things in perspective:

Odds of Odds of
          Winning Winning
          Each Game 26 in a row
          90% 6.5%
          91% 8.6%
          92% 11.4%
          93% 15.2%
          94% 20.0%
          95% 26.4%
          96% 34.6%
          97% 45.3%
          98% 59.1%
          99% 77.0%
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            http://www.midmajormadness.com/2014/...rly-beane-26-0

Some people get it. "Those People" will, eventually.
            Ehh, who needs those people.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Those people got no reason
              Those people got no reason
              Those people got no reason
              To hate

They got little hands
              Little eyes
              They walk around
              Tellin' great big lies
              They got little noses
              And tiny little teeth
              They wear flip-flop shoes
              On their nasty little feet

Well, I don't want those people
              I don't want those people
              I don't want those people
              `Round here
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 12, 2014, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Joe Lunardi was just on ESPN talking about WSU and their seed. He thinks there is a very good chance the Shox win out, but end with a 2 seed.

Lunardi is off now, and they have a panel discussing WSU including Berruh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Radigan View Post
                  Joe Lunardi was just on ESPN talking about WSU and their seed. He thinks there is a very good chance the Shox win out, but end with a 2 seed.

Lunardi is off now, and they have a panel discussing WSU including Berruh.
                  Translation: "Look at me!!! I'm being controversial!!! I need the page views!!! Please!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                    Translation: "Look at me!!! I'm being controversial!!! I need the page views!!! Please!!!!"
                    I think it is more....LOOK AT ME, A TALKING ASS!

Comment

• Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
                      I think it is more....LOOK AT ME, A TALKING ASS!
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Doug Gottlieb, who for some reason has a massive reverse hardon for WSU this season and mentions us ad nauseam (deadhorse on SN), just interviewed Wookie Jr on his show.

The DG question: Who had the better year last year - WSU with the FF, or CU with the MVC titles? Would you trade CU season's brass with WSU season's brass?

The DM answer: Man, tough choice. I'd have to say I value our 2014 MVC titles as much as I would have a 2014 NCAA FF.

LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          Doug Gottlieb, who for some reason has a massive reverse hardon for WSU this season and mentions us ad nauseam (deadhorse on SN), just interviewed Wookie Jr on his show.

The DG question: Who had the better year last year - WSU with the FF, or CU with the MVC titles?

The DM answer: Man, tough choice. I'd have to say I value our MVC titles as much as I would have a NCAA FF.

LOL!
                          .....I really hope you made this up

Comment

Doug Gottlieb, who for some reason has a massive reverse hardon for WSU this season and mentions us ad nauseam (deadhorse on SN), just interviewed Wookie Jr on his show.

The DG question: Who had the better year last year - WSU with the FF, or CU with the MVC titles?

The DM answer: Man, tough choice. I'd have to say I value our MVC titles as much as I would have a NCAA FF.

LOL!
                            Seriously? SoW would rather win a conference title than make the Mecca of college basketball? He's lying his arse off about that and he knows it.
                            Last edited by WuShock16; February 12, 2014, 03:41 PM.
                            78-65

Comment

The DM answer: Man, tough choice. I'd have to say I value our 2014 MVC titles as much as I would have a 2014 NCAA FF.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                                Seriously? SoW would rather win a conference title than make the Mecca of college basketball. He's lying his arse off about that and he knows it.
                                Yeah, but I don't fault SoW for saying that. It'd upset the fan base to say he'd rather have wsu's accomplishments. It's such a dumb question though.

Comment

Working...
                                X