No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like to measure the quality of a point guard by the teams success. JVV helped get to a final four, now an undefeated season and who knows what is next. dg has two NCAA second round losses. Done

Comment

• Not media love from the sports analysts, but Band of Horses just played live on KEXP Seattle and one of the members is rocking a WuShock tee!

Ben Bridwell, Ryan Monroe and Tyler Ramsey are performing their old hits in a new fashion: huddled around a single microphone. Enjoy "No One's Gonna Love You" in a way you haven't heard it before.
      andymooredesign.com

MTXE, SHOX!

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyMoore View Post
        Not media love from the sports analysts, but Band of Horses just played live on KEXP Seattle and one of the members is rocking a WuShock tee!

http://www.npr.org/event/music/28408...medium=twitter
        That is incredible. BoH is one of the best bands out there right now.

1. Dumpster world
        2. Feud
        3. Compliments

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
          I always think of him as a poor mans jake Odum.
          I just think of him as poor...period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
            If Gottlieb is consistent and everything is purely about "who have you played; who have you beat; who have you lost to" then why is the scoring margin even relevant?
            Gottlieb's rant today on his radio show was about how the Shockers 29 in non-con RPI is not as good as Syracuse's 126. He said it is because we played a non-division 1 game (he called that a genius way for us to boost our RPI) and because Syracuse had 6 buy games. He said every power team has to do a bunch of "buy games" and those games shouldn't count. In his opinion, they are auto wins. He said that the only games that matter on your schedule are the top teams you play (code for BCS teams) and Syracuse played more of them then we did.

The other really stupid thing he said today was that Northwestern (last place team in the BIG 10) would roll through the Valley. I think he better look at Northwestern's schedule and results. They lost at HOME to Illinois St. So much for rolling through the Valley.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
              The other really stupid thing he said today was that Northwestern (last place team in the BIG 10) would roll through the Valley. I think he better look at Northwestern's schedule and results. They lost at HOME to Illinois St. So much for rolling through the Valley.
              Just like how a 20+ loss BC team would be the seconded best team in the Valley, according to *******.

They will say ANYTHING to stick with their stance "WSU isn't that good" that they started to begin the season. No matter how foolish it makes them look.
              The Assman

Comment

• CONSPIRACY THEORY: Maybe ******* and Gottlieb secretly want WSU to win it all?? That's why they have been using reverse psychology on them all season!!

It all makes sense now :)
                The Assman

Comment

• Imagine an astronaut during mid-spacewalk. His tether breaks and he's floating past an outer appendage of the ship. He's trying desperately to grab it, but it's too far out of his reach. He's now drifting into outer space, never to been seen or heard from again.

Gottlieb is in the "trying desperately to grab it" stage.

Comment

Gottlieb's rant today on his radio show was about how the Shockers 29 in non-con RPI is not as good as Syracuse's 126. He said it is because we played a non-division 1 game (he called that a genius way for us to boost our RPI) and because Syracuse had 6 buy games. He said every power team has to do a bunch of "buy games" and those games shouldn't count. In his opinion, they are auto wins. He said that the only games that matter on your schedule are the top teams you play (code for BCS teams) and Syracuse played more of them then we did.

Listen to this podcast with Andy Glockner. Good discussion of analytics and extensive discussion of WSU.

@AndyGlockner: Lot of fun, this. Sloan, Wichita State, Will having sex (sort of) RT @William:fleitch: Today's podcast: http://www.sportsonearth.com/podcast/leitch_experience/68611508

Specific discussion of WSU starts at 22 minutes. Good discussion BPI before that.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/podcast/leitch_experience/68611508
                    Last edited by jocoshock; March 3, 2014, 04:48 PM.
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      Imagine an astronaut during mid-spacewalk. His tether breaks and he's floating past an outer appendage of the ship. He's trying desperately to grab it, but it's too far out of his reach. He's now drifting into outer space, never to been seen or heard from again.

Wasn't that movies about a chick?? Oh wait, I guess I can see that!!
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                        Wasn't that movies about a chick?? Oh wait, I guess I can see that!!
                        I don't know if that analogy matches up with a movie, but the plot twist is that we find out his tether didn't really break. It was cut by Bob Lutz, with help from Andy Glockner and Mike Decourcy.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Imagine an astronaut during mid-spacewalk. His tether breaks and he's floating past an outer appendage of the ship. He's trying desperately to grab it, but it's too far out of his reach. He's now drifting into outer space, never to been seen or heard from again.

Except he's nowhere near as sexy as a Sandra Bullock. And George clooney is smart enough to just let him go.

Comment

• This is all a way for him to try and boost ratings and get attention...and we are falling for it. His mentor Jim Rome did the same thing when he was getting started, anyone remember 'Chrissy Everett"?

Comment

• At what point are you people that are still paying attention to that guy going to do something about it? Call KFH, email them, tweet at them, and let them know you are switching over to 1410 (or even worse, 810 out of KC) instead of listening to their programing?

If you really want to get back at the idiot make him lose a market. It isn't a big one but I guarantee you he will have to defend it in a meeting. It will at least make it real.

Comment

He's gone so far off the rails with this one that I have to wonder what his ratings have looked like lately. It may be that he's trying to pull in new listeners. Because honestly, there are a large number of power conference fans that will eat this **** up. Look at he comments under any article that mentions us. There are tons of mindless morons all parroting the same thing.

I also think that the next step, once we get our one seed, is that he starts railing on the NCAA. The last thing I want to listen to is another moron preaching about a split in division 1 basketball. He practically already he is.

Edit: And now I see that @boyshocker: already said mostly the same thing. That's why I should read all the way to the end before I post.

Comment

Working...
                                X