Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
    At what point are you people that are still paying attention to that guy going to do something about it? Call KFH, email them, tweet at them, and let them know you are switching over to 1410 (or even worse, 810 out of KC) instead of listening to their programing?

If you really want to get back at the idiot make him lose a market. It isn't a big one but I guarantee you he will have to defend it in a meeting. It will at least make it real.
    Unless he's a package deal with Jim Rome. Then there's no way they'll drop him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
      If the ratings drop, they will. Ratings are everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        CONSPIRACY THEORY: Maybe ******* and Gottlieb secretly want WSU to win it all?? That's why they have been using reverse psychology on them all season!!

It all makes sense now :)
        Exactly...Bash Angry!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
          At least Jim is entertaining.

A dick? Yes.
          Funny? You bet.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
            At what point are you people that are still paying attention to that guy going to do something about it? Call KFH, email them, tweet at them, and let them know you are switching over to 1410 (or even worse, 810 out of KC) instead of listening to their programing?

If you really want to get back at the idiot make him lose a market. It isn't a big one but I guarantee you he will have to defend it in a meeting. It will at least make it real.
            THIS!!!!!! IF IT'S BULLS&%T THEN DON'T SUPPORT IT!!!!!!!!!!! EMAIL KFH AND THEN CHANGE THE CHANNEL!
            "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• FYI - George Dunham, co-host of "The Musers" on 1310 Ticket in Dallas, reported on his annual March Madness marathon kickoff weekend in which he watches 40 hours straight of NCAA bball. He started his report with "the most controversial team in college basketball, the 31-0 undefeated Wichita State Shockers". He covered the ongoing discussion of - y'know if Syracuse and WSU traded schedules, yadayadayada, and said you could really only speculate because of the variables in the equation, like the "5 good/bad games scenario during a season" & nothing really could be proven or discounted. He expressed a little disbelief that a team coming off a F4 with so many returning players would not be considered an obvious #1 especially being 31-0/34-0. I thought it a pretty much unbiased and middle of the road commentary, but then to cap it off, he did stress that the SHOX were "real, real good" and "very, very fun to watch because of their great half-court sets, rock solid defense" and on and on and on...... ending by saying "and that coach, HCGM has got to be a genius". !!!

Pretty cool that my hometown SHOX are rockin the BigD airwaves.

Hoping to bring Marshalltown to Jerryworld!!!!!
              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
              - said no one ever...

Comment

• Those of you still listening to Gottlieb's radio show are doing exactly what makes trolls like him successful.

Don't contribute to his game. It doesn't matter if you love him or if you hate him ... if you're listening, he wins.

Like Rosewood said: Stop listening, and tell the radio station why. And get everyone you know to do the same thing.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/espn/dickvitale/story/_/id/10545707/roundball-chatter?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Dari Nowkah and Cory Alexander take a shot at forecasting the No. 1 seeds in the NCAA tournament after an upset-filled weekend in college basketball.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                    Gottlieb's rant today on his radio show was about how the Shockers 29 in non-con RPI is not as good as Syracuse's 126. He said it is because we played a non-division 1 game (he called that a genius way for us to boost our RPI) and because Syracuse had 6 buy games. He said every power team has to do a bunch of "buy games" and those games shouldn't count. In his opinion, they are auto wins. He said that the only games that matter on your schedule are the top teams you play (code for BCS teams) and Syracuse played more of them then we did.

The other really stupid thing he said today was that Northwestern (last place team in the BIG 10) would roll through the Valley. I think he better look at Northwestern's schedule and results. They lost at HOME to Illinois St. So much for rolling through the Valley.
                    At this point, it's obvious it's just become personal for Goob. He's acting like a teenage girl on her menstrual cycle. He couldn't take the WSU fans who pointed out that Scott City, Iowa didn't exist and he's been crying ever since. He's now to the point where no rational thought is put into any of his diatribe. It's simply mindless banter, that makes him feel better about himself. I don't even think he believes half the **** he's tooting now. It's all to get even with the evil twitterers that have destroyed his life.

And for the record, I haven't listened to one second of his show, minus the Lutz interview (and that was a podcast). I agree that nobody should be listening to him on the radio or podcast anymore. It's simply a waste of time and just not interesting anymore.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I don't believe Gottlieb feels one way or the other about WSU when it comes right down to it.

He's found a story to ride to get him attention. He's just using the niche he's built attacking WSU this season to be his storyline. He gets attention, he gets on radio shows, he gets on TV ... he wins.

At the end of the day, either he's right or he's laughably wrong, but how many people outside of WSU fans will remember if he's ridiculously wrong? He'd make some half-assed acknowledgement and move on. Meanwhile he already enjoyed the publicity bump, and all he's done is piss off a medium sized city that probably won't even react enough to get him off the air in its own city.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rlh04d;471085
                        Meanwhile he already enjoyed the publicity bump, and all he's done is piss off a medium sized city that probably won't even react enough to get him off the air in its own city.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not enough to get him off the air, but Lord help him if he ever has to call a game here...

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                          Maybe not enough to get him off the air, but Lord help him if he ever has to call a game here...
                          NOT AN EX PERT CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP

Comment

• VISA MASTERCARD CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP.

Comment

• Rather listen to Colin Cowherd than Gottlieb

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                                I don't believe Gottlieb feels one way or the other about WSU when it comes right down to it.

He's found a story to ride to get him attention. He's just using the niche he's built attacking WSU this season to be his storyline. He gets attention, he gets on radio shows, he gets on TV ... he wins.

At the end of the day, either he's right or he's laughably wrong, but how many people outside of WSU fans will remember if he's ridiculously wrong? He'd make some half-assed acknowledgement and move on. Meanwhile he already enjoyed the publicity bump, and all he's done is piss off a medium sized city that probably won't even react enough to get him off the air in its own city.
                                I think he really believes it.

Comment

Working...
                                X