No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dcyDS?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter& utm_campaign=college-basketball

As the first full week of March begins, the madness in college basketball is just kicking off. While some of the top programs in the nation still have a week left in the regular ...

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
      Rather listen to Colin Cowherd than Gottlieb
      So much this. Colin doesn't care about College Basketball outside of tourney time and he has little use for Wichita State. The difference is Colin will just come out and say it and back it up with consistent and solid reasoning. It would have nothing to do with anything other than he and ESPN get better ratings when Ohio State is dominating, not Wichita State. Colin is a bottom line guy that is pretty devoid of emotion. You can tell that DG is invested in this. I guarantee you that if Shocker fans went after Cowherd he wouldn't even notice. With DG I have the feeling the poor sad bastard has even come here. That would be pretty pathetic. But you can just listen to him and know he really took Lutz's article and the hate on twitter personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
        Those of you still listening to Gottlieb's radio show are doing exactly what makes trolls like him successful.

Don't contribute to his game. It doesn't matter if you love him or if you hate him ... if you're listening, he wins.

Like Rosewood said: Stop listening, and tell the radio station why. And get everyone you know to do the same thing.
        This! Can we implement a voluntary temporary ban on all Gottlieb discussion on ShockerNet? I have already quit listening to his radio program and reading his tweets, and I feel so much better. However, I read ShockerNet for excellent insight on Shocker Basketball, and all this chatter about a twit like Gottlieb just pollutes this board. There's a stench to it. Go Gottlieb free, you will feel much better. I am so over Gottlieb I don't care what the moron says or does.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Must read

WICHITA, Kan. — He made drug busts and responded to gang fights deep into the night, rarely finishing his shift with the Rockford, Ill., Police Department before 2 a.m...

Comment

• That is an incredible story.

Comment

• Wow! With college basketball filled with spoon fed athletes that have been told they will be great from very young ages (see Kentucky) it just makes Fred's story that much more incredible. He really is a perfect fit fir this team. I love the success the Shox are experiencing but I love how they are doing it even more.
              "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Wow. I love this team and the players on it. FVV's story really puts some things into perspective.
                “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  I think he really believes it.
                  He specifically told Bob Lutz and Bruce Heartl that he never says anything he doesn't totally believe.

Comment

• I know I'm selfish and want the shox to pull off a miracle this year. But now I want it more for Fred than anything else.

Comment

• Wow. Jason King deserves an award for that article. And while Fred is the star, Joe Danforth is the hero.

Comment

• He who shall not be named called into Sports Daily again this morning out of nowhere. I turned it off after a few minutes, but it sounded like Bruce and Bob steered the conversation away from the Shockers from the get go.

Comment

• How do you spell obsession? Apparently not the way we thought.

Comment

• Since we wrapped up 31-0, this poor individual's rants have really been revealed as desperate for attention and annoyingly one-note.

He is actively talking down the skills of a player who is a semi-finalist for the Naismith Award and a front-runner for the Cousy award.

Just by virtue of that, he is not worth listening to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                              He who shall not be named called into Sports Daily again this morning out of nowhere. I turned it off after a few minutes, but it sounded like Bruce and Bob steered the conversation away from the Shockers from the get go.
                              Seriously? You are talking about the national-level tool that is mentioned in about 1 out of 15 posts on SN over the past few weeks? That guy called our local show because he couldn't find his penis yet again?

What a small, small man.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Wow. Jason King deserves an award for that article. And while Fred is the star, Joe Danforth is the hero.
                                Yep, that was a really nice article and well written. I'm fairly certain after reading this that Fred will stick around for the full four year scholarship ride, regardless of the number of NBA scouts nicking at his heals and the national championships the Shox win while he's at the point!

Comment

Working...
                                X