No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• During a winter that's been abnormally cold and rough for most of the country, it's good to know that college basketball is still a source of warmth and comfort...
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Wow, she's easy on my eyes! I like the Shocker background banner with Fred, Cle and WuShock. Two thumbs up!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gNj0T4u...53DgNj0T4uK3lE
      Was there something about basketball in that original clip? I hadn't noticed.
      "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
        Was there something about basketball in that original clip? I hadn't noticed.
        Hmmm, wonder why?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• ESPN - "Weekend homework: Shockers' Kryptonite?"

Everyone, it seems, has an opinion about Wichita State. The Shockers aren’t just one of the two hottest teams in the nation; they are the hot-button team.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
            ESPN - "Weekend homework: Shockers' Kryptonite?"

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...ng-the-squeeze
            And to a large degree she's right. Our games with Evansville make me far more nervous than they should. I still think that we win this one, but I will be drinking heavily Sunday afternoon just in case.

Comment

• 1. Doug McDermott, Creighton: The Arbitrarily Capitalized Doug McDermott Awesomeness Tracker will be shorter than usual this week, and not just because we here at ACMcDAT Industries are wary of repeating the same mind-bending statistics week in and week out.

Cle stays at 6 in Brennan's Wooden Watch. My favorite part is that he used Cle being good as a chance to talk about how much he loves HCGM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                I have the same reservations with Evansville. Marty's high motion questionable screen offense is a booger for us to defend. We may have to give up a few fouls and bludgeon a couple of screeners to soften them up.
                I know we haven't been able to put some of our reserves into late game situations recently (score has been too close) and if we get a really good lead, Marshall may want to give them court time -- BUT if we get the chance I'm all for putting the foot on the neck and not taking it off. Not anything against Marty or the Aces -- just time to make a statement if the opportunity presents itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                  And to a large degree she's right. Our games with Evansville make me far more nervous than they should. I still think that we win this one, but I will be drinking heavily Sunday afternoon just in case.
                  I've got primo seats at the Justin Timberlake concert that night to take off the edge.

Comment

• I'm not going to give him his own thread, however Coach Self can lick the cheese off my scrotum.

At his press conference: "Everyone has tough losses. Everyone. Syracuse is the only one that hasn't had tough losses. And I guess Wichita State."

You guess? Like you guess you're wearing a rug? Everyone knows I have a ton of respect for Coach Self, but he can go to hell with that comment. You guess? Eff you Bill. Now I want to kick their ass.

Comment

• What? Bill wears a rug????? Bwahahahaha!!! Nobody in my family believes me. That wolverine is so obviously ready to crawl off his head. What a stupid comment.

And my KU friends wonder why shocker fans hate KU.

Comment

• Not really "media love", but Kip Moore had a shoutout for the team, tonight at the Lady Antebellum concert.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          I'm not going to give him his own thread, however Coach Self can lick the cheese off my scrotum.

At his press conference: "Everyone has tough losses. Everyone. Syracuse is the only one that hasn't had tough losses. And I guess Wichita State."

You guess? Like you guess you're wearing a rug? Everyone knows I have a ton of respect for Coach Self, but he can go to hell with that comment. You guess? Eff you Bill. Now I want to kick their ass.
                          Bill, in general, is a pretty genuine guy. He actually helped push a friend of mine's car from the snow just last year. However, he's got another thing coming if he "guesses"

Guessing doesn't make winners.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• I get so f***** tired of all the uneducated JoCo people who never played competitive basketball who think they know a gosh dang thing about the game of basketball.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I'm not going to give him his own thread, however Coach Self can lick the cheese off my scrotum.

Saw that clip too.

KU fans hate Marshall because he doesn't act the right way and Billy is just a god and always says the right things. If Marshall had said this in this situation, there'd be a 32 page thread on the KU boards about it already.

Eff those hypocritical douchenozzles.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Saw that too and when he said Wichita State he kind of rolled his eyes
                                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                                X