No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoxmvc, you've spent just as much time and energy on this as I have, which I imagine isn't much. Maybe you just shouldn't worry your so-reasonable self about me making a comment on a self imposed ban and your comments about the same.

You are coming across way condescending and obviously didn't get the irony in commenting on others comments. Exactly: it is a fan board. Quit trying to police things.

Edit: do you owe KCShox money?

Comment

• Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
      Huh? You quoted a WSU SOS for 2012 (very good) and 2013 (not as good). I had looked up the 2012-2013 SOS on collegerpi.com and saw that it was 91, which isn't leaps and bounds better than ours this year.
      Yes, my argument was based on the assumption that the SOS last year was much better. I supported it by ken Pom numbers. I hadn't looked at RPI SOS. I agree that the RPI shows a significantly lesser difference. Not sure why. I agree that my argument is less obvious when looking at RPI numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        Sometimes you make it hard to like you, but I still do. Try having a dialogue without having to access the analytical part of your brain. A conversation can include some basic and general talking points without having to be 100.0000000000% accurate and still be a solid discussion. I'm not going to go all-Fev or anything, because like I said "I like you in general," and appreciate your strengths, which are analytics...but take a ride on the wild side from time-to-time...it's fun!!!
        I don't understand your criticism. If you ignore the whole RPI vs Kenpom thingy since it wasnt on my mind for my original post, my point was rather simple and obvious... You can't claim the Shox overcame something (in this case, a weak SOS) last year if in fact, they didnt play a weak SOS last year.

Why is that controversial?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
          Yes, my argument was based on the assumption that the SOS last year was much better. I supported it by ken Pom numbers. I hadn't looked at RPI SOS. I agree that the RPI shows a significantly lesser difference. Not sure why. I agree that my argument is less obvious when looking at RPI numbers.
          RPI fully supports the argument that the SOS this year and last were "the same." Kenpom is notably different. It doesn't matter! The truth is that SOS has almost nothing to do with your chance to go on a run in the dance. An actual indicator is offensive and defensive rating. I believe we are in the top 10 or 20 in both, which happens to where most NCAA champs rank over previous years.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
            Shoxmvc, you've spent just as much time and energy on this as I have, which I imagine isn't much. Maybe you just shouldn't worry your so-reasonable self about me making a comment on a self imposed ban and your comments about the same.

You are coming across way condescending and obviously didn't get the irony in commenting on others comments. Exactly: it is a fan board. Quit trying to police things.
            Yea, you're right, it can seem that I'm coming across as condescending. I'm just having fun with you, because it's a fan board. My hands are wringing with perspiration, by the way, anticipating the poll that I assume is forthcoming (**sarcasm**). Don't want you to get all bent out of shape and all. See how this fan board thing is working?

Comment

I don't understand your criticism. If you ignore the whole RPI vs Kenpom thingy since it wasnt on my mind for my original post, my point was rather simple and obvious... You can't claim the Shox overcame something (in this case, a weak SOS) last year if in fact, they didnt play a weak SOS last year.

Why is that controversial?
              I understand that you don't understand. That's ok. And, by the way, there is no controversy on my part.

Comment

Yea, you're right, it can seem that I'm coming across as condescending. I'm just having fun with you, because it's a fan board. My hands are wringing with perspiration, by the way, anticipating the poll that I assume is forthcoming (**sarcasm**). Don't want you to get all bent out of shape and all. See how this fan board thing is working?
                EO was the best center at Wichita in the past 10 years!!! Thoughts?
                Livin the dream

Comment

Wow.

I think KCShox should honor his promise. You don't. It's a free country. Thus is last I'm going to say about it. On this thread. You are really coming off as quite an ass.

Comment

I think it is pretty amazing. ;-)
                    Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                    Act like you've been there before, right? ;-)
                    I appreciate that we have found agreement on some things in the last 24 hours, but cut it down on the winking. It's creeping me out.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      RPI fully supports the argument that the SOS this year and last were "the same." Kenpom is notably different. It doesn't matter! The truth is that SOS has almost nothing to do with your chance to go on a run in the dance. An actual indicator is offensive and defensive rating. I believe we are in the top 10 or 20 in both, which happens to where most NCAA champs rank over previous years.
                      I agree that SOS does not have much to do with NCAA success.

I was simply criticizing a specific point that assumed last year's team had a bad SOS like this year's does.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        Wow.

I think KCShox should honor his promise. You don't. It's a free country. Thus is last I'm going to say about it. On this thread. You are really coming off as quite an ass.
                        To you.

I don't care either way ABC. I just didn't think this conversation would send your pulse rate to 61. Move on brother as I will.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          EO was the best center at Wichita in the past 10 years!!! Thoughts?
                          Your close. He was absolutely, without refute, the best Shocker center on the floor during the 9 minute a game average over his 3 years.

One of the all-time greatest young men as well.

Comment

I agree that SOS does not have much to do with NCAA success.

I was simply criticizing a specific point that assumed last year's team had a bad SOS like this year's does.
                            It's a straw man argument. Best not to get into that debate…especially with statistics.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

According to Kenpom

WSU 2012 SOS: 41
                              Florida 2013 SOS: 41
                              WSU 2013 SOS: 136

The "didn't hurt them last year" point isn't based in reality. Last year they didn't have a soft SOS.

Not trying to say anything about this year's chances. Just trying to point out that that specific "great point" is not very well thought out.
                              Not a apples to apples comparison. 2012 numbers contain the NCAA opponents.

Comment

• KC Shox VOLUNTARILY set up his own bet, by himself. He thought it was a for sure thing that WSU wasn't going undefeated, so he didn't have to worry about it. Well, when you constantly try to be an ass on here, and then lose a bet to yourself that you thought you had no chance of losing, the flack towards KC is all justified. Nobody forced him to type what he typed. Perhaps, it will serve him a lesson for next time, although WSU could win 10 National Titles in a row and he'd still find something to b*tch about.

It doesn't take much balls to stop posting after the season's over. Anybody could do that. It's the offseason. Starting the ban after the undefeated regular season would make the most sense. But whatever. KC will always spin something around to favor him, even though he comes off very Aces1982-esque.

Make no mistake about it. It seems bad that people are piling up on him after such a great thing last night. But he's the one who did it. And if he wants to hold any shred of dignity left on this site, he'll honor it.

And I guess he hopes WSU doesn't win the National Championship. Because apparently, he's going to be dancing naked in the streets somewhere. I guess you better be careful what you type next time KC. Or better yet, start respecting your team a little bit more.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X