• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
    According to Kenpom

WSU 2012 SOS: 41
    Florida 2013 SOS: 41
    WSU 2013 SOS: 136

The "didn't hurt them last year" point isn't based in reality. Last year they didn't have a soft SOS.

Not trying to say anything about this year's chances. Just trying to point out that that specific "great point" is not very well thought out.
    Sometimes you make it hard to like you, but I still do. Try having a dialogue without having to access the analytical part of your brain. A conversation can include some basic and general talking points without having to be 100.0000000000% accurate and still be a solid discussion. I'm not going to go all-Fev or anything, because like I said "I like you in general," and appreciate your strengths, which are analytics...but take a ride on the wild side from time-to-time...it's fun!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
      Keep scratching your head. We disagree about my disagreement apparently. Maybe you need to get over people wanting KCShox to honor his promise. KCShox is in a class by himself and he volunteered for the ban.
      Maybe you should volunteer to have a sense of humor, take 3 deep breaths and move on to something important...just sayin.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
        Marshall/Knight SC Sunday Conversation
        http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=105...espnapi_public
        Confirmation: HCGM already knows exactly wtf he is doing.

Comment

• the SOS from last year is very valid.

With Creighton on the schedule we were "better" by about 10 points

Sure we had 3 'good" wins (Creighton, Detroit and VCU) But hell, our OOC was rated worse than this year.

Comment

Keep scratching your head. We disagree about my disagreement apparently. Maybe you need to get over people wanting KCShox to honor his promise. KCShox is in a class by himself and he volunteered for the ban.
            The nice thing about ShockerNet is that we can have it both ways. You have the choice of putting @KCShox: on ignore and enforce the ban on an individual basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
              Maybe you should volunteer to have a sense of humor, take 3 deep breaths and move on to somethinGg important...just sayin.
              Maybe you should go f&4% yourself. HAHA Get over yourself already. I type this with a pulse rate of 60 beats per minute. Just sayin' that you should quit obsessing over KCShox self-imposed ban or lack thereof.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                The nice thing about ShockerNet is that we can have it both ways. You have the choice of putting @KCShox: on ignore and enforce the ban on an individual basis.
                I wish I would have thought about saying that, because I really don't want to go to war with ABC about it...that's why you are 1972Shocker!!!

Comment

Maybe you should go f&4% yourself. HAHA Get over yourself already. I type this with a pulse rate of 60 beats per minute. Just sayin' that you should quit obsessing over KCShox self-imposed ban or lack thereof.
                  I'm not exactly sure how to f&4% myself. Sounds interesting though.

I'm glad you have a pulse rate of 60.

You probably should get a grip on what obsessing means.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                    I'm not exactly sure how to f&4% myself. Sounds interesting though.

I'm glad you have a pulse rate of 60.

You probably should get a grip on what obsessing means.
                    I made one comment about his self-imposed ban and then have responded to your comments about my comments. Maybe you should get a grip on commenting on other comments. I'm hardly the only one that noted that KCShox isn't honoring his promise.

Comment

• How about this. Let's do a Shockernet poll whether KCShox should uphold his self-imposed ban. I PROMISE I won't say another thing about it, regardless of the poll outcome.

Comment

I made one comment about his self-imposed ban and then have responded to your comments about my comments. Maybe you should get a grip on commenting on other comments. I'm hardly the only one that noted that KCShox isn't honoring his promise.
                        Yea, but you're so much fun to rib about it. Please don't spoil my fun.

And about commenting on other comments...pst, ABC, here is a secret for you that nobody else knows...it's a fan board. That's what we do on fan boards...comment on comments. And when you comment on my comment (because we both know you will...and still maintain a 60 beat heart rate by the way) you will be participating in a fan board. See that is how it works. I'm sure you will get the hang of it eventually.

And about KCShox not honoring his promise...I'll go tell the teacher right away and we will get this thing handled post-haste.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                          According to Kenpom

WSU 2012 SOS: 41
                          Florida 2013 SOS: 41
                          WSU 2013 SOS: 136

The "didn't hurt them last year" point isn't based in reality. Last year they didn't have a soft SOS.

Not trying to say anything about this year's chances. Just trying to point out that that specific "great point" is not very well thought out.
                          The oxymoron of the whole SOS debate is that we actually hurt our SOS because we win. Last year we lost some games that actually helped our RPI--Creighton twice--and hence, our SOS. Were we to have won those games, those teams RPI would have suffered and weakened our own in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            You probably need to clarify the respective season years a little better, because right now your point is not all that clear.
                            I have no idea what you are talking about. My point was unclear? I thought I was pretty blunt.

Comment

How about this. Let's do a Shockernet poll whether KCShox should uphold his self-imposed ban. I PROMISE I won't say another thing about it, regardless of the poll outcome.
                              You are hilarious. You have spent, I don't know how much, brain power and effort pointing the finger about "obsessing" about KCShox's broken promise of a self-ban and then jump on the obsessive bandwagon to suggest a poll about it. "ABC, Dr. Phil on line 2." You better recheck your pulse.

Comment

And RPI has WSU's SOS as 107 this year and 102 last year. It makes it a pain, but it's gotten to the point that anyone citing one set of #s needs to provide another set for context. I realize KenPom is highly respected, but he isn't the only good number cruncher.
                                I am beginning to realize that WSU's SOS differential between Kenpom and RPI is possibly the greatest differential of any team in the country. In most cases, they are fairly close to agreeing with each other. I wonder what it is that is causing this huge difference?

Personally, Ill still consider Kenpom more accurate because it considers waaaaay more variables than does the RPI. Cant ignore the RPI because the committee uses it, but if we are talking strictly about our own analysis, not the committees, then Kenpom it is, atleast for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X