No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @JasonKingBR: Love watching coaches like Self, Calipari & Gregg Marshall (today) run practice. Harder than games. No wonder their teams are so tough.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• @AlexGold: Darius Carter ( @DCarter12_ ) has been named @MVCSports: Newcomer of the week. #shockers #watchus

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        I remember Marshall saying that he believed Cotton would be a 1000-point scorer, when Cotton was a freshman.

Cotton is on pace to score 1000 points. He's at 645. At slightly below his current average (say, 10) over his remaining career (say, 41), Cotton would end up with 1055 career points. I am hopeful that Cotton will average more than 10ppg for the rest of his career (the trend line indicates this is extremely likely). I am hopeful that Cotton will have an opportunity to play in more than 41 more games the rest of his career (the trend line indicates this is likely). I hope that Cotton remains healthy for the rest of his career (not really a trend, just an observation: Cotton is a BAMF).
        If Tekele reaches a 1,000 points he will not only be a BAMF but he will be a SHOF member as well. Even I he doesn't score a grand he should be in the SHOF down the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          If Tekele reaches a 1,000 points he will not only be a BAMF but he will be a SHOF member as well. Even I he doesn't score a grand he should be in the SHOF down the line.
          Took me a while to figure out BAMF, but yeah. He could own a couple records like games, wins and minutes. I think he epitomizes the Marshall era, and is the poster boy for hard work and dedication.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
            Took me a while to figure out BAMF, but yeah. He could own a couple records like games, wins and minutes. I think he epitomizes the Marshall era, and is the poster boy for hard work and dedication.
            In most contexts "BAMF" would have left me scratching my head. With Tekele, I just nodded.
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• It's amazing how much one whistle can change the perception of a team. When Jim Boeheim was asked how his players would handle two straight losses on Saturday after the loss at Duke, he joked that they might as well just quit playing...
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• debate about who should get a #1 seed, WSU or KU

Jordan Cornette representing for the good guys

Comment

• Did anyone hear the discussion about the Shox, during the KU/OU halftime?
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                    Did anyone hear the discussion about the Shox, during the KU/OU halftime?
                    More importantly, did anyone hear the discussion about the Shox during the Suns/Rockets game last night?
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Yes. Seth Greenberg said we deserved Number 1 seed. The other guy played devil's advocate saying KU was more deserving and asked how can you justify WSU with KU's schedule?

Set's answer was simple: 6 losses for KU...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fuente 858 View Post
                        debate about who should get a #1 seed, WSU or KU

Jordan Cornette representing for the good guys

http://campusinsiders.com/videos/Vsc...LcL0y6_VD-zXzh
                        Josh Klinger is from 610 sports in KC.

Comment

• When John Buccigross and Stuart Scott were plugging the game tomorrow, John was mentioning how the game featured Stuart's "favorite player in college basketball" (or something to that effeft), CLEANTHONY EARLY!!!

"DON'T BE LATE, BE CLEANTHONY"

This isn't the first time we have heard love from Stuart. He once mention earlier in the year the Cle and FVV were two of his favorite names in college basketball and his dudes. Gotta love Stuart.
                          The Assman

Comment

I did. I loved having Seth Greenberg on our side. He always gets the last word in. I really didn't like the way espn started the discussion by assuming that Syracuse, Florida and Arizona would basically win out and be #1 seeds, leaving our slot as the only one up for grabs.

Comment

• The fact of the matter is WSU and KU have higher chances of both being 1 seeds than Florida, SU, and Arizona all being a one seed.

Maybe not much higher, but I would certainly think they would be.
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Probably doesn't go here, but I'm sure many of you got an email today about the autographed basketball on line auction. If you didn't happen to check the price, it's up to $2700.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Working...
                                X