No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I posted this in the Vote for Gregg Marshall thread also. Last night KWCH ran a couple of spots about WSU besides sports. One was on voting for HC3G2L and the Wichita Childrens Home and why he chose them as the beneficiary. I hope the other stations pick up on the story and get the word out. Also Roger Cornish was wearing a WSU golf shirt when he did the Answer Back 12 segment. I really like the bright light being put on our University.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
      I see your point but why not just say "I think they could compete at the highest levels of ANY conference."
      Valid point. Could and probably should have, but given the audience, and the question coming out of left field, he probably didn't think it all the way through. Kind of like HCGM and his mighty Spartans comment.
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• HCGM is supposed to be on sports daily this Monday morning at 1020 am

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
          HCGM is supposed to be on sports daily this Monday morning at 1020 am
          Thank you. Good reason to exit a conf call early.

Comment

• Dennis Dodd, CBS Sports, has a nice article on why the Shox ought to be No. 1 today: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...be-ranked-no-1

Comment

• Just a reminder that this is the media "love" thread. Seems to be a lot of people obsessed over Gottlieb, MSU, and other negative comments.

Best season in school history, and you guys are focused on the haters? What is you? Ignant?
              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                HCGM is supposed to be on sports daily this Monday morning at 1020 am
                Anything noteworthy?

Comment

• Same stuff about schedule. Did have an interesting insight into recruiting Cotton. Chad Dollar, who was from Atlanta brought him to Marshall's attention. Marshall said that with the right team and coach Cotton could become an all-around great player, 1,000 point scorer etc. Marshall took the high road on everything.

Comment

• That is the nicest that I have ever heard Bob. Thinkin that Jeff reads this board. No new material from anybody, but a good listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                      Just a reminder that this is the media "love" thread. Seems to be a lot of people obsessed over Gottlieb, MSU, and other negative comments.

Best season in school history, and you guys are focused on the haters? What is you? Ignant?
                      what's love got to do with it?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=jpELU5n6II6PkAeO1oDgD g&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DPu8KFlfzk3Y%26feature%3Dkp&cd=1&ved=0C CcQyCkwAA&usg=AFQjCNEE2KUE4pnJ4WQHYNUH43j6kN4oXw

Comment

Just a reminder that this is the media "love" thread. Seems to be a lot of people obsessed over Gottlieb, MSU, and other negative comments.

what's love got to do with it?

Comment

• Got to do with it, got to do with it...

Comment

What's love, but second hand emotion?

Comment

Not me Kai, here's another "love" story: http://www.nj.com/college-basketball...ketball_1.html

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                                Same stuff about schedule. Did have an interesting insight into recruiting Cotton. Chad Dollar, who was from Atlanta brought him to Marshall's attention. Marshall said that with the right team and coach Cotton could become an all-around great player, 1,000 point scorer etc. Marshall took the high road on everything.
                                I remember Marshall saying that he believed Cotton would be a 1000-point scorer, when Cotton was a freshman.

Cotton is on pace to score 1000 points. He's at 645. At slightly below his current average (say, 10) over his remaining career (say, 41), Cotton would end up with 1055 career points. I am hopeful that Cotton will average more than 10ppg for the rest of his career (the trend line indicates this is extremely likely). I am hopeful that Cotton will have an opportunity to play in more than 41 more games the rest of his career (the trend line indicates this is likely). I hope that Cotton remains healthy for the rest of his career (not really a trend, just an observation: Cotton is a BAMF).

Comment

Working...
                                X