Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
    @EnthusiAdams: Only team to improve or maintain RPI for 7 straight seasons? Wichita State- 198-160-49-35-18-18-7
    Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
    So this will be our 5th consecutive season to finish as a top 50 RPI team?

I guess that kinda hurts the KU argument that WSU should show some staying power as a decent team before expecting to get a series with KU. 5 seasons is more than a flash in the pan, and lets not forget that WSU has been top 100 in 9 of the past 11 seasons!

The following teams are currently in the top 25 of Kenpom and have finished likewise each year since the 2010-11 season:

Duke
    Florida
    Kansas
    Louisville
    Ohio St
    Syracuse
    Wisconsin

And.................................
    your Wichita State Shockers!

Comment

• Seriously, I'm staying to think Goatlube has money on the shocks and he's just trying to provide them plenty of motivational material.

I mean, now it's just laughable.
      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• The only thing he's good at is talking over other people. Anyone that has him on their show should have a mute button for his mic.

Comment

• It's pretty obvious now he's just trying to be "that guy". His show is awful... it was even before he decided to go on this never ending rant about wsu.

Comment

• I also like how he keeps saying that he rewards teams, as if he has any input into the process whatsoever. He doesn't have the ability to reward anything. What a giant ego he has.

Comment

• Does he think he is the next Billy Packer. that might be unfair to Billy.

nah its not

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox151 View Post
                Does he think he is the next Billy Packer. that might be unfair to Billy.

nah its not
                I think that's exactly what he thinks. I hope that they don't put him on the selection show, but they might just to stir up a little controversy. Just once, I want to see the committee chair dress down someone for acting like an ass over their bracket. I remember watching the selection show back in '06 and when Packer went off on the chair and he just sat there and took it. I couldn't help but think that if some one did that to me at work in front of a large group of people, and they were that far out of line, it would be open season.

Comment

• What an explosive dynamic that the Shox have been placed in - at no fault of their own. Clowns like ******* and Gottlieb are on a personal witch hunt to disparage and trivialize our accomplishments.

They are chomping at the bit for the Shox to go 2 & Q in March Madness, so on Monday morning, they can get on TV and point fingers and tell everyone "I told you so". The mere thought of these two phucks posting their respective articles on CBS Sports and ESPN about our early elimination makes me ill. They'll be glossing themselves and chest bumping each other while making sure anyone willing to listen, know how smart they are.

It's clear ******* doesn't like GM and DG is all butthurt because Shocker fans called him out and made him look like a dumber. Their rants toward us is transparent. It no longer involves genuine analysis of our strengths and weaknesses (which I would be fine with). It has gone personal based on emotions they have for either our coach and/or our fans. They can attempt to veil their personal vendetta by raising the SOS trump card, but that's the simpleton's way out.

The Shox can give these two clowns a big fat crap burger to eat and there in lies the dynamic. I don't know what I'd love more, a National Championship or seeing these two 'experts' incur their comeuppance and on the national stage, suddenly turn into the village idiot. Neutrality may happen, a Sweet 16 appearance probably reverts everyone feeling like they won a free lottery ticket on a scratch off. But 2 & Q, they win. Elite 8 or better, we win.

It's going to be an exciting postseason, and there is no other program in the nation right now that will carry with them as much drama as the Shox. Undefeated record, somewhat controversial number 1 seed, the underdog from a mid major conference, and a couple of dip$hits who are foaming at the mouth to pile on. Stock up on your blood pressure meds because it's about to get real up in here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                    I also like how he keeps saying that he rewards teams, as if he has any input into the process whatsoever. He doesn't have the ability to reward anything. What a giant ego he has.
                    Just to save myself, I didn't bother listening to that, so I may very well be taking the quote out of context. But he says that he "rewards teams". Then WTF is WSU to him, who aren't solely dependent on any one player, and can have any given guy have the biggest hand in beating you on any given night? I kind of thought that balance like that describes "team", but I must be wrong again

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                      For those of us who aren't insiders, could someone list ESPN / Gasaway's top 10? (Just a list, no writeups, for all you IP lawyers out there.) I'd like to see the company FVV is keeping these days.
                      #1 Doug McDermott
                      #2 Jabari Parker
                      #3 Russ Smith
                      #4 Marcus Smart
                      #5 FVV
                      #6 Sean Kilpatrick
                      #7 Jordan Adams
                      #8 Nik Stauskus
                      #9 Shabazz Napier
                      #10 Andrew Wiggins

About FVV: VanVleet has recorded what may justly be termed a near-perfect season for a pass-first point guard. Coaches can put a frame around this season, point to it and say simply, "Do what VanVleet did."Gregg Marshall's 5-11 floor general hasn't committed more than two turnovers in a game in over a month. VanVleet can step forward as a scorer if necessary -- in one three-game stretch in February he put up 55 points -- but in a rotation that came close to
                      sweeping the first-team All-Missouri Valley balloting, that usually isn't necessary. VanVleet is also a highly disruptive defender. When Evansville looked ready to challenge the Shockers in the first half of an MVC tournament quarterfinal Friday, WSU's sophomore quickly showed Cinderella the door with steals on back-to-back possessions.
                      VanVleet was
                      lightly recruited as a prospect in Rockford, Ill., and so he chose to sign early with Marshall and venture 677 miles away to Wichita. In so doing, he left behind a good number of nearby Big Ten head coaches who now kick themselves with regularity.

Comment

• Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
                        Not sure if this is media love, but it's a really good article breaking down Shockers plusses and minuses and chances in the NCAA tourney sent to me buy an NBA scout:
                        http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/23...h-Up-Blueprint
                        "Van Vleet doesn’t have the size or athleticism to be a big-time NBA prospect" I agree about the size, and maybe currently as a sophomore the athleticism part when it comes to being a "big-time" NBA prospect. He very well may fly under the big-time radar but we will get a chance. And everything I know about FVV tells me he will make it happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                          "Van Vleet doesn’t have the size or athleticism to be a big-time NBA prospect" I agree about the size, and maybe currently as a sophomore the athleticism part when it comes to being a "big-time" NBA prospect. He very well may fly under the big-time radar but we will get a chance. And everything I know about FVV tells me he will make it happen.
                          Its tough to measure the heart of a man but FVV has got to have the heart of a lion.

Comment

• "Vote With Your Feet" it is a powerful economic tool when used by the masses. I have done my part and do not listen or even watch Mr. Gottlieb or Mr. *******.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              What an explosive dynamic that the Shox have been placed in - at no fault of their own. Clowns like ******* and Gottlieb are on a personal witch hunt to disparage and trivialize our accomplishments.

They are chomping at the bit for the Shox to go 2 & Q in March Madness, so on Monday morning, they can get on TV and point fingers and tell everyone "I told you so". The mere thought of these two phucks posting their respective articles on CBS Sports and ESPN about our early elimination makes me ill. They'll be glossing themselves and chest bumping each other while making sure anyone willing to listen, know how smart they are.

It's clear ******* doesn't like GM and DG is all butthurt because Shocker fans called him out and made him look like a dumber. Their rants toward us is transparent. It no longer involves genuine analysis of our strengths and weaknesses (which I would be fine with). It has gone personal based on emotions they have for either our coach and/or our fans. They can attempt to veil their personal vendetta by raising the SOS trump card, but that's the simpleton's way out.

The Shox can give these two clowns a big fat crap burger to eat and there in lies the dynamic. I don't know what I'd love more, a National Championship or seeing these two 'experts' incur their comeuppance and on the national stage, suddenly turn into the village idiot. Neutrality may happen, a Sweet 16 appearance probably reverts everyone feeling like they won a free lottery ticket on a scratch off. But 2 & Q, they win. Elite 8 or better, we win.

It's going to be an exciting postseason, and there is no other program in the nation right now that will carry with them as much drama as the Shox. Undefeated record, somewhat controversial number 1 seed, the underdog from a mid major conference, and a couple of dip$hits who are foaming at the mouth to pile on. Stock up on your blood pressure meds because it's about to get real up in here.
                              Just saying... We all have a secret meetjng and call these clowns the KCSHOX of the journalism world. Matter if fact... Someone check his IP

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                                I'm too lazy to look but I'll bet they said similar things about John Stockton. I'd also bet that FVV gets a chance in the league when he is done here.
                                One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Working...
                                X