No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @KWCHJenn: Today Gregg Marshall talked birthdays, haters, and the Westminster Kennel Club. #shockers http://tiny.cc/xpoybx
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
      I just listened to Kevin Kietzman on WHB 810 say WSU shouldn't really want to play Kansas because after the Shox lose 16 in a row everybody will be bored with it and pay no attention. He went on that most of their non con teams were better than WSU and intimated that it's obvious KU would be undefeated with the Shox schedule. I got the impression he puts WSU in the same category as Emporia State or somebody. How's that for media love.
      Missed that part but was able to catch the 5 o'clock segment with Jason King. They talked a lot about the Shox & the feature story he's posting on the BleacherReport.com about Fred Van Vleet and his time with Shockers. Also mentioned he'll be town to cover the potential history of 31-0 happening in Wichita Saturday.
      If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-gre...iacontentstory Article on 3G and Pitino
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Anyone else enjoying the Hell out of all this?

If you're not...you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remember'70 View Post
            Anyone else enjoying the Hell out of all this?

If you're not...you're doing it wrong.
            all what? Is something going on?
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Man, ESPN is promoting the hell out of Saturday's game.
              Last edited by Zubcut; February 27, 2014, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                saw this Quinn Buckner interview in the margins:
                For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti
                  Ok, this isn't media love per say, but didn't know where else to put it. My neice in Oregon went to school today looking like this:
                  Just got back from a trip a couple of weeks ago and most of our little group wore WSU gear wherever we went. I can't tell you how many positive comments we got about WSU. We had just gone to 27-0 and everyone that we talked to said they were rooting for us. And we were in Florida!

Comment

• ESPN’s Bob Knight will attend Friday’s practice and Saturday’s game against Missouri State. He will interview Marshall for ESPN’s coverage on Saturday during its college basketball programs. ESPN’s crew for the game will consist of Holly Rowe, Rich Hollenberg, Mark Adams, Sean Farnam and Holly Rowe.
                    Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    I wonder if Holly Rowe will be there? LOL
                    Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• I'm in that line for an autograph.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
                        Man, ESPN is promoting the hell out of Saturday's game.
                        Seriously. I swear I saw that promo three times in a twenty minute span this morning.
                        Originally posted by BleacherReport
                        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Enjoy the next couple of days Wichita. You are about to be the epicenter of college basketball.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• It seems a couple of guys who back Clemson and South Carolina are talking trash on Marshall. They really don't have anything to lose. Those schools are so far off the radar of any school Marshall would ever consider. They've got no hope of his ever coaching at their school, so they may as well bad-mouth him to make it look like they wouldn't take him in a heartbeat if he would consider their programs.

We do a bit of the same with recruits who pick "other" schools over WSU. Sometimes.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Certainly some of he most ignorant and uninformed BS I have had the displeasure or reading. I can see why he moved out of the Midwest where you have to have integrity and common sense to survive.
                              I don't understand. What part of that was bad?

He said he spoke to Marshall, he's his new favorite coach, he wanted the SC job, SC turned him down, then SC approached him and Marshall laughed in their face. Not sure what you dislike there?
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                It seems a couple of guys who back Clemson and South Carolina are talking trash on Marshall. They really don't have anything to lose. Those schools are so far off the radar of any school Marshall would ever consider. They've got no hope of his ever coaching at their school, so they may as well bad-mouth him to make it look like they wouldn't take him in a heartbeat if he would consider their programs.

We do a bit of the same with recruits who pick "other" schools over WSU. Sometimes.
                                Clemson and South Carolina are utterly irrelevant in basketball. It's hilarious that their strategy would be to badmouth Marshall rather than trying like hell to put together $4 million a year to offer him.

Comment

Working...
                                X