No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since 2008 we are 4-1 against the big 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
      Since 2008 we are 4-1 against the big 10.
      With a rain-delay assist on the 1.

Comment

• I mean at this point its like playing patty cake on ya mommas breast

Tim Jessberger ‏@tjessberger 1h
        @Ben:Hillmon @BFQuinn @AlexGold @Hugeshow MSU, UM, Iowa, OSU would beat WSU 9/10 times each on a neutral court. IU/Purdue less.
        Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

Jason Waterfalls ‏@Paturn 20m
        @tjessberger @Ben:Hillmon @BFQuinn @AlexGold @Hugeshow MIght want to look at Iowa's record against Wichita state since 2008.
        Reply Delete Favorite More Expand

Tim Jessberger ‏@tjessberger 5m
        @Paturn I don't care about Iowa, sorry.
        Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

Jason Waterfalls ‏@Paturn 4m
        @tjessberger Then why bring them up?
        Reply Delete Favorite More Expand

Tim Jessberger ‏@tjessberger 2m
        @Paturn Because day to day in league play they'd win 90% of their games vs WSU. Or replace them with Wisconsin. Same result.
        Reply *Delete *Favorite * More Expand

Tim Jessberger ‏@tjessberger 40s
        @Paturn Iowa this year*, not past years. We're talking about this year.
        Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

Jason Waterfalls ‏@Paturn now
        @tjessberger And your analysis is based on?

Comment

• This is a taste of what's being said over on the Spartan's board...

oldgreenmachine wrote: Well, at least Gonzaga usually plays a couple of name teams in their OOC schedule, so you can get a feel for how good they are. I don't recall who Butler played.

I've seen WSU play a couple of times and am not that impressed with them. I don't see how anybody could vote them a top 5 team, other than the Cinderella factor, with who they have played so far. They have beat a bunch of mid majors, that's it.

There's usually a team of two every year that the voters get caught up with as a feel good story fueled by a great record but they never look at who they are beating up on. But when the tournament gets here they usually fall flat on their face.

Like go state says, we shall see in a few weeks!

Comment

• I 100% guarantee that if we have a decent run in the tournament it will be because we had one of the easiest paths ever.

Comment

• Young Jerkberger's argument is totally illogical. Nice to know he's getting a quality education at THE ohio state.

Comment

• I didnt even post the rest of the convo but it did involve the pharses "awful schedule" and "poor coaching"

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  I 100% guarantee that if we have a decent run in the tournament it will be because we had one of the easiest paths ever.
                  And that everyone we played had an off-shooting night

Comment

• Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post
                    This is a taste of what's being said over on the Spartan's board...

oldgreenmachine wrote: Well, at least Gonzaga usually plays a couple of name teams in their OOC schedule, so you can get a feel for how good they are. I don't recall who Butler played.

I've seen WSU play a couple of times and am not that impressed with them. I don't see how anybody could vote them a top 5 team, other than the Cinderella factor, with who they have played so far. They have beat a bunch of mid majors, that's it.

There's usually a team of two every year that the voters get caught up with as a feel good story fueled by a great record but they never look at who they are beating up on. But when the tournament gets here they usually fall flat on their face.

Let them talk--that's all it is. We are the unbeaten ones and we'll shock the world AGAIN come tournament time--in case there are those who didn't notice last year. We took the toughest road to the FF last year of any team in the previous 11 years and not only got there, but gave the Cardinals their toughest game of 2013. So all The MSU's and Cuse's and Gators...can step up and be the first to eat crow...once we beat their ass. If we got to win the whole damned thing to prove em all wrong..then let's just do it. Cause I think we will.

Comment

Which Michigan State board are you refering to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                        One caveat. I'm pretty sure WSU doesn't get to play the top 25 nearly as often as the KUs and Dukes of the world. This probably means that WSU's road record vs the top 75 is based on an easier group (more focused on 26-75) than Duke's same grouping. The numbers I posted here http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...eat-vs-Top-100 seem to backup this concept. I only point this out because all "vs top 75" groupings aren't necessarily created equal and direct comparison of winning % isn't always the entire story.

That said, these are really cool numbers that do show WSU has been an excellent road team over the past several years. One of the best in the country. If Fever will allow, Ill even go so far as to call it "amazing"!
                        Someone else requested the postseason be included, so I ran the numbers for WSU as compared to seven other major programs and Creighton over the last three seasons. The rules:

2011/2012 - Present
                        Road or away games.
                        Split up by top 25, top 50, top 75, top 100.
                        Includes post-season play.
                        All RPI's courtesy of WarrenNolan.com

vs Top 25
                        Louisville: 10-8 55.6%
                        Syracuse: 6-5 54.5%
                        UK: 8-7 53.3%
                        WSU: 4-4 50%
                        KU: 11-11 50%
                        tOSU: 9-11 45%
                        MSU: 9-12 42.9%
                        Creighton: 3-5 37.5%
                        UNC: 4-13 23.5%
                        vs Top 50
                        Syracuse: 17-10 62.9%
                        Louisville: 18-10 64.2%
                        Creighton: 9-6 60%
                        KU: 19-14 57.6%
                        WSU: 8-6 57.1%
                        UK: 11-9 55%
                        tOSU: 14-14 50%
                        MSU: 14-14 50%
                        UNC: 9-14 39.1%
                        vs Top 75
                        Louisville: 23-11 67.6%
                        WSU: 14-7 66.7%
                        Syracuse: 20-11 64.5%
                        KU: 20-15 57.1%
                        tOSU: 17-15 53.1%
                        MSU: 18-16 52.9%
                        Creighton: 11-10 52.4%
                        UNC: 15-14 51.7%
                        UK: 13-13 50%
                        vs Top 100
                        Louisville: 25-11 69.4%
                        Syracuse: 23-11 67.7%
                        WSU: 16-10 61.5%
                        KU: 21-15 58.3%
                        UK: 19-14 57.6%
                        Creighton: 16-12 57.1%
                        tOSU: 20-16 55.6%
                        MSU: 20-17 54%
                        UNC: 17-15 53.1%

WSU is simply in the top group in every category.

Worth noting: If Indiana State finishes the season in the top 50, and I think they will, WSU's record against the top 50 RPIs will become 11-6, 64.7%, good for second in the group.

Also worth noting: Michigan State's record is actually kind of embarrassing against good competition away from home.
                        Last edited by Rlh04d; February 21, 2014, 10:43 PM.
                        Originally posted by BleacherReport
                        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Summarizing from above post, Michigan State's record on the road and neutral sites:

vs Top 25: 42.9%
                          vs Top 50: 50%
                          vs Top 75: 52.9%
                          vs Top 100: 54%

Behind Wichita State in every. Single. Category. By 7%+ in every category.

Let 'em talk. Michigan State's resume is consistently inflated by home games.

More importantly, Michigan State hasn't even made the Elite 8 since 2010.

Are Big 10 fans drunk trying to attack us? Didn't we just crush the 2013 Big 10 Tournament Champion Ohio State Buckeyes in the Elite 8? A game Ohio State had the lead in for all of 1 minute, 8 seconds, and which we led by as much as 18? Pft.

At last Gonzaga gave us a fight.
                          Last edited by Rlh04d; February 21, 2014, 10:55 PM.
                          Originally posted by BleacherReport
                          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• I understand Izzo is defending his conference, but he should have a little substance to prove it.

I'm going to look only at OOC and projected RPIs of their opponents. In conference can't be relied on as well because, for example, if 4 teams don't prove much in the OOC how are they going to prove much against each other. I will give them that they had a much tougher conference schedule, but if a number of teams in that conference doesn't do better in the OOC, how can one say another team from a different, even lesser, conference won't do better than those teams in their conference only because that team didn't the chance to play in it.

#7 Minnesota - Best win, Richmond #55 / Worst loss, Arkansas #68, 2 losses total

#6 Nebraska - Best win, Georgia #100 / Worst loss, UAB #145, 4 losses total

#5 Ohio St - Best win, N. Dakota St #45 / No losses

#4 Wisconsin - Only team that had 3 top wins better than WSU, Florida #3, St. Louis #10, Virginia #14, and no losses

#3 Iowa - Best win, Xavier #43, then UTEP #87 / Worst loss, Iowa St #11, 2 losses total

#2 Michigan - Best win, Stanford #41 / Worst loss, Charlotte #158, 4 losses total

#1 Michigan St - Best wins, Kentucky #12, Texas #28, OU #30 / Worst loss, Georgetown #67, 2 losses total

Wichita State - Best wins, St. Louis #10, BYU #36, TN #46 / No losses

Out of those 7 top Big 10 teams, only 1, Wisconsin, did better. I'd call Michigan St a push at best. Against the other 5, we clearly had better wins and/or no losses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairgame View Post
                              Which Michigan State board are you refering to?
                              It is the scout.com site for Michigan State, SpartanDigest.com

Comment

• "Pine Bush grad Early isn't content with perfect record"

Comment

Working...
                                X