No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If, after a few year, after HCGM's kids are grown and has done all he can at Wichita State, why would he want to go to Duke or any other school? That's like saying coach K would want to go coach at another school because he's done all he can at Duke.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      Didn't Oklahoma State already go after Self last time?
      Yes. UNC had to offer Roy boy twice too.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Why not stick around and be the Coach K of Wichita St. Then in 20 years or so call back one of the many many asst coaches that have gone on to be head coaches at other universities to carry on your legacy?
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Gary Parrish bumps us up to number 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
            #1 for one week. IIRC, lost the next game to #2 Michigan by a point or so.
            85-87. Carrie Russell hit the winning shot in the final seconds. Michigan had been #1 the previous week and lost on the road to Nebraska.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
              Gary Parrish bumps us up to number 2.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...top-25-and-one
              From Parrish:

And it's a loss, by the way, that should indirectly enhance Wichita State's reputation because it's a loss that highlights just how difficult it is to win every game you play regardless of the competition. The Shockers, now 28-0, haven't competed against the nation's toughest schedule this season, I admit. But they have played 18 schools with better RPI ratings than this Boston College team that "sucks," according to Florida senior Patric Young, and Wichita State has succesfully handled each of those opponents, home and away, which must be worth something -- especially after a night like Wednesday night.
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Cazzie Russell.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  That is hard to say. He loves it in Wichita, but once his kids are grown, what is to keep him? His stock has risen too high for many and most schools, so he just might stay. But then again, there are those schools, the really rare schools, that would draw any coach to them like a junkie to crack cocaine. Just the opportunity to have a shot at the helm of a Duke, a North Carolina or a Kentucky would be too much for almost anyone to pass up. And if Marshall continues to perform at the level he currently is, those are the schools that will call. And even though Marshall makes wheelbarrows full of money at Wichita State, those schools will bring cash in dumptrucks. No way in hell does Marshall go to Kansas, but the other blue bloods, that is the course he is currently on. HE wins a NC or two at Wichita State, Dukies have to replace Coach K sometime, who else are they going to spend their tobacco money on?
                  Whatmakes you think that the coaches at NC, Duke, Kentucky won't be wanting (begging for) the job at WSU after Marshall is ready to retire?
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Basketball State has WSU #1

Both in record and State Ranking

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      Why not stick around and be the Coach K of Wichita St. Then in 20 years or so call back one of the many many asst coaches that have gone on to be head coaches at other universities to carry on your legacy?
                      I like to think of the former assistant we hire 20 years from now as HCFVV.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        Whatmakes you think that the coaches at NC, Duke, Kentucky won't be wanting (begging for) the job at WSU after Marshall is ready to retire?
                        I didn't say they wouldn't. Marshall can make the Wichita State job very desirable, and a destination for others, just as others before have made Kentucky, Duke and NC very desirable now. Marshall may, or may not have aspirations, if he does, they were seeded years ago, just as Marshall is currently seeding the idea of Wichita State as a dream job in many up and coming graduate assistants and assistant coaches.

This whole thing about destination jobs is fluid.
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                          From Parrish:

And it's a loss, by the way, that should indirectly enhance Wichita State's reputation because it's a loss that highlights just how difficult it is to win every game you play regardless of the competition. The Shockers, now 28-0, haven't competed against the nation's toughest schedule this season, I admit. But they have played 18 schools with better RPI ratings than this Boston College team that "sucks," according to Florida senior Patric Young, and Wichita State has succesfully handled each of those opponents, home and away, which must be worth something -- especially after a night like Wednesday night.
                          Gary Parrish is spot on. The Shocks have won 18 games home and away against teams with a better RPI than BC. And we play another one on Saturday to clinch the Valley title.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                            That is hard to say. He loves it in Wichita, but once his kids are grown, what is to keep him? His stock has risen too high for many and most schools, so he just might stay. But then again, there are those schools, the really rare schools, that would draw any coach to them like a junkie to crack cocaine. Just the opportunity to have a shot at the helm of a Duke, a North Carolina or a Kentucky would be too much for almost anyone to pass up. And if Marshall continues to perform at the level he currently is, those are the schools that will call. And even though Marshall makes wheelbarrows full of money at Wichita State, those schools will bring cash in dumptrucks. No way in hell does Marshall go to Kansas, but the other blue bloods, that is the course he is currently on. HE wins a NC or two at Wichita State, Dukies have to replace Coach K sometime, who else are they going to spend their tobacco money on?
                            I want to keep coach but I understand why he would jump for an opportunity to coach at a blue blood program.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
                              I like to think of the former assistant we hire 20 years from now as HCFVV.
                              What about HCRB?
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                                What about HCRB?
                                I'd be totally cool with that too. If it was HCFVV we could always have ADRB. These discussions are the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X