No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's something interesting. For all the grief KU fans give us for not playing a tough schedule, the only victory they have over a currently ranked opponent is a neutral site win over currently #23 Duke.

We have a win at currently #24 St. Louis.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
      Here's something interesting. For all the grief KU fans give us for not playing a tough schedule, the only victory they have over a currently ranked opponent is a neutral site win over currently #23 Duke.

They also have #25t Oklahoma on the road, but I expect them to disappear from the rankings very soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
        Here's something interesting. For all the grief KU fans give us for not playing a tough schedule, the only victory they have over a currently ranked opponent is a neutral site win over currently #23 Duke.

If you are going to count it this way, then I think they have two... Duke and OU... splitting hairs...
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          If you are going to count it this way, then I think they have two... Duke and OU... splitting hairs...
          Oh man. Didn't notice OU popped into the rankings.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• KU fans talking trash on Wichita State for our schedule when their program will not step up and play is an embarrassment to themselves.

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Hypothetical question: what do you think WSU would have been ranked had we lost in overtime? What about if the last 12 minutes were a wash and we lost by 19?
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                Hypothetical question: what do you think WSU would have been ranked had we lost in overtime? What about if the last 12 minutes were a wash and we lost by 19?
                No sense in thinking about impossible contingencies, there was "NEVER A DOUBT"
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                  Hypothetical question: what do you think WSU would have been ranked had we lost in overtime? What about if the last 12 minutes were a wash and we lost by 19?
                  What if the Shocks had caught a break in Maui at the UConn game, might we have made several more Final 4's?

Comment

• Thought it was an interesting way to frame the question of how much we are likely to fall after our first loss if and when it comes. I think we are almost passed the point where we will be punished with like 6-7 places given there are not aggravating circumstances.
                    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Breakdown of this week's AP voters. Of note:

Highest- Jon Wilner, #4
                      Lowest- Marcus Jackson, #13
                      Most Common Ranking- #5 (35 ballots)

Voters people care about: Dick Vitale- #5; Gary Williams (yes that Gary Williams)- #5; Tom Keegan- #5; John Feinstein- #5; Seth Davis- #6; Soren Petro- #6.

Comment

• You're my boy, Jon!

Comment

• I know SWMoSt. record is 12-4 but too bad they lost to Loyola. I wonder had they only had 3 losses on the season and came within a whisper of upsetting #6 Wichita St. if they would've been rewarded of "others receiving votes"???? I notice when the BCS schools do that same thing of almost upsetting a top-ranked team...they sometimes get rewarded for it. Lol
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                            I know SWMoSt. record is 12-4 but too bad they lost to Loyola. I wonder had they only had 3 losses on the season and came within a whisper of upsetting #6 Wichita St. if they would've been rewarded of "others receiving votes"???? I notice when the BCS schools do that same thing of almost upsetting a top-ranked team...they sometimes get rewarded for it. Lol
                            Missouri St. does not have a win against a Top 100 team. They aren't even close to the voting right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              Missouri St. does not have a win against a Top 100 team. They aren't even close to the voting right now.
                              I realize that...it's just I'm sick of some other Top-25 school fans saying...but look who we lost to? That's why were still ranked. Lol
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• No worries @MadaboutWu: I like to speculate. I do believe that we will take a disproportional fall in the polls when a loss occurs than our BCS counterparts.

Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X