No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 for one week. IIRC, lost the next game to #2 Michigan by a point or so.
    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
      Syracuse wouldn't have fallen far losing @Duke.

They deserve to drop several spots for losing at home to a terrible BC team. And I expect them to take a second loss @Duke as well.

We should be consensus #2 after our next win.
      Consensus #2 with a set of parenthesis after our name. :yahoo:

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Cliff said at halftime that they were #1 in one poll in 82.
        The playboy preseason poll. Cliff was really stretching it.

Comment

• Did a little research - per the link below - appears WSU was ranked #1 by AP during the week of 12/15/1964.

Last edited by Ixiah; February 19, 2014, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• If we win Saturday, we'll probably be #3 in the AP poll and move to #2 in the Coaches poll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
              Did a little research - per the link below - appears WSU was ranked #1 by AP during the week of 12/15/1964.

http://collegepollarchive.com/mbaske...m#.UwWBTvTeyQ4
              Being #1 this late in the year would be a lot different than being #1 in mid December, it would be pretty amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                If we win Saturday, we'll probably be #3 in the AP poll and move to #2 in the Coaches poll.
                Probably. But it will be interesting if Florida drops one on the road to Ole Miss and Duke beats Syracuse.
                In the fast lane

Comment

• F4 finish. Top-5 ranking most of the year. Potential #1 ranking. Potential #1 seed.

Now, where is is that Marshall might want to go to improve his chances of proving himself as a coach?
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    F4 finish. Top-5 ranking most of the year. Potential #1 ranking. Potential #1 seed.

Now, where is is that Marshall might want to go to improve his chances of proving himself as a coach?
                    That is hard to say. He loves it in Wichita, but once his kids are grown, what is to keep him? His stock has risen too high for many and most schools, so he just might stay. But then again, there are those schools, the really rare schools, that would draw any coach to them like a junkie to crack cocaine. Just the opportunity to have a shot at the helm of a Duke, a North Carolina or a Kentucky would be too much for almost anyone to pass up. And if Marshall continues to perform at the level he currently is, those are the schools that will call. And even though Marshall makes wheelbarrows full of money at Wichita State, those schools will bring cash in dumptrucks. No way in hell does Marshall go to Kansas, but the other blue bloods, that is the course he is currently on. HE wins a NC or two at Wichita State, Dukies have to replace Coach K sometime, who else are they going to spend their tobacco money on?
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      F4 finish. Top-5 ranking most of the year. Potential #1 ranking. Potential #1 seed.
                      I read a suggestion earlier today ...

Actually, let me just warn everyone to go pee before you read the rest of my post. If you don't you may piss yourself laughing. So go take care of business first.

Ok I read a suggestion earlier today that Oklahoma State should go hard after Marshall.

Comment

• Oklahoma State is likely going to try to offer close to 4-7 million to a coach who currently coaches in Kansas, and it isn't Marshall.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                          That is hard to say. He loves it in Wichita, but once his kids are grown, what is to keep him? His stock has risen too high for many and most schools, so he just might stay. But then again, there are those schools, the really rare schools, that would draw any coach to them like a junkie to crack cocaine. Just the opportunity to have a shot at the helm of a Duke, a North Carolina or a Kentucky would be too much for almost anyone to pass up. And if Marshall continues to perform at the level he currently is, those are the schools that will call. And even though Marshall makes wheelbarrows full of money at Wichita State, those schools will bring cash in dumptrucks. No way in hell does Marshall go to Kansas, but the other blue bloods, that is the course he is currently on. HE wins a NC or two at Wichita State, Dukies have to replace Coach K sometime, who else are they going to spend their tobacco money on?
                          Why do people forget one of the primary backers of WSU is the 6th richest man in the world? If were ever to become just about the money, I am not worried in any way shape or form that the dollars will show up.

But to every other point, I agree. If Marshall has had years of success and Duke comes calling and he goes, I'll shake his hand on his way out and I hope he eventually gets the all time wins.

But to then argue with myself, I don't see it happening. He won't leave on name alone (see: UCLA last year). He won't leave for a basketball program that is secondary to football (see: South Carolina). And I don't think any of the no-brianer jobs are going to come calling because I bet coach K wants one of his guys to follow him. Same with Roy @ UNC -- they will want a UNC guy. Every program like that makes that mistake and those two will have to make that mistake. KU is another job that if it is offered you say yes. One, I don't see self going anywhere ever and two there is no way KU even asks. I could also see some NBA owner at least making an offer and the same thing goes -- if the Lakers call you go. Same with Boston. Brad Stevens would have been a moron to pass that up. But not the Bucks or the Pelicans or the Clippers.

I think, and lord knows I could be wrong, but I think he stays until he is done with the game. If he can reach the ultimate goal at WSU then there is literally no point in trying it elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                            Oklahoma State is likely going to try to offer close to 4-7 million to a coach who currently coaches in Kansas, and it isn't Marshall.
                            And Self will turn it down easily because he knows how stupid that would be.

Comment

• Didn't Oklahoma State already go after Self last time?

Comment

• Everybody in the country will try for 3G, Wake, Indiana you name it.If hes smart he'll stay and if WSU is smart they will reward him, both with a nice contract and a new conference

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                                X