Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    I'm miffed (a touch of sarcasm here) how Zona has lost 2 games to teams NOT...I repeat NOT in the Top-25 and remains in the Top-5 in America. Weird how names on jerseys get so many benefits.
    Wins
    @ San Diego State
    N Duke
    @ Michigan
    @ UCLA
    9 other top 100 wins

The name on the jersey argument is valid at times, but overused soooooo often.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
      At this point, I think the ideal situation is for Duke to lose to UNC, but beat Syracuse. I don't want Duke winning out and giving any excuse to the selection committee to give them a #1 seed.
      Could not agree more, that would be fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
        Seriously? Does GW have a disease or something? I just looked them up, and they're 19-6 overall, 7-4 in league play. That shouldn't be that much of an embarrassment.
        Enough to keep them out of the top 10.
        Don't get me wrong, I love the Colonials! I love the campus and my little sis goes there. But that loss and the loss to Providence are two losses that are bad when you want to be a top 10 team. They aren't bad tourney resume losses. Just not the kind you want when you want a #2 seed.

Comment

• Don't worry, CU will lose @ Marquette this week and make the point moot.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
            Other than ******* and Gottlieb who are these tools you speak of?
            Well, there's Ron Morris ....

Jeez, can't a guy have just a little bit of hyperbole on a fan forum? :P

Comment

• Lol @ Nebraska getting 1 vote in the Coach's poll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                Wins
                @ San Diego State
                N Duke
                @ Michigan
                @ UCLA
                9 other top 100 wins

Oh wow! You know...I didn't realize they had all that many good wins. I don't follow UofA or even ASU for that matter. Should've checked before. Well...I guess their ranking is justifiable then. Good call Jamar Howard 4 President.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                  Wins
                  @ San Diego State
                  N Duke
                  @ Michigan
                  @ UCLA
                  9 other top 100 wins

I think Arizona is right where they should be this week.

That said, I don't think they will stay there very long. The current Arizona team is not the same team that picked up most of those nice wins. Two major problems they face:

1. Brandon Ashley is hurt. They had very limited depth. They now have literally no depth.
                  2. Everyone has figured out how to guard them. They are taking a team that can't score, on the road for 4 of their last 6 games.

I think they'll pick up at least 2 more losses in the regular season. Still a banner year. Still probably a 2-3 seed. I'm just glad that, for now, we've cleared them on the one line. The Big12 and Big10 conference champs are going to put major pressure on for a 1 seed, so I'm glad Arizona can worry about that now instead of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    Oh wow! You know...I didn't realize they had all that many good wins. I don't follow UofA or even ASU for that matter. Should've checked before. Well...I guess their ranking is justifiable then. Good call Jamar Howard 4 President.
                    No worries, just felt like pointing out that there was a reason they rose to a concensus #1 in the polls. To be honest, I wouldn't keep them top 5 myself because I think they are a different team since losing the #2 scorer to injury. However, absent a strong dose of "this team isn't the team that won all those games earlier in the year", the resume as a whole is still easily top 5 impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                      Lol @ Nebraska getting 1 vote in the Coach's poll.
                      Got to be Izzo!!! But they ARE a coming program!

Comment

• Morris' vote needs to be revoked. Not just for how he votes for WSU either. He is just moronic.
                        The Assman

Comment

• One of my favorite other non-sensical voters lately is Jon Wilner. He had us at #8 preseason; he has us #5 now (and moved us down after last week).

27 straight wins gets a 3 spot bump and no more, eh Jon?

Comment

• After watching the UA/ASU game I would love to play Arizona right now. That game was horrendous to watch.. In fact I feel very good about where we are at right now as a team. I would love to take on anyone in the top 10. I am more worried about the first couple of rounds than the later, ther is some good depth this season and there are some teams that aren't getting the publicity the "brand name" teams are getting.

Two things I hope happen before the end of the season. Syracuse losses 2-3 games to end the year. UA, Florida, Duke and Louisville drops a couple too. We end up #1 in the polls and we get a number one seed.

Or I hope we finish undefeated and the committee short sights us and gives our team something to play angry about.

Either way finish strong and party on!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                              Morris' vote needs to be revoked. Not just for how he votes for WSU either. He is just moronic.
                              Indeed. Morris' ballot on Pollstalker is in Techincolor with all the too highs or too lows. Out of 25 spots, he's agreeing with or in between the majority of voters only 8 times and 2 of those are Syracuse and Florida, plus left off UConn all together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                                A fourth of the voters have us at #2 ahead of Florida. That Syracuse @ Duke game on Saturday could be pretty interesting.
                                If Duke wins that game and it's not a blowout, the only thing that will probably happen in the polls is that Florida and Syracuse swap places.

Comment

Working...
                                X