No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Either give us the respect we deserve or pay for it later when we use your disrespect as motivation to run the table. Your choice writers

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
      This ballot really hurts. FL gains 3 points on one ballot on WSU. I know it is very early, but WSU is not off to a good start.
      if only WSU would've won some of those games against SEC opponents earlier in the year, especially on a nuetral court or on the road.
      Phi Alpha

Comment

• Mark Berman's ballot is out and it is good news for WSU. He improves WSU 2 to spots this week, moving them up from #6 to #4. He also improves FL two spots from #7 to #5 (so FL does not gain on WSU on his ballot) and SDSU improves from #5 to #3 (again no gain on WSU). Nobody jumps WSU on his ballot (Last week this voter had Villanova jump WSU).
        Last edited by shox1989; January 27, 2014, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• It's apparent the voters are a chip on Marshall's shoulders, as it might be the players as well. That's a chip that'll pay dividends through the rest of the year IMO.

I fully expect the disrespect to continue.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Geoff Grammer's ballot is out and it is more bad news for WSU. For about the 5th straight week he ranks WSU #7. It looks like he just isn't going to move WSU any higher than 7. He improves FL one spot to #3 and improves SDSU 3 spots to #5.

Comment

• We have now seen 10 ballots and WSU has a net gain of 10 points on the 10 ballots. FL has gained 18 points on the 10 ballots and SDSU has gained 23 points. If the remaining 55 ballots make the same average improvements for each team, both FL and SDSU will make big gains on WSU, but WSU would edge out the other 2 for 3rd place. Based on the huge gains SDSU is making on many ballots, there is a small chance they could jump WSU too. Based on this sample of 10 ballots, FL has a good chance of jumping WSU but it is less than 50%.

Bottom Line: Based on these 10 ballots WSU has a good chance (slightly better than 50%) of being in 3rd tomorrow, an extremely high chance of moving up to at least 4th and a small chance of staying in 5th (a small chance that both FL and SDSU could jump them). Last week the sample ballots indicated that Villanova would edge out WSU in a close race, this week it appears it is going to be very close again but so far at least it appears the odds slightly favor WSU to edge out FL.
              Last edited by shox1989; January 27, 2014, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• I dont get the dis on SDSU. They have lost one game. Against the team almost everyone agrees is the #1 team.

They were getting dissed harder than we were.

Comment

• Point well taken,DSB....but still in the midst of this is an apparent bias that WSU can't do much about...besides win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                    I dont get the dis on SDSU. They have lost one game. Against the team almost everyone agrees is the #1 team.

They were getting dissed harder than we were.
                    BCS BS.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Doug Haller's ballot is out and as usual he does WSU no favors. He moves WSU up one spot from #9 last week to #8 this week, but he improves FL 2 spots from #5 to #3 this week and improves SDSU 2 spots also from #7 to #5. http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/do...cans-and-more/

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        It's apparent the voters are a chip on Marshall's shoulders, as it might be the players as well. That's a chip that'll pay dividends through the rest of the year IMO.

I fully expect the disrespect to continue.
                        If that translates into wins in March and April,then let the "chips" fall where they may.. GOSHOX!!!
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                          Doug Haller's ballot is out and as usual he does WSU no favors. He moves WSU up one spot from #9 last week to #8 this week, but he improves FL 2 spots from #5 to #3 this week and improves SDSU 2 spots also from #7 to #5. http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/do...cans-and-more/
                          I have less problems with this than with the people who have San Diego State and Florida jumping us.

Fine, I might not agree, but last week you had those two teams ranked better than us, after the Michigan State loss you still think Michigan State is still better than us. Again, might not agree but it's your opinion.

vs

Last week you though Wichita State was better than Florida and/or San Diego State. What happened this week, Florida won @Alabama and vs Tennessee. Well Wichita State beat both those team @Alabama and vs Tennessee. They didn't do anything that Wichita State hasn't already done.

San Diego beat two teams this week. RPI # 253 and 104. Wichita State beat two teams this week. RPI #158 and 102.

Comment

• Massey
                            Composite at 8:20 has WSU #6 following Arizona,Kansas, Michigan State, Syracuse & Villanova.

Creighton, Wisconsin, Florida and Oklahoma State round out the top 10.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• This is fun! I feel we are in a no-lose situation: move us up the polls and it adds to the prestige of a program on the rise, do not move us up ... add fuel to an already burning inferno. Either way, 21-0 feels good ... but I am sure this group of 'horses' is not satisfied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockadelica View Post
                                This is fun! I feel we are in a no-lose situation: move us up the polls and it adds to the prestige of a program on the rise, do not move us up ... add fuel to an already burning inferno. Either way, 21-0 feels good ... but I am sure this group of 'horses' is not satisfied.
                                I feel like a kid in a candy store...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X