No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That makes me happy to see stand-up guys!!! Good job Tom!!!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      It's moot, not mute. I've seen this twice today so I'm going to correct for those not "in the know."
      Believe it or not but I know that, just made a mistake. But at least you understood what I meant. I will correct my mistake. Thanks.

I make a lot more mistakes than I used to. I think it goes along with the aging process and being on too many meds.

Comment

• Thanks for owning the mistake

Comment

• How high was Dayton? ranked when Curry was playing there? Didn't they only have a couple of losses or something like that and never cracked the top ten even while having a close shot at an undefeated season?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Believe it or not but I know that, just made a mistake. But at least you understood what I meant. I will correct my mistake. Thanks.

I make a lot more mistakes than I used to. I think it goes along with the aging process and being on too many meds.
            I make plenty of them. The your/you're, there/they're/their always kill me, yet I sometimes find myself typing them wrong. Sorry to call you out, but I'd seen it a couple of times, and couldn't bare it any more.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Looks like I'm thinking of Murray State in 2011. They had 23 straight wins or something like that and only made it to #9 in the polls. They lost one game and dropped to 16.

We don't deserve the Murray State treatment but I'm afraid that's what we're going to get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                Looks like I'm thinking of Murray State in 2011. They had 23 straight wins or something like that and only made it to #9 in the polls. They lost one game and dropped to 16.

We don't deserve the Murray State treatment but I'm afraid that's what we're going to get.
                Poll inertia.

MSU didn't start the year in the polls. During that 23 game streak they beat RPI 20 (Memphis), 26 (SoMiss) and 91 (Dayton). It was an incredible season. After losing their 1st game to Tennessee State (RPI 112), they won all their games (including BB against RPI 30 St. Mary's) until the round of 32 in the dance. Pretty incredible season. If we pull something like that off, we'll be well ranked since we started at 16.

2011-2012 Men's College Basketball Murray State Racers Team Home Page: team information including RPI, strength of schedule, schedule and results, streaks and statistics.

Comment

• I hope you're right. It's all about seeding.

Comment

• I appreciate Tom actually signing up and posting here to get that message across.

I'm a little curious if Tom was planning on blogging this thing out if it didn't get so much backlash on twitter. I noticed the blog didn't come out til 5:00. Probably also a dumb coincidence.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

That's not the point.
                      Yes, Seminoff is too quick to close ranks around a fellow sportswriter and too slow to call out his carelessness. Kudos to Keegan for stepping up and acknowledging his error.

Comment

I make plenty of them. The your/you're, there/they're/their always kill me, yet I sometimes find myself typing them wrong. Sorry to call you out, but I'd seen it a couple of times, and couldn't bare it any more.
                        You did that (bare instead of bear) on purpose just to make me feel better didn't you? Or maybe it was a test? :welcoming:

Comment

• Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                          Looks like I'm thinking of Murray State in 2011. They had 23 straight wins or something like that and only made it to #9 in the polls. They lost one game and dropped to 16.

I don't think that is fair. WSU has already been treated better than MSU was at this point in their magical season run. WSU is #8 and #12 in the 2 polls! I think we should be pretty darn happy right now. I know I am.

Comment

You did that (bare instead of bear) on purpose just to make me feel better didn't you? Or maybe it was a test? :welcoming:
                            :). Irony is more fun than grammar.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Anymore (one word, not two)
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• ESPN Power Ratings: Shox are #12

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X