No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am scratching my head as to how anybody is offended by the article.

WSU has not played a top 30 team and there are some areas of concern that all of us probably have.

We need thicker skin as a fan base. There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      One thing I find funny about DG's twitter participation is that after he gets into "discussions" (heated, innocuous or otherwise) it appears he deletes all but his "top level" tweets. I don't follow him but I have gone to his profile a few times and noticed that.
      Twitter automatically hides all tweets that are replies on a person's page, but you can choose to show all of their tweets instead, at the top of the page.

Comment

• Them boys from Oklahoma roll their joints all wrong, they're too damn skinny, and way too long.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
          I am scratching my head as to how anybody is offended by the article.

WSU has not played a top 30 team and there are some areas of concern that all of us probably have.

We need thicker skin as a fan base. There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism.
          The guy said Fvv doesn't have the gear to dribble drive!! That right there should tell you he is uninformed, that is what I took offense to and is why I tweeted him, he came back with the insults not me.
          I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

• Not sure how anyone basing their analysis on the that one game would get away with saying there's no low post presence like Carl Hall.

Lufile vs. St. Louis: 12pts, 8rbs, 5/7FG
            CH: 12.5pts, 6.8rbs

There are simply a lot of logical fallacies with Gottlieb's article. Either you're basing your analysis off of the one game you've seen and we don't have a PG (10pts, 4rbs, 6ast, 4TO), or you're basing your analysis off of season statistics and we don't have a post (6.5ppg, 5.5rpg, 1bpg). Either one would be a valid argument, but both at the same time doesn't work.

Comment

• Reasonable points. I might add that us expecting the world to bow down and worship us really smacks of KU elitism.
              Last edited by Guest; December 3, 2013, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• I dont think anyone is want to be bowed down to, just not discredited with unfactual articles. The bozo's on 1410 this morning even thought the article was lacking any research.
                I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                  Twitter automatically hides all tweets that are replies on a person's page, but you can choose to show all of their tweets instead, at the top of the page.
                  Whoa, how did I miss that? Thanks!

Comment

• As long as we win and stay near the top 10, I don't care what they say. Just more reason to play angry.

What fun is it to have everyone love us anyway?

If he thinks FVV can't dribble drive, have him go ask Thad Motta what his opinion is and get back with me.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                      I am scratching my head as to how anybody is offended by the article.

I would put St. Louis in the top 30. Just barely but I'd put them there.

Comment

• I'd just like to point out that in this week's ESPN Power Rankings, both Katz and Medcalf have us at #7, and both of them have us above both Duke AND KU.

Just giving some credit where credit is due. Or they used the same dartboard. Whichever. :)

Comment

• To me, the important thing is not what Doug Gottlieb thinks today. I don't require anyone's respect, and we already hit #10 so its not like we can get much more respect from the country as a whole.

I was annoyed at first that he hasn't notice some things that we have noticed about our guys. We are all experts in ways that not even a sports analyst can possibly be because we all have graduate degrees on our players from watching literally every game they've played from start to finish (and SN doesn't leave early either). I'm over it now because the discussion here kind of hits it on the head eventually. Thats part of why SN is cool. We level each other out, and we are all extra smart because of it at the end of the day. Well, we hope...

The important thing to me today is that we just got through DePaul, BYU and St. Louis with wins. That already goes a long way. I would love a win over Tennessee and Alabama to sweeten the deal, and no hiccups with ORU, NCCU or Davidson. Getting through the first 3 the way we did is huge. It got us to #10.

What do you all think 5-0 before conference could get us up to? :)

Comment

• Those who can, do. Those who can't, get jobs as critics of those who can.

Well, Gottlieb can be personally obnoxious, but he probably knows a lot about the technique side of basketball, and presumably playing defense as well; otherwise he'd never have seen the court, given his truly woeful shooting skills. But if he thinks Fred VV can't take it to the basket, he's being fooled by appearances. And that isn't all bad; probably Fred would just as soon have all his opponents think he can't get to the basket. (As a longtime Spurs fan, I can't tell you how often I watched Avery Johnson go to the basket, lay the ball up and in, and wonder, "How did he do that?" But he did it -- routinely -- and opponents let down their guard against him at their own peril.)

As for the low post presence, WSU is still definitely a work in progress, but I personally would be satisfied for the Shocks to "struggle" down low all year the way Lufile did against St. Louis. Struggle like that with Lufile, get Darius Carter going the way juco players tend to do after they've been around for a while, and have Coleby do the things he's shown he's capable of doing, and WSU will be just fine down low.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                              To me, the important thing is not what Doug Gottlieb thinks today. I don't require anyone's respect, and we already hit #10 so its not like we can get much more respect from the country as a whole.

I was annoyed at first that he hasn't notice some things that we have noticed about our guys. We are all experts in ways that not even a sports analyst can possibly be because we all have graduate degrees on our players from watching literally every game they've played from start to finish (and SN doesn't leave early either). I'm over it now because the discussion here kind of hits it on the head eventually. Thats part of why SN is cool. We level each other out, and we are all extra smart because of it at the end of the day. Well, we hope...

The important thing to me today is that we just got through DePaul, BYU and St. Louis with wins. That already goes a long way. I would love a win over Tennessee and Alabama to sweeten the deal, and no hiccups with ORU, NCCU or Davidson. Getting through the first 3 the way we did is huge. It got us to #10.

What do you all think 5-0 before conference could get us up to? :)
                              13-0...couldn't resist.

Comment

• I'd bet Doug is reading this thread. Hi Doug, thanks for the pageviews.
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X