Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    This is the part that is difficult to understand. Beating BYU (neutral) and St. Louis (road) in the same week doesn't lead to a lower ranking unless you are really clueless.
    There are situations where I could make the case that you could be jumped (everyone in front stays the same and the team behind has better wins, for example) but that wasn't the case here.

Comment

• Gottlieb is officially going off the deep end on Twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
        Gottlieb is officially going off the deep end on Twitter.
        Lol, go get 'em Kellen!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
          Gottlieb is officially going off the deep end on Twitter.
          Looks to me like it the "Shocker fans" going off the deep end. #Embarrasing....

Let the team do its talking on the floor...
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• "Doug Gottlieb ‏@GottliebShow

@RyanWGates @EyeOnCBB Oklahoma State is much better than Wichita,it is not because I'm an alum,it is because it is true-"

-

"Doug Gottlieb ‏@GottliebShow

@RyanWGates OKState is deeper,shoot it better,have more scoring,and one of the best players in college basketball-other than that..."

-----

I guess he doesn't take defense, toughness, and coaching into account when figuring his "better" teams.
            Last edited by DPruett2333; December 2, 2013, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Ok I will give him Oklahoma State. Now name 9 more.

But I agree with @jocoshock: ... torch him here on Shockernet all ya want but harassing media personalities on Twitter is bad form.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• https://twitter.com/EnthusiAdams
                Ron Baker will be one of all time greats at Wichita St. More national media will figure it out. This from the guy who 1st tagged McDermott.

Wichita State winning at St Louis sends a huge message to the nation. This is a Top 10 team. Tennessee and Alabama up next.
                He doesnt agree with Gottlieb
                https://twitter.com/JimmyDykesLive
                Wichita State has some tough dudes that come to ball no matter the moment. They expect to win. Highest compliment you can give a team
                Last edited by kcshocker11; December 2, 2013, 10:32 PM.
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Ok I will give him Oklahoma State. Now name 9 more.

But I agree with @jocoshock: ... torch him here on Shockernet all ya want but harassing media personalities on Twitter is bad form.
                  True but a media personality answering every one of these tweets is worse form.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    LOL. Touche'.

Comment

• By my count there are 21 unbeaten teams left. It would be interesting to compare schedules and predict who the last man standing unbeaten will be.

Comment

• Step back and take a deep breath people. Gottlieb or any of the other talking heads is not going to affect this team. I am sure his season stats for us will be zero points, zero assists, zero rebounds.....he is essentially Rush Limbaugh. An attention whore who thrives on this stuff. Stop feeding him.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheYeti View Post
                          Step back and take a deep breath people. Gottlieb or any of the other talking heads is not going to affect this team. I am sure his season stats for us will be zero points, zero assists, zero rebounds.....he is essentially Rush Limbaugh. An attention whore who thrives on this stuff. Stop feeding him.
                          LOL well ,,, except Rush is documented to be correct something like 97 or 98 % of the time ,, can't say that abour Doug G LOL
                          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                            Looks to me like it the "Shocker fans" going off the deep end. #Embarrasing....

Let the team do its talking on the floor...
                            Disagree completely. The point of social media is to engage discussion. Are some fans ridiculous? Yes. Do some Shocker fans make WSU look bad? Yes. But knowledgeable fans arguing their point is perfectly fine, and is kind of the point of interaction between media types and fans, ect on these sites. It is one of the main reasons they are there.

That being said, DG looks ridiculous. Name calling, ect. from the media member is very low class. You don't see many media types pick this many fights with fans. Interaction is fine, but he is obviously insecure about something. I follow him and he does this all the time. He even does it with other media members he deems to be less credible. Jon Rothstein is a solid CBB analyst and writter, DG blew him up a couple weeks ago for no reason because he disagreed with his use of "glue guy." Said he stole it from Seth Davis. Rothstein just tried to play it nice and complimented Doug back.
                            Goo Shockers

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan45 View Post
                              Disagree completely. The point of social media is to engage discussion. Are some fans ridiculous? Yes. Do some Shocker fans make WSU look bad? Yes. But knowledgeable fans arguing their point is perfectly fine, and is kind of the point of interaction between media types and fans, ect on these sites. It is one of the main reasons they are there.

That being said, DG looks ridiculous. Name calling, ect. from the media member is very low class. You don't see many media types pick this many fights with fans. Interaction is fine, but he is obviously insecure about something. I follow him and he does this all the time. He even does it with other media members he deems to be less credible. Jon Rothstein is a solid CBB analyst and writter, DG blew him up a couple weeks ago for no reason because he disagreed with his use of "glue guy." Said he stole it from Seth Davis. Rothstein just tried to play it nice and complimented Doug back.
                              Definitely agree about the insecure part. The tweets I saw, he didn't even argue his point, he simply blasted Wichita and its fans (FWIW I wasn't involved in the twitter battle.) The dude obviously has some sort of issue and I can't wait for us to win the next 20 games and achieve a #1 ranking, I'm hoping for OSU to lose their next 20 also but I actually think they're a decent team.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                And if he ignored them, they would be even more insulted.... I am sure DG probably regrets some of his responses, but if people are going to lead with their chin, don't complain when he hits the target. He was baited. He took the bait, broke the line, and left the fishermen standing on the bank holding their "poles".

Bottom line, his article was a fair assessment and he said nothing; NOTHING, that hasn't been said on this forum NUMEROUS times by Shocker "fans". It is one opinion, probably outnumbered at least 5 or 10 to 1 by other "experts" who claim this year's team is better than last year's team.

It was his assessment of our team at a particular point in time. Nothing more. Give it a rest...
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X