Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No argument for landing at #12.

Plenty of room to move in either direction depending on how this week plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
      ouch for Shaka.

12 is a good number. Especially for this early in the season.
      Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      No argument for landing at #12.

Plenty of room to move in either direction depending on how this week plays out.
      Now one sees what happens to a #10 team when they lose 2 of 3 in a week, even if it is to good competition.

I wonder how long it's been since we've had an OOC run of 7 games like what we are about to face (Tulsa, DePaul, TX/BYU, St Lou, ORU, TN, Alabama). 3 on the road, 2 neutral court, 1 home, and 1 sort of home.

Comment

Keep it goin boys. Looks good.

8 spots higher than the first overrated Big East team in the poll, lolz.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          Now one sees what happens to a #10 team when they lose 2 of 3 in a week, even if it is to good competition.

I wonder how long it's been since we've had an OOC run of 7 games like what we are about to face (Tulsa, DePaul, TX/BYU, St Lou, ORU, TN, Alabama). 3 on the road, 2 neutral court, 1 home, and 1 sort of home.
          We played George Mason, Syracuse, a good Wyoming team, and LSU over successive weekends. Won all of them. Got to #8, then went Las Vegas, PJ ate some bad eggs, and lost USC and another team that I cant remember. Limped through the season to finish something like 17-14...
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
            We played George Mason, Syracuse, a good Wyoming team, and LSU over successive weekends. Won all of them. Got to #8, then went Las Vegas, PJ ate some bad eggs, and lost USC and another team that I cant remember. Limped through the season to finish something like 17-14...
            New Mexico with JR "stabbed in the leg" Giddens.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
              That was a tough schedule, but UMKC was in between Syracuse and LSU, and Maryland-Eastern, Kennesaw St between Wyoming and New Mexico.

Too bad that team crashed and burned after that great 9-0 start. Both Las Vegas loses were close scores which I believe was true of most of the losses that year.

Comment

We also jumped from #16 last week to #12 this week in the Coaches Poll.

Comment

A breakdown of our AP Poll votes.

Comment

Apparently Kevin Gorman is an ultimate homer and still hasn't gotten over the WSU-PITT game.

Comment

And I know Soren Petro gets crap on this board, but he does have us at #9.
                      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        Apparently Kevin Gorman is an ultimate homer and still hasn't gotten over the WSU-PITT game.
                        Looks like he hates Creighton too. And no love for VCU. Clearly a non-BCS hater.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          Looks like he hates Creighton too. And no love for VCU. Clearly a non-BCS hater.
                          Yup. Someone should tell him Creighton is in one of those fancy conferences now. Apparently they still haven't been given a pin in the boys club.

Comment

WSU is number 10 in the Jeff Sagarin ratings.

Last edited by 1979Shocker; November 27, 2013, 08:15 PM.

Comment

The Shockers are now number 8 in the Sagarin ratings.

Comment

Realtime projected RPI. 2:30 p.m

1 Kansas 30-1 0.6734 2 0.5716 Big12 18-0
                                2 Wisconsin 25-6 0.6325 9 0.5604 Big10 13-5
                                3 Louisville 30-1 0.6278 96 0.5153 Aac 18-0
                                4 Gonzaga 29-1 0.6275 98 0.5151 Wcc 18-0
                                5 Florida 25-6 0.6267 13 0.5591 Sec 16-2
                                6 Wichita St. 30-0 0.6261 117 0.5015 Mvc 18-0
                                7 Ohio St. 25-6 0.6204 30 0.5469 Big10 13-5
                                8 Duke 23-8 0.6195 4 0.5667 Acc 13-5
                                9 Syracuse 25-6 0.6169 44 0.5414 Acc 12-6
                                10 Arizona 24-7 0.6138 27 0.5482 Pac12 12-6
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X