No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Morris moves us up to 5th. Andrew Carter drops us to 7th.

Andrew Carter gets my bad vote this week

Comment

• I remember a walk on that earned a scholie and led his WSU team to the final 4
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Fuente 858 View Post
        Ron Morris moves us up to 5th. Andrew Carter drops us to 7th.

52 out of 65 ballots had us at #1 or #2.

That's a lotta respect. Amen on Carter though- pile on that turd.

Comment

• Jon Wilner is bad too WSU #5, SLU #18, KU #2

Comment

• Originally posted by Fuente 858 View Post
            Ron Morris moves us up to 5th. Andrew Carter drops us to 7th.

He has Virginia ranked ahead of us. Virginia, the team that lost to Tennesee by 35 points.

Comment

• 2nd in the coaches poll with 8 1st place votes!

Comment

• ESPN - #1 - (02-24-14).JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                  2nd in the coaches poll with 8 1st place votes!
                  Hope one of them was Jacobson.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    Hell, just tell him that our non-conf SoS is 40 or so in the country. That's what is torquing me off in all this. We are borderline 85-90th percentile nationally in non-conference SoS and yet some people still don't think that is good enough.
                    +1. It just shows how lazy some of these voters are. I understand if you're a wtiter for another state. It's not necessarily your job to know our non conference SOS vs. conference. As a national writer, though, that's something you should know and take into consideration. Writers from individual states probably depend on national media to keep them up to date on the other teams around the country. Saying "they didn't play anybody" just doesn't stand up to scrutiny. The schedule we could control was a top 50 schedule. Who, outside of Shockernet, is acknowledging that fact?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                      Ah, I totally forgot that he is a Syracuse guy. He's got to be having a bad week so I'll leave him alone.
                      Lol. Yes. He is between a Rock Chalk and a hard place with a "shocker" in between. B-)
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Link to Coaches Poll. As @Shock Therapy: said, 8 first place votes (vs. 24 for Florida).

Pretty awesome stuff.

Comment

• Only 1 team in the country has fewer than 2 losses....is that right?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Only 1 team in the country has fewer than 2 losses....is that right?
                            And the survey SAYS...

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Only 1 team in the country has fewer than 2 losses....is that right?
                              But KU's schedule is harder. And they have a great history. You have to take that history into account when talking about how well a team is doing because going to a final 4 is consideration. Of only one lucky year

Comment

• Really suspect that Creighton jumped Saint Louis this week. Saint Louis beat a team that Creighton lost to, and Creighton was extremely unimpressive in beating Seton Hall at home (I don't subscribe to punishing teams for ugly wins, but I don't subscribe to rewarding them for it either). I don't even really have a problem with Creighton's ranking, or their ranking relative to Saint Louis, but to get moved up this week does not make any sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X