Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
    Worse ranking from week before: 9 ballots
    This is the part that is difficult to understand. Beating BYU (neutral) and St. Louis (road) in the same week doesn't lead to a lower ranking unless you are really clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamCC View Post
      By that logic, we should have been ranked behind Evansville last year.
      If Evansville was undefeated and they were our only loss, yes, you would be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
        Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        #11 AP
        Not satisfied.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          This is the part that is difficult to understand. Beating BYU (neutral) and St. Louis (road) in the same week doesn't lead to a lower ranking unless you are really clueless.
          They only way we could've dropped in their minds would be if the teams that passed us did a lot better than we did.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Maybe they actually saw us play and just didn't think we were purty enuf!

The important thing right now is to finish off this stretch of @Tulsa, vsDePaul, vsBYU, @St. Louis, ORU, Tennessee and @Alabama in strong fashion. If the guys can take care of business in the next 3 games I have to believe we will be solidly entrenched in the Top 10.

However, the potential pitfalls in college basketball seem to be everywhere and at times where you least expect them.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 2, 2013, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Didn't notice it pointed out yet that only 1 Big East team is currently ranked and they are below us....and Creighton is now unranked...

Comment

The question is if we will get to number 1 when we go undefeated through Arch Madness.....

Right?

:)
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Gottlieb sounds off on Shockers: "Marshall and Co. -- Top 10 ranking or not -- have some issues to address to truly arrive at that level."

Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Yeah, we will have to address some major issues before we can be elite like Duke, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth007 View Post
                      Gottlieb sounds off on Shockers: "Marshall and Co. -- Top 10 ranking or not -- have some issues to address to truly arrive at that level."

http://www.cbssports.com/general/wri...-a-top-10-team
                      I wonder if this genius would like to propose a Top 10 list, and if so, how many of those teams have 2 road wins, and 0 losses.

Comment

I'm curious to see who he has ahead of us.

Comment

• Which he bases entirely off one game...and considers offense to be he only thing that matters.

Comment

• That article was very frustrating. He even says outright that van vleet doesn't have the ability to bail us out like Armstud had.

If there is one thing Fresh has been, its been clutch.

Comment

I will give Douche Gottdweeb the benefit of the doubt that he caught Van Vleet's worst performance this year (due in whole to the fact that he hasn't been up against a defense near as good as St Louis' this year). Had he caught the BYU game, his tune would have been different. I have been a fan of Douche's, so it kind pains me to say stoop to eight year old name calling, but -- hey -- that's how mature I am.

By the way, I think our ranking should be top 5, not top 10. And I am not saying that based on the color of my specs. I believe we are really that good.

Being unpracticed against a hard nosed defense like St Louis' _in their own house_ and walking away with a victory speaks volumes about our team. KU would have lost that game. In fact, many of the top 10 programs would have lost it. That's why they won't play these types of teams in their own house.

Not satisfied.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I thought he made it pretty clear during the broadcast of the St. Louis game that he didn't think we were a top 12 team (let alone top 10). But I would like to see his top 10. I am sure none of them would have any defeciencies at all.

It is also obvious that the St.Louis game is the only time he has seen the Shocks play this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X