No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's one voter. Sure, his reasoning is full on retard, but no biggie and he still has us just a spot below where we'll end up in the AP tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
      Seth Davis tweeted this out in response to his top 25 ballot: "Seriously don't even tweet me about Michigan St people. Down 2 starters and Wisky still needed a buzzer beater to win at home."
      1.You don't get byes for games played without injured players. It sucks. It's bad luck. It happens to everyone. I don't remember WSU getting a 4 seed last year because we played half the season without 3 starters.

2. If this is your methodology, in not penalizing MSU for the loss, you also have to not give Wisconsin ANY credit for the win. You can't not penalize a team for losing because they had injuries, AND give credit to their opponent for a good win.

Comment

Seth Davis tweeted this out in response to his top 25 ballot: "Seriously don't even tweet me about Michigan St people. Down 2 starters and Wisky still needed a buzzer beater to win at home."
        So basically Seth thinks MSU would be the #4 team if their injured players weren't missing. Interesting idea. I wonder if he would be willing to vote WSU #1 in an NCAA football poll; after all we might be if our program wasn't missing.
        The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          I wonder if you insert WSU in for Michigan State and Indiana State in for Wisconsin and WSU is given the same treatment?

I highly doubt it.
          If Baker were out for 5 games? Are you kidding me? Freefall 15 spot drop. Look, I like Seth, and mostly he's very smart and on point, especially for a graduate of Duke, but he's seriously off base here.

"Don't confuse me with the facts, I know who's better, no matter how many times they lose!"

Seth also was heard to say, prior to the start of the LaSalle game last season, "To the Final Four the Shockers." so he has that going for him, which is nice.
          Last edited by WuDrWu; February 9, 2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

i saw he responded multiple times to similar questions... You know what still doesn't matter... THEY LOST. Who cares who they played, they still lost and lost to an unranked team (currently)

He seems like a big tool and is in pictures with gottlieb who we all know is a big douche.

Comment

• Seth Davis' reasoning is embarrassing.
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• WSU the same on Dachille, Davis, Bozich and Borges' ballots so far. Pretty boring stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                  Didn't [Michigan State] just lose to an unranked Wisconsin team?
                  1989 explained it plausibly and well. Davis has transcended facts -- reality, one might even say. WSU is #5 and no higher, and that's his story and he's sticking to it. He MAY move them up if they reach the Final Four, inasmuch as four is less than five.

Comment

• After keeping WSU at #7 for several weeks in a row, Geoff Grammer finally moved the Shockers up one spot to #6: http://www.abqjournal.com/350740/spo...or-feb-10.html Doug Haller keeps the Shockers at #6: http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/do...all-americans/

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                      i saw he responded multiple times to similar questions... You know what still doesn't matter... THEY LOST. Who cares who they played, they still lost and lost to an unranked team (currently)

He seems like a big tool and is in pictures with gottlieb who we all know is a big douche.
                      Some people never let facts get in the way of their argument ...

Comment

• Nothing Seth Davis does in the polls regarding MSU or WSU will matter if MSU's injured players don't recover and. they lose in the tourney.

Rating us higher won't matter if the Shox dont back it up as well.

This debate can only be settled on the floor.
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          If Baker were out for 5 games? Are you kidding me? Freefall 15 spot drop. Look, I like Seth, and mostly he's very smart and on point, especially for a graduate of Duke, but he's seriously off base here.

"Don't confuse me with the facts, I know who's better, no matter how many times they lose!"

Seth also was heard to say, prior to the start of the LaSalle game last season, "To the Final Four the Shockers." so he has that going for him, which is nice.
                          I think we'd get a fair treatment from Seth if one of our players was injured. Here's what he had to say last year during all of the injuries.

WICHITA STATE (13-1, NR): BUY-PLUS

I do not give this rating lightly, but the Shockers have earned it for two reasons. First, they have been playing solid basketball all season, with their only loss coming at Tennessee. Second, they are currently missing three starters because of injuries, including 6-8 senior forward Carl Hall, their leading scorer and rebounder. All three of those starters are expected to return at some point (Carl in the next week or so). Not only does that mean the Shockers will get even better, but it also means that Gregg Marshall has been forced to give extended minutes to players who would not have otherwise gotten the chance. To get a sense of this team's potential, consider that when it was at full strength, it won on the road at VCU on Nov. 13.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2svNkkBZt

Comment

• I also don't think the limit Seth Davis has for us stays much longer. It's sad that he's repeating the same mistake he made last year. Here's what he said last year after he removed Gonzaga's ceiling and ranked them number 1.

Several weeks ago, I wrote in this space that regardless of what happened the rest of the season, I would not rank Gonzaga higher than sixth the remainder of the season.

Serves me right for committing the cardinal sin of the poll voter: Expressing certitude.

With all the teams ranked above Gonzaga losing last week, and with the Zags taking care of business with their tough road win at BYU, I clearly had to move them to the top of my ballot.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...#ixzz2svT3OyH9

Comment

• I say we pick up 10 more AP vote points and stay at #4-AP with 1,445 points.

Comment

After keeping WSU at #7 for several weeks in a row, Geoff Grammer finally moved the Shockers up one spot to #6: http://www.abqjournal.com/350740/spo...or-feb-10.html Doug Haller keeps the Shockers at #6: http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/do...all-americans/
                                According to Geoff's blog he had us #6 last week: http://www.abqjournal.com/347028/spo...r-feb-3-2.html

He just swapped Michigan State and San Diego State this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X