Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
    Clearly ******* does not like Marshall. I think it may have something to do with the Dan Patrick interview from last year where ******* said Marshall is not well liked in coaching circles. Marshall replied something like I am sure there are people who don't like Jeff *******.
    I hadn't made that connection. Well it all makes sense now.

Comment

• Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
      I am sure there are people who don't like Jeff *******.
      Coach was correct.

Comment

• ron.jpg

Comment

• ron2.jpg

Comment

• Florida defeated Missouri by 68-58.

Actually, Missouri defeated Missouri. Missouri could not rebound or handle backcourt pressure.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]1220[/ATTACH]
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                Florida defeated Missouri by 68-58.

Actually, Missouri defeated Missouri. Missouri could not rebound or handle backcourt pressure.
                Or get to the line, or make free throws when they did get to the line....

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                  Oh he mad...

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                    Ed Graney
                    Ed Graney is the local columnist here in Vegas. He's on a daily radio show as well. I really think Las Vegas sports radio is among the best, largely because they are talking wins and losses and Against the Spread numbers. For them its not about names, its about results.

Local sports commentators have been on the Shocker's bandwagon since we torched UNLV when they came to the Roundhouse (I made a special trip to be at that game). There is also the history of UNLV coming from a smaller conference to dominate. In the early '90s UNLV was part of the Big West. They understand the disrespect.

Graney has been talking the Shocks up, votes them #2 in AP, and does not apologize. He ranked Gonzaga #1 last year. Results are results and says its very clear when watching the Shockers that they are among the best.
                    Last edited by Anthroshock; February 5, 2014, 11:36 AM. Reason: kant spel gud

Comment

• Not surprising that those in Vegas go with the numbers and not just hunches. Though they do rely on the suckas who bet on hunches to make their money!
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• somebody should get the ISUB "ode billy packer" song they made up for when Packer was dishing the Larry Bird team saying the much the same team as the Gottlieb and *******. Just change the name and there u go...

Comment

• Line is only four and a half which tells me Vegas either thinks we are not that
                          great or ISU has a good team and a very good chance of beating us.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                            Line is only four and a half which tells me Vegas either thinks we are not that
                            great or ISU has a good team and a very good chance of beating us.
                            I think it's more likely that the media has hyped this game up for so long as a the game WSU would lose that they wanted to set it pretty low. On the ISU board I saw someone said like 85% of the bets had been to cover the spread, though, so it obviously wasn't set where it needed to be.

Comment

• Vegas does not make its money siding with the majority of the action, therefore, I
                              am going to revise my previous prediction of a 67-64 win to a loss by the same score.
                              I sincerely hope I am wrong and I know this will bring out the long knives to slice
                              and dice me. I'll be just fine with egg on my face tomorrow !

Comment

• Vegas doesn't care who wins or by how much as long as the bets are evenly distributed on both sides. That is the only goal.

If you look at advanced stats sites like kenpom or the sites that do game by game projections based on RPI, the opening line is almost always within a point of what those sites project the edge to be (since this is a common tool for the guys that actually bet for a living). It has little to do with media perception or anything else.

The line opened yesterday at -4.5 and hasn't budged.
                                Last edited by Play Angry; February 5, 2014, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X